Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ComradeCosmobot posted:

1 more legislature (they have 33) and they can call for a convention to propose a balanced budget amendment. Because that's exactly what "common sense" amendment they'll call for first.

Which then has to be ratified by the states*. A convention doesn't bypass the need for ratification, it only (...kinda) bypasses Congress.

Congress may or may not have to authorize the convention after a request is submitted by 34 states, it hasn't come up yet. :v:

* - Congress could hypothetically kick ratification to state conventions rather than state legislatures, which could potentially get extremely weird to the point that I have no idea what would happen. I rather suspect that neither does the GOP Congress, but we are in the Trump Timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ComradeCosmobot posted:

1 more legislature (they have 33) and they can call for a convention to propose a balanced budget amendment. Because that's exactly what "common sense" amendment they'll call for first.

Which has to be loving ratified by 75% of State Whatsits.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This morning I sat down at my republican co-worker's desk in DC and told him that it was stupid for us to go vote 45 minutes out in Fairfax county in the rain, what are the chances either candidate wins/loses by 1 vote? Then I said I was going to the gym at lunch, and drove down picked up my parents from Vienna and we all voted

:911:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I had a long talk with the printing press guy at New Echota one time. He printed me a huge copy of the Cherokee Phoenix that I still have. Park interpreters are great people who just want everyone else to be as excited about things as they are.

The Alamo medical dude will answer questions until everyone else in the conversation turns green and excuses themselves.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gort posted:

They don't say which place though

Jokes aside I think UT's strategy starts to approach ideal - pick out the people you're definitely honoring for other very good reasons, move the other statues to a consolidated out of the way location.

I HOPE UT settles on also emplacing explanations of why the monuments were garbage, but even without that it's basically an acceptable solution on most levels.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Labor office is closed.

We’ve done all we can.

I feel nothing.

May Kali elevate your friends or crush your enemies.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

B B posted:

I don't like this, but only because it presumes Democrats lose 2020. :smith:

President Duckworth's health takes an abrupt turn for the worse (:(), Acting President Kamala Harris decides not to run in 2024

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Quorum posted:

:siren: Gubernatorial Kegerator update: :siren: the Kegerator in the Virginia governor's mansion is staying where it is as a gift from T-Mac to future governors of the Commonwealth, but he's taking the monogrammed handle, so Northam will have to get his own. Gripping political stuff here, y'all.

Does he have to buy the monogrammed handle at fair market value from Virginia?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't know that there's any indication that Jones is any kind of bigot. I just have public policy positions to go off of here, but he's in favor of removing mandatory minimum sentencing, favors alternative sentencing, and directly raises racial disparities in criminal outcomes.

See this is good to know.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

POLLS CLOSED* THE END IS NIGH :black101:

axeil posted:

HERE

WE

GO

Mind_Taker posted:

Is this the GDT? Or the Trump thread?

The answer appears to be "both".

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

JONES 4.8, ENGAGE HOPE FOR THE NEXT THREE AND THREE QUARTERS MINUTES

AFTER WHICH ALL HOPE IS LOST FOREVER

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

illcendiary posted:

I dunno guys, that estimated margin keeps dropping. Was at 4.8%, now 4.1% and dropping.

not anymore :stare:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

SourKraut posted:

MSNBC shows it as 53-46 for Moore with 60% in... so why are people still hopeful? Honestly asking, not trolling.

shitload of urban areas not reported

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Barbe Rouge posted:

the NYT predicting his win killed any chance Jones had of getting elected
if he does win a toilet seat is gonna fall from space and kill him or something like that

doug jones can reap my soul any day

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nate, too, knows the glory of The Needle

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

praise be to the needle and black people

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Again, I need, need a live feed of the Moore party, immediately. Inject it into my eyes. NOW!

edit: Trumpthread delivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcJGM7htXr0

thank you so much

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

nrrr nrrr nrrr, cheer and to guide, nrr nrrr nrr

I wish the camera were pulled back a bit

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Theli posted:

lmbo at him checking the lyrics on his phone

came more prepared than the rest of the cast

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

hanales posted:

I know I haven't been to church in 25 years, but what are these loving hymns? Is this south evangelical specific or something?

And for the record they are musically very bad.

I sure haven't heard them and I'm an occasional, lovely, extremely EXTREMELY heretical Anglican

and yes, they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Despera posted:

DNC won a statewide election in ala-fuckingbama. You aint going to bring me down

in an off-off-year

• Locked thread