Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

All the cool marines may have died or stopped posting but y'all got the first gold rated service thread of 2017 :cabot:

we're too indoctrinated to rate the usmc thread anything less and no one else cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Only have woodland cammies and desert frog gear IMO

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Alex433999 posted:

We havent even gone to the field yet here in bridgeport and two people already hyped out

Is anyone sperging out about uniforms.

We literally weren't allowed to wear some of our cold weather gear outside of our tents in Afghanistan

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Alex433999 posted:

Every officer and staff nco is sperging about which warming layers and poo poo we can/cant wear. Two guys hyped out because they wore grid tops and sweaters, so now we are only allowed to wear the frog gear and goretex, and the goretex is only if its raining.

Thankfully we all get to wear beanies all day hear but officers kept getting butthurt because they expected us to salute in them (???) So we had to have like a 20 minute brief after lights about why we need to salute in beanies.

Do the fucks leading the training not tell them to gently caress off?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

That's part of Valhalla. During the day you murder each other, at night you drink and eat and bang.

Valhalla is the most metal afterlife. I wonder what music they listen to during their daily melee. I hope its Iron Maiden.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Also if you read One Bullet Away by Captain Fick a solid chunk of it is his point of view of the the events in Generation Kill and also simultaneously describes why he got out of the Marine Corps as fast as he could after getting back from that deployment. Maybe not everybody can relate with the mess that the Iraq invasion was right from the start, but the reasons behind him wanting out are pretty universal.

the difference between books written by LTs and captains compared to those written by majors and higher is almost bizarre with how different their views are

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah if you kill a fascist while wearing dress blues its technically not illegal

edit: forgot a word

PookBear fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 18, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

only if youre impaling them with a guidon tho

that would actually be so dope

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I will get disability with my retirement check too. So that's a positive I guess.

thread title

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

its not like any of you retards had anything better to do

literally anything else

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

Oh, and:

The Lost Marine plan:

Suicide is always an option.

I kinda want that as a tattoo

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Seeing who could wear the smallest pair of silkies to PT was funny. Specifically going out of your way to hangout with our dudes that you don't know and get all hot and sweaty while wearing silkies sounds like its a meet up for dudes that want to bang each other. THere is no way there isn't an orgy at the end of that hike.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Thump! posted:

lol I joined the army after a four year break from the Marine Reserves.

I'm dumb as all hell ama

mods please ban Thump! if he ever posts in the marine thread again

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the dad farm posted:

if we go have a land war in asia, call me.

been playing a lot of RS: Vietnam and i got a hankerin to stack some gooks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

join the gip discord and play with us

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

One of my better memories was when I was TDA in 29 palms for a month. Got left alone on weekends and enjoyed Joshua tree national park.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I've never told anyone I work with that SA is a thing or that I am a member. Keeping my work life separate from my personal life is one of the ways I've managed to stay sane long enough to make it this close to retirement.

give your account to a young boot on your way out the door

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i wear the usmc tracksuit constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Alex433999 posted:

Anyone done Christmas during a deployment? How did you all make the best of it?

i got back literally on christmas day :smugdog:

• Locked thread