Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

100% of the people involved sound like idiots, but I guess that's expected

~the military~

Also, new thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Naked Bear posted:

If I can't gently caress my coworkers and subordinates, nobody can!

If you didn't have a crab in the bucket mentality when you were in, then you probably got out.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

quote:

The Marines that we want to re-enlist don't want to stay because they get tired of being around stupid people. They do. They get frustrated, they get tired of beating their head against the wall. [They say] You guys wont listen to me, I'm outta here. I'm going to go to college and make a million bucks. And they do.

I've mentioned it before, but a Lt Col that was at my unit once made a Corporal take that quote from the CMC off of his cubicle wall because "it might offend some people".

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Internet Wizard posted:

I've mentioned it before, but a Lt Col that was at my unit once made a Corporal take that quote from the CMC off of his cubicle wall because "it might offend some people".

Semper Snowflake! :qq:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A civilian contractor I knew had that as his email signature

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
#overlyhugeemailsigs

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
v/r

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

v/r
my balls

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

milk milk lemonade posted:

#overlyhugeemailsigs

You should see some the ones I see working for the VA. My favorite so far was a big NDSM.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/BIUK/status/877813270677147648

meant to put this in the CE thread but.... i guess it kind of fits here as well?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I was like man where did it explode to kill her but I guess cardiac arrest from it slamming into your chest is a thing.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

LingcodKilla posted:

I was like man where did it explode to kill her but I guess cardiac arrest from it slamming into your chest is a thing.

Commotio cordis. Basically you get hit right over the heart by something with enough force and at the exact wrong part of the cardiac cycle, your heart starts freaking the gently caress out and spasming instead of actual coordinated pumping. Apparently even with immediate medical attention it's got like a 1 in 3 survival rate, which is incredibly lovely since a huge portion of incidents are kids playing sports (baseball, lacrosse, hockey, etc). My brother's HS lacrosse team played against this other kid's team a couple times, then we hear one day through the grapevine that the kid (goalie like my brother) got beaned in the chest during a game and loving dropped like a sack of potatoes. The real eye-opening part is that was WITH a chest protector, so I figure if I ever have kids and one of the fuckers wants to be a goalie, they're gonna be wearing a goddamn plate carrier with some ESAPIs.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Them tig old bitties didn't protect her in the end.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
lol died doing whippets

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

lack of heart/bone density and muscle rigidity to keep the heart from going into sudden cardiac arrest

she should have changed her god drat socks.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Grognan posted:

lol died doing whippets

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Should have PMCSd it first. Posthumous Article 15.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Commotio cordis. Basically you get hit right over the heart by something with enough force and at the exact wrong part of the cardiac cycle, your heart starts freaking the gently caress out and spasming instead of actual coordinated pumping. Apparently even with immediate medical attention it's got like a 1 in 3 survival rate, which is incredibly lovely since a huge portion of incidents are kids playing sports (baseball, lacrosse, hockey, etc). My brother's HS lacrosse team played against this other kid's team a couple times, then we hear one day through the grapevine that the kid (goalie like my brother) got beaned in the chest during a game and loving dropped like a sack of potatoes. The real eye-opening part is that was WITH a chest protector, so I figure if I ever have kids and one of the fuckers wants to be a goalie, they're gonna be wearing a goddamn plate carrier with some ESAPIs.

My mother held the line, kept me from all sports, and spawned a 50% broke sad brained lamprey on the national shield.

LoL if you think whozit thinks more of you than signing that paper that says he didn't have enough time to wreck your pulmonary system before you started to smell.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

LingcodKilla posted:

This instagram "celebrity" might still be alive if she followed the recall instructions of her personal whipped cream devices.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

MurderBot posted:

lack of heart/bone density and muscle rigidity to keep the heart from going into sudden cardiac arrest

she should have changed her god drat socks.

she wasn't wearing her reflective belt. that's why it hit her.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Shouldn't have tried to dry fire it. She'll be in the next safety brief.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
hey guys someone help me here... when i joined the NG (i got out of active in feb and became a nasty girl) I was promised 2 years of stabilization. Just got a call from my readiness NCO, the guard wants to deploy me in September. Where can i look at my contract to verify that I actually have a stabilization flag? There's got to be a place somewhere that indicates that I'm non-deployable.

If my recruiter hosed me somehow I'm going to hunt her down and destroy her.

edit: i have a sweet job and a newborn baby, gently caress getting deployed right now.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

At the very least, it may/should show that on your ERB (assuming that's up to date) next to your deployment time, upper left.

e: Ehh, that's dwell time. Maybe not.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 23, 2017

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Which state - it looks like at least a few years ago NY had a separate piece of paper to sign for Stabilization?

https://dmna.ny.gov/arng/ocs/stab_pol.pdf

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest from blunt force trauma is regarded as non-survivable. Someone in Europe--Spain I think--published a small study in which they excitedly reported a few survivors, but in general if you get smacked in the chest so hard that your heart goes into fibrillation, you're toast.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Edit: wrong thread. I'm the idiot.

Aranan fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 24, 2017

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Any VA wizards around? Hired the local VA Jedi to represent my claim. He sucks, my claim is failing and dude doesn't even know my name.

Looking to optimize my chances, but the VA has already stated they've lost my file. Again, 4-5 time. I have copies of everything, but if I spearhead this effort, the shitheel who sells himself as the VA Jedi gets 20% retro, without doing poo poo for me. Any tips?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
no jedis work for va only jar jars sorry

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Booger Presley posted:

Any VA wizards around? Hired the local VA Jedi to represent my claim. He sucks, my claim is failing and dude doesn't even know my name.

Looking to optimize my chances, but the VA has already stated they've lost my file. Again, 4-5 time. I have copies of everything, but if I spearhead this effort, the shitheel who sells himself as the VA Jedi gets 20% retro, without doing poo poo for me. Any tips?

Take your question to the Vet Benefits and Info thread that's stickied up there. Better chance someone will give you a good answer there.

This is where we talk about idiots, nominally.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lol I joined the army after a four year break from the Marine Reserves.

I'm dumb as all hell ama

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thump! posted:

I'm dumb as all hell ama

Did you suffer a TBI recently or something

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Thump! posted:

I'm dumb as all hell ama

Please never shut up about how great the Marines was and complain that the army is lame.

Do this with as much unearned bravado and the lack of introspection as every loving former Jarhead I've ever witnessed join my gay weekend Humvee maintenance club.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I don't get it. Why would you 1) go back and 2) switch branches?

I mean, if you switched to a cush air force job I could kinda understand but why go marines>army wtf dude

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dick Burglar posted:

I mean, if you switched to a cush air force job I could kinda understand but why go marines>army wtf dude

The XO of my last unit went from Marine officer to Navy officer because he got marine-fat from his knees going baddish.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Wasabi the J posted:

Please never shut up about how great the Marines was and complain that the army is lame.

Do this with as much unearned bravado and the lack of introspection as every loving former Jarhead I've ever witnessed join my gay weekend Humvee maintenance club.

The best part is it's Cav Scouts, so they're stupidly moto already.

Dick Burglar posted:

I've made a series of poor decisions and am not a smart man. I've got orders to Alaska though, so that's tight.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That's not too bad. My buddy (a scout) just did Wainwright and enjoyed it.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Naked Bear posted:

enjoyed Wainwright

Hmmmmmmm

Ohhhh, so he's an idiot. Now that makes sense.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We had a guy who wouldn't shut up about his past life in the marines. Then he got kicked out for loving up bad with his GTC, and then it came out that he'd raped a couple of teenagers, and felt up an 8 year old. So he's going to be on prison till he's almost 60.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I worked with a former marine who got medboarded, then joined the army to renew his clearance and was in the process of another medboard when I saw him last.

Maybe he will try to join the coast guard next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aranan posted:

I worked with a former marine who got medboarded, then joined the army to renew his clearance and was in the process of another medboard when I saw him last.

Maybe he will try to join the coast guard next.

Then he'll get overboarded.