Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bankok posted:

"In Tokyo Sports Takaaki Kidani said the #njusa shows were a huge success and he'd like to try a "touring style not later than March/April".

He added that the LA office will be opened within this year and the LA dojo will be opened at the beginning of 2018."

Oh poo poo. Crazy that they want to bring back the LA Dojo. I was there for a couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

no I think Rob did some training

Yeah I did training there. Looking back at the people there at that time was nuts too. My trainers were Rocky Romero, Nakamura, and Karl Anderson. The TM 61 dudes were training there at the time, even Balor was training there.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Doesn't Jim Ross get all annoyed when people kick out of superplexes and DDTs? Maybe he had trouble calling the match when his eyes were constantly rolling to the back of his head.

Barnett was burying poo poo all weekend too. I think the bucks just gave an interview saying they don't like his commentary because he clearly doesn't like certain styles of wrestling so he'll just sit there and bury it rather than try and put it over.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly I can forgive JR for his mistakes. Barnett was the worst part of the commentary. He just came off like an rear end in a top hat who kept burying talent. Why have a commentator who openly buries your talent.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

youre right, he should go to WWE

Agreed

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

This happened like a 5 minute walk from my house. It's very good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

The fact of the matter is is that they never looked into it.

Much link Long Beach was never a leg of the G-1 tournament.

However someone outside of New Japan keeps feeding Dave this info and he keeps publishing it.

To be fair though the Long Beach show was called the G1 special.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Thauros posted:

yeah but while fortunately those shows delivered it wasn't the the actual G1 as basically everyone orginally reported and rovert does deserve the credit for basically scooping that one

I guess my real point is. Does it matter?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

why are people so resistant to the idea that dave meltzer is wrong some times

We aren't it's just roverts weird insistence to point it out at every instance and then talk about how actually he was right. I don't care if Big Dave is wrong sometimes. It happens it's the nature of his job.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 13, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

This is the gayest, most anime thing I've ever seen and I've watched Gundam Wing.

That's why it's good. Anime, like wrestling is very good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I finally got around to watching power struggle and man I'm really excited for Naito vs Okada.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'd be down for a Sami vs Evil feud. I thought they worked really well together.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

While the dynamic of a hippie trying to rein in his scumbag edgelord cousin was fun for one entrance, I really don't want Sami Callihan to be a regular part of my NJPW experience.

Sami is awesome though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I mean as much poo poo as we give WWE. They are a global company. Not to mention that Jericho is a huge legend in wrestling. Why would they not know jericho in Japan.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

https://youtu.be/zeOksH74QvM

NJPW at the Pyramid in Long Beach in March.

Yeah I straight up can't wait. It's not within walking distance to my house like last time, but it's still like a 10 minute drive for me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I need that Donatello shirt so bad. It's not even funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

He uses a loving stick.

And he knocks people the gently caress out.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I've never liked Archer ever. He always just screamed jobber to me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

That match was not good at all.

Cody vs Okada was fantastic.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

It wouldn’t have even been a good match on a WWE show.

You're objectively wrong.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

tanahashi and switchblade arent in a top match

How so? It's a big title with an up and comer vs a legend. How is that not a top match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Tonfa posted:

It's likely to be the semi main so nominally it is a big match but the complete lack of build is making it feel cold. I don't know why they didn't get Jay for the December tours.

Did you not see him attack Tanahashi like a week ago?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Watched Tanahashi/Okada from WK10 today. I find myself constantly not invested in Tana, despite knowing he’s very good. Like, I watch him, he’s good, he’s safe, he holds up his end of everything, but I don’t see why he’s the Ace of the Universe and not the Mario character in every Mario game. Good at everything, great at nothing. Has getting fully invested in 2017, with Okada and Omega being as balls-crazy-good as they’ve been, just spoiling me? Am I never going to fall in love again because of G1?

Is mid-00’s Tana more interesting?

I mean. He's just a fantastic wrestler who is extremely over and a big star in Japan. I wouldn't say Cena is my favorite wrestler, but I know he is a great wrestler and he is a star. Like there really isn't much else there. You don't have to like his matches.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Maybe that’s the thing. He’s got the shine and polish. He’s good!

It’s stupid. What got me hooked on NJPW was Shibata/Ishii from WK10. Turns out I like brain damage?

Hey man nothing wrong with that. The thing that got me into Japanese wrestling many years ago was watching dudes like Kawada,Kobashi, and Misawa beat the poo poo out of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Chono Figure going to slap other less strong figures

https://twitter.com/MXF_official/status/944388809281568769

Holy poo poo yes. I'm so glad figma is finally doing some Japanese wrestling figures.

• Locked thread