Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Statistically, this is the most likely person to vote for Hildawg in the general.

Seems like black people DO know about the superpredator thing, yet voted for her anywhere. This doesn't seem to me to support what Majoratarian was saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Black people are statistics now? You don’t say.

Everyone's a statistic. There's about 300 million people in this country dont'cha know.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

what a surprise. yet again the dems assume they can poo poo on the left and we'll just fall in line anyway. gently caress the dem party

Oh man. This is totally informative. I wasn't already EXTREMELY aware how you would feel about this.

Lightning Knight posted:

Trump's narrative wasn't about class warfare, it was about how the Jewish conspiracy was trying to kill the white working class.

That was his narrative. That's what "globalism" means. That's why STEVE loving BANNON was running his campaign. You're ungodly dense.

In Florida a week ago he appealed to the blood descendants of the original colonists and was clearly barely able to avoid appealing directly to Christianity in defense of the travel ban. I can't believe that didn't get more attention.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

I think Sanders realized that Clinton winning was more likely than not, and didn't want to damage her too much going into the general. Which isn't unusual; primary rivals oftentimes hold back from doing too much damage to each other.

If only the rest could learn the lesson Bernie tried to teach. Stunning parallels to Catholicism, really.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

I don't think you can fairly pin the blame for Clinton's loss on Sanders' supporters; most of them turned out for her.

Some are clearly still fighting that fight though.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The optics are bad.

The optics are bad, because we insist that this is an important issue, because the optic.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

It apparently is an important issue considering how many are angry about this.

But just like before, the hillary wing will ignore reality again.

"If this doesn't matter why I am still angry?" I dunno, maybe it's you, not the world though.

Meanwhile Ellison is deputy chair of the DNC and this vote was never as big a deal as certain people kept making it out to be.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

The "they're both progressive" is the same old trick that was used during the dem primary, ignoring other factors about candidates which people are suspicious/uncertain about. It's a deflection imo cause I don't think most people who didn't like the result actually cared about Keith's or Perez's positions but what they represent, the direction of the party.

Interesting, so you think the people who voted in a way you disagreed with during the primary were tricked into doing so?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

Even this thread has people popping in to say they're done with the dems. It's not just me that's angry, and that you keep trying to pretend it's just me shows how much you're denying reality. Likewise, your insistence that the anger is irrational is pretty blind considering that plenty of people have said why they are upset with Perez.

But being eternally wrong is just your nature, what with being a broken brained hillary supporter.

Excuse me sir I supported Bernie in the primary sorry I am not a big fan of trump, I guess you are if supporting Hillary is a bad thing.

It's not just you, but I'm not convinced that it's not just a small portion of you being incredibly loud. And get this, even if it's a lot of you and you all really care as much as the people in this thread, this particular event is still the dumbest thing to be raging about and it's obvious that everyone raging about it is using it as a proxy for the primary that they are still mad about, gently caress all that dumb rear end poo poo.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 26, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

Yeah I'm sure you did nevvy :rolleyes:. Also you must be a trump supporter if you support dems pissing off their base needlessly when we're on the ropes. Even if you think the people angry about this are a small minority, dems just pissed them off to elect a candidate that was strictly inferior and no one but dem lobbyists wanted.

You are the dumbest guy. "supporting hillary over trump makes you a trump supporter" welcome to the ignore list. Enjoy your tantrum you massive loving crybaby. You don't even live here.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The democrats already had their first post Trump electoral victory, but to spur on the glorious revolution we have to endlessly troll about conspiracies and the death of the Democratic Party

How else can we show our true devotion to Bernie-Sama.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TheRat posted:

loving rofl

Read his words. That's what he said. Supporting Hillary in the face of trump is the only rational choice, and he's an irrational french person so really, gently caress what he thinks. This race was never as big a deal as people were pretending. The outcome is exactly the same either way except for a very small minority losing their poo poo, and the dem leadership was right not to give in to their posturing.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TheRat posted:

Nice meltdown. I'm sure feeling smugly superiour will do you a lot of good when the democrats crash and burn again.

How is that going to happen as a result of this vote, please elaborate.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TheRat posted:

It shows the dems have learned nothing from the catastrofuck that was 2016.

And... then what?

Ellison is deputy, they were already similar... what's the result that is worse for dems?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TheRat posted:

I wish you good fortune in the elections to come :)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

when the apparently brain dead morons that decided a kick to a dick for no reason what so ever was a great idea botch 2018 and 2020

It's very interesting that neither of you can elaborate further on how that happens as a result of the recent vote.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TheRat posted:

I don't enjoy repetition. The arguments have all been made in here many many times, and you and yours have smugly derided or ignored them many many times.

You can't even quote them? Intersting.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TheRat posted:

I'm sorry. I'm not clever or confident enough to match up to this level of smugness.

If you really believed it was gonna happen you could probably come up with some kind of approximation of the argument that convinced you. Why should anyone take you seriously otherwise?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

when the apparently brain dead morons that decided a kick to a dick for no reason what so ever was a great idea botch 2018 and 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well if i could tell the future i'd be using it to buy lotto tickets

:rolleyes:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TheRat posted:

If there was anything the 2016 elections taught us, it's that smug liberal cunts will never take you seriously no matter what you say, so why even bother?

E: :smug:

So, you don't actually have any idea what's going to happen, you are convinced it'll be a disaster though, because how those democrats not do the thing you wanted.

By the way, people really invested in this ellison thing, who did you contact about it?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

neither do you jackass

Which is why I'm not getting myself super worked up about the results of this nothingburger.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

given the track record of the democrats for the past 6-8 years, it is my belief that evidence points to them continuing to gently caress up

How though? what kind of fuckup do you think perez is gonna make that ellison would not have, when ellison was his deputy?

You have no idea, you are just angry at the democrats. I'm not sure you even know why you are angry at them. I'm not saying you can't be angry, but you being angry doesn't make this a mistake, it just makes you an angry person. BTW, where do you live and who did you contact to encourage them to vote Ellison?

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 26, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my concern has always been the party writ large rather than the chair. half of the 400+ party leaders decided either further inflaming or not caring about the division in the party was a good idea and that does not bode well i feel

Ok. What division? Is it significant? did they know about it? Who did you contact to let them know how you feel? Is this anything other than "they should have voted for the guy Bernie endorsed and known I wanted it"?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

XyrlocShammypants posted:

This post makes as much sense as "Obama was suppressing Ellison behind the scenes." Which is to say no sense at all

I heard unsourced rumors that he spent TEN DAYS secretly fighting Ellison supporters in cage matches.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Covok posted:

As a remimder, the right is actively trying to make the left fight itself.

In this very thread, no doubt.

Majorian posted:

This decision probably isn't going to have that much of an effect by 2018.

And no one has put forth an argument otherwise that I've seen, though they insist it's out there.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm pretty sure we'll win on literally anyone who isn't hillary clinton.

I bet Weiner could pull it off...

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

Maybe I just don't want to see the Democratic party smug out about stupid babies and tell everyone to get lost again, and then wake up in 2018 wondering why a winning coalition didn't magically appear. "We called everyone who complained about us sucking Goldman-Sachs' collective dick a whiny baby moron, what more do you stupid assholes want!?”

Good thing the party isn't doing that. But I sure as gently caress am.

Meanwhile, Ellison is deputy chair and other than this circular "this is worse than the alternative because I am mad about optics because I didn't get what I wanted" tantrum I haven't heard a single argument to suggest that the party is in a significantly worse place than they would be if Ellison had won. And I've seen no figures cited to suggest that this is remotely on the scale of the Bernie defectors, who we repeatedly have established weren't the deciding factor.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 27, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

So you are saying Schumer knowingly lied when he said that the platform after Ellisson was involved was one of the strongest pro-Israel platforms? What are you basing this on?

I think he's saying Schumer is a politician. Also something can be weakened and still be one of the strongst of that kind of thing. Yay for words

Crowsbeak posted:

No you're a lying Islamophobe.

You do this a lot. He's not. Shutup.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

I want to pick at this in particular. These household incomes still aren't even part of the 1% in many areas of America. (Obviously in the Rust Belt or something it's way up there.) People have a tendency to think of others who make 2x to 5x what they do as Very Wealthy, because it's really really loving difficult for the majority of people to wrap their heads around just how loving much money the people who are loving us are actually earning. They're out of sight and they're out of mind, and no one can really conceive of just how completely alien and different their lives and realities are from our 9-5-and-come-home existences.

Very well pointed out. It's the old "lebron james is rich, the guy signing his checks is wealthy."

I'm still stuck on how it's bad that a prestigious university has a high median income for its alumni. :confused:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
What's the issue with the median income of stanford grads, beyond "This isn't full communism now"?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Quorum posted:

I mean, Republicans all the way up to and including the White House, as well as known propaganda outlets like WikiLeaks, are attempting to foment leftist rage in the hopes that it will splinter resistance and render Democratic attempts at retaking government this year, next year, and in 2020 ineffectual. So under your hypothetical, as per usual, yes, Democratic factions would blame each other.

Don't forget obvious rightwingers in this very thread.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

The Kingfish posted:

But the point is that people like B5 are MORE offended by 'oval office' than the literal mass murderer. They will apologize for someone who prasies Kissinger and attack somebody who uses 'oval office'. Brutal imperialism is acceptable but the rude word isn't!

Praising Kissinger in itself is a less harmful act than using the word "oval office".

Let's pretend people were calling him the "N" word, would you make the same argument?

Crowsbeak posted:

He is a murderous motherfucker. Also am I kink shaming?

Freudian motherlust isn't a kink.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Quote is not edit.

False dichotomy! Kissinger is terrible!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Mnoba posted:

hey, rabid hrc defenders using identity politics are hijacking the thread just like they used them to hijack the primary!

Hijacking the thread away from what, exactly?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

The Kingfish posted:

But the point is that people like B5 are MORE offended by 'oval office' than the literal mass murderer. They will apologize for someone who prasies Kissinger and attack somebody who uses 'oval office'. Brutal imperialism is acceptable but the rude word isn't!

Kissinger is bad. Praising Kissinger is foolish, but not inherently harmful.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Also no one in this thread was praising kissinger, afaik. They were accused of being more offended of the one thing than the other, which is a stupid. Because you can't prove it, and you can't prove the moral virtue of one or the other, it's a stupid excuse to take potshots at B5 instead of just not calling people cunts.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

Is saying that a certain dictator of Germany did nothing wrong not in any way harmful?

Depends on who you say it too. Obviously some people's feelings would be very hurt. Shia Lebouf should not be punished for shoving that guy. But he also shouldn't call that guy a "oval office".

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Yeah, I know, I heard all that when kissinger was praised. That was a long time ago, not sure why you guys are harping about it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Using gendered slurs also perpetuates and furthers patriarchal horseshit when you just don't need to do it.

But HRC did a bad thing 8 monthsa year ago!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Meanwhile no one in this thread has praised Henry Kissinger but it's very important we all say "oval office" because a politician did a bad thing once.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Well, it's not relevant to anything.

Please do remind me of it if she tries to run in 2020. God forbid.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

The Ender posted:

I think the problem is less about Clinton being around for another run and more that people as incisive, witty & worldly as yourself tend to fill the ranks of those who feel it is their title to captain the ship of the DNC.

Not seeing a problem.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Lol nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

"We cannot achieve utopia so we might as well not do anything. I see you're a left communist. Like good comrade Bordiga.

You used that to attack him as a Muslim. Seriously racist. I am starting tosee what the cntrists mean about racists among the left. We got a racist bolshivik here.

You suggested it comrade Fulchrum.

I remember the post you are talking about and I'm 99% sure that's not what he was doing and 100% sure I told you you were wrong and to shut up at the time. You misread something.

• Locked thread