Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, so if these states go blue then that means maybe the dems are starting to turn things around, and the GOP is disappointing its people enough that they don't want to vote so much these days, and if this pattern holds then there's hope for 2020? And it's looking like something will possibly go okay???

Jesus, I forgot how uncomfortable the feeling of hope is. We're talking a GOP with a slimmer majority of congress reps, signs of a motivated electorate, and a cool 18~ million people living better in the slightly expanding blue zones. Is there a "lol something matters" gif?

I didn't even know there was a state that let ex-cons vote. I wish we could make that happen in Cali.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

Your nightly reminder that Danica Roem, who just kicked bigot Bob Marshall's bigot rear end, is the frontwoman for this band

https://cabridehome.bandcamp.com/album/crash-the-gate

she rules hard
This band is good. I don't understand why tonight is so good.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

B B posted:

I don't like this, but only because it presumes Democrats lose 2020. :smith:

Do we have any interesting dem candidates yet? Is Roem eligible? How about that Sikh guy, he seems cool. Let's have a low drama infrastructure-focused president. The 2024 ad campaign writes itself.
"The republicans have been wasting their breath complaining about my turban/pronouns as well as the national debt, conveniently forgetting that the last two republican presidents expanded that debt to pay for needless wars and tax cuts on the rich. Meanwhile, I've spent four years advocating for repair -- roads, bridges, dams, and taxes. My name is [name] and I'll see you next year."

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Glumslinger posted:

People just getting elected to mayor and to state houses aren't going jump to presidential material in 3 years, they need time to work up the chain

Nah, they could probably manage it if they try really hard. I mean like REALLY hard though, so don't tell me I'm being unrealistic. :colbert:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingorc posted:

Well, the really young guy who won on gun control I'm pretty sure literally won't be old enough to be eligible lol

REALLY hard though.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Solkanar512 posted:

You would if folks bothered to pay any loving attention to the west coast.

I'm down for any plan that gets Diane Feinstein out of California, including this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ecureuilmatrix posted:

https://twitter.com/RoyMooresHorse/status/946461220688629760

I used to be Roy Moore :byewhore:
but now I'm :getin:
keep being a millstone to the GOP forever.

Yes please. :allears: Let Roy Moore hover behind the GOP forever at the senate, like a pedo cowboy version of Banquo's Ghost.

• Locked thread