Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
MFL is perhaps iffy during the workday here as well.

Also would prefer to nix the bonus aspect, though it looks like that's been done. Just wanted to get that out there in case there was a big rush for it and we needed a vote or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

Where we at? Also, gently caress YOU BN!!!!!! :argh:

Kinda surprised that happened. I traditionally have not very good luck in this sort of thing.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Shoot, I'll go Leveon Bell then.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
My strategy relies on Sataere making everyone panic.

Clearly he's twigged before round one is up and is now undermining me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

My strategy can be summed up perfectly by Brandon Marshalls description of the Jets season.

You can't draft the water cooler.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Matt Ryan and Julian Edelman

(strategy schmategy)

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Jay Ajayi and Tevin Coleman

The turn sucks.

Agreed.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Eli and Odell.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
ElC, just noticed on the draft in the OP you have my and Sataere's first picks swapped.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I love you guys.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So my intent was to post that and then wait until Spoeank's pick and the say something like, "Except for you" or some such.

After those picks though, I just can't.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Jason Witten and Adam Veterinary

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

Who is Adam Veterinary? If you mean Vinitairi, the Colts are not in the playoffs

drat, I'm old fashioned. Ghostkowski.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

El Caganer posted:

Ninja Bob is up, will email shortly, and we still need Ben to sign up at MFL..

Ah, this is true. MFL is spotty at work. I can get their main page, but not many of the others. Is there a direct signup link or something so I can see if that works from here?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Dion Lewis and Cole Beasley

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

Really thought you were gonna go Latavius Murray there.

I pick Not Brock. (Conner Cook)

Considered, but the short shelf life plus how horribly the Raiders ran against the Texans a few weeks ago made me think it's not worth it.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

A bit sad everyone didn't sleep on Lewis, but I I think OAK wins, and that will add some value.

I'm kinda feeling Houston there. OAK won last time, but it was close and on the back of a few questionable calls. OAK is going to be down to a third stringer at QB and their LT has an injured leg, so I think it swings HOU this time.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

My counter argument is Brock. :v:

It was a 1 score game with Brock last time! Though uh, I wouldn't really recommend drafting him.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
And I totally remembered to sign up. It's e-mail address you already have or username bennevis

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Ladarius Green TE, Robbie Gould PK

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

CLIVE WALFORD AND OAKLAND DEFENSE

ITS A RACE TO THE BOTTOM

Man, you got on the Walford bandwagon and never got off.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

The Zack posted:

My lineup is correct.

So, which undrafted TE is going off for 2 TDs? I'm thinking Richard Rodgers

Lengel

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So how do I get to this here league?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Yes.

And you may be in the lead now, but I'm making a move.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
With Ryan, Lewis, Edelmann and Gostkowski in the Super Bowl, I think I've got a decent shot at this!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

The Zack posted:

I didn't have any faith in the falcons (or any NFC team) so I chose players from teams that I knew would play at least 2 games, like Pittsburgh and Houston. And now I'm in 5th place.

I feel like I lucked into Matt Ryan. I didn't really intend to take any falcons, just to try and focus on Steelers and Pats, but you gotta have a QB from somewhere.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

El Caganer this is the awkward part where you tell us your PayPal email address unless you want to give me your address and I ship you 2,000 pennies

Let's just do it this way.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So with this wrapped up, I wondered if we could do a quick post mortem. Mostly just two thoughts, since I was considering doing this with some friends next year. What'd y'all think of the format? Is this something better suited to a different draft type?

I wonder a bit about snake draft, mostly because Spoeank seemed to get the short end of the stick. Granted, it's a lot easier to snake slow than get a bunch of people together for an auction or something. Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
And I sent my money this morning.

• Locked thread