Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Discount_Bees posted:

I finally got out a few months ago. Gonna miss shooting guns out of helicopters but definitely no regrets.

Welcome to Freedom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

All the cool marines may have died or stopped posting but y'all got the first gold rated service thread of 2017 :cabot:

1stSgt threatened NJP if we didn't vote 5

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Victor Vermis posted:

Whoever got mine is in luck: my spunk crusts to a Level III ballistic rating. Drop that lame nut-flap in your company's designated K-bar seabag, Cpl Vermis' unrealized heirs will shield your delicate nethers from frag & SAF.

jk i didnt return poo poo

I was wondering where you went

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yeah that sounds pretty implausible.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I hope that in the future we can load actual people into cannon shells as a form of living artillery so I can experience the pure visceral thrill of some GED mouthbreather sending me to my shrieking doom.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I don't know bout y'all but I don't want to die and head to a place where you fight and die for all eternity. Is there some Nordic equivalent of an afterlife where you get drunk, eat pizza, peep butts and pet dogs all day? Because that sounds like my thing.

EDIT: That kinda sounds like an eternal barracks TBH

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

elite_garbage_man posted:

if you die like a pog (not in combat) then you don't go

something to ponder before self-terminating or coming down with cancer of the anus

what if you
are on a QRF sent to
help some guys in combat
and
your mrap rolls over
into a poo poo canal
and you drown in poo?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Internet Wizard posted:

:qq: b-but I wanna go to Valhalla too

Bunch of entitled pukes in my Marine Corps Thread, I tell you what. Don't wanna earn their eternal reward.

Shut the gently caress up boot

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's a word that people use to make Marines feel bad

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
OORAH MARINE CORPS

*clap clap*

KILL

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
New marine commercial is...good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q5R8cNbYJQ

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
oorah derbil

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

its not like any of you retards had anything better to do

actually very true

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

MaxPowers posted:

You have to one up that sgt yelling at cops. drat that video has 23 million views on the youtubes.

Shamar Thomas. I served with that guy. He was a really cool, and I'd never seen him get aggressive like he did in that video.

The last I heard of him, he went on a speaking tour after that video, was a contestant on Survivor, and now does advocacy work of some sort.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

the only honest man in gip

if you asked him his cock size, he'd say: within a standard deviation of the average length/thickness for white men in america

TW: a small sprinkling of motivation

Realtalk: I was a huge fuckup as a kid and all the way up through high school. Fat, lazy, with no real sense of purpose or direction. My greatest aspiration after high school was to go to community college to study computer science (something that, knowing the math requirements for now, I would have surely failed out of) and play video games. Had I not enlisted, I would probably still be living somewhere near my hometown, probably still incredibly fat and very depressed. I probably would have been a brony too :barf:

The Marine Corps kicked my rear end in just the way that I needed. It taught me that even though I was a piece of poo poo, I could stop being a piece of poo poo if I tried really, really hard. And so I tried harder than I've ever tried at anything before. I actually started to care about things, including myself. I realized that instead of seeing a goal and thinking "Man, if I weren't such a sack of poo poo I could totally do that thing", I could actually, you know, try to do that thing.

I'm still kind of a piece of poo poo, but I've kept the weight off for almost 15 years now and I'm far more mature and worldly than I was back then. I go to a very good school, and my job prospects are looking good. I also started settings goals and achieving them, like learning an instrument, or learning a language. I've won a few prestigious scholarships, which is something that would've sounded ludicrous if you told me back in high school. All in all, I'm doing pretty good.

Granted, I almost offed myself a few times because the adjustment really loving sucked, but thankfully I never went through with it. While I can't claim to be one of those hilarious brokebrain dudes who writes everything in all lowercase and is all wacky and zany, the service did gently caress with my head a little bit, but thankfully the school's counseling service is surprisingly good at handling service-related issues. With graduation coming up next month, I'm reminded that I really got a good deal out of the whole thing, and even though I would change a few things if I had to do it over again, I'm very glad that I did it.

So yeah. Enlisting was a net positive for me. Sorry for taking up your time, but thanks for listening anyway.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Devils (esp. gunny Hekk)

I shouldn't care about this, but a new MOS (0571) was approved about two years after I finished a particular course, and I think I qualify for it. I've been out for almost five years now and have no idea how to apply for this and/or get an updated DD-214. Here's the applicable MARADMIN http://www.marines.mil/News/Message...nel-announceme/

Anyone have any ideas?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I tried that, but my CAC is incredibly expired so I can't use the web form. In the end, I message to garcia'd and contacted the civilian POC listed on there.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Lest we forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DxLYEsl5m4

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hi dad farm!!!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
how the gently caress did you find my deviantart account??

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Victor Vermis posted:

dude i dont even understand this one

Yesssss that's the classic Vic V

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Dan Bilzerian has his broken clock moment for the year

http://popularmilitary.com/bilzerian-calls-medal-honor-recipient-dakota-meyer-marine-retard/?utm_source=The+Salty+Soldier

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

PathAsc posted:

I miss 29, goddamn.

Oh my god, you poor thing. What did they do to you??

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
OORAGH GUNNY HEKK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Every day I bring great credit upon the marine corps and the united states naval service

• Locked thread