Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Northam has 0 votes. We're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Labor office is closed.

We’ve done all we can.

I feel nothing.

You did good.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What a loving douchebag that guy is. People are justly on edge and that's just cruel.

He built suspense for it too. What a jackass.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

axeil posted:

wanna hang this up in my room.

I call it a sea of love.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Y'ALL

This is my district and the neighboring one:

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/928107180741529600

The Republican (Gaines) in 117 was practically a shoo-in. He's from a prominent local family, raised a ton of money, and had the endorsement of our mayor. His signs were everywhere, and his connections in local & university politics (college town) were really significant. I think I saw two or three Gonzales signs, and that's it. This is nuts.

I'm in 119, and we all expected a run-off. There were three compelling Republicans and one Democrat (Wallace) who only even decided to run a few weeks ago. He still blew them all out of the water.

Looks like they failed to make gaines.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

PhazonLink posted:

and more stupid. He tried a pocket veto but it backfired. I think that was him.

Why is his state terrible/why did they elect him in the first place?(besides too many white people)

Vote splitting.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 8, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

mcmagic posted:

Vote in every election and for every democratic candidate down ballot. Period.

*As long as it's not David Clarke.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Party Plane Jones posted:

Somebody posted earlier in either this thread or the Trump thread that Hannity covered it.

For 6 seconds.

It was by the way [fakes smile] not a state Donald Trump won.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Cerebral Bore posted:

Ossoff performed slightly better than a dude who didn't even campaign in 2016. The only reason it was close was because the GOP candidate got far less votes than the guy who was running in 2016. So basically the dems blew a cool couple of tens of millions for nothing.

Even with all the money and publicity pumped into it, a special election is never going to match a presidential election in turnout.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Yeah if you ever read something that seems dumb or makes it harder to vote for no reason, that's because it's the intent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
So it's 50-50 for 50-50?

• Locked thread