Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ricochet was born in 1988

thus 88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

harperdc posted:

Yep, there's ways to read numbers in Japanese that correspond to some syllables. So 9-4-6-9 is Ku-shi-ro-ku, or Kushida Lock. Same as mentioned with Yoshi-Hashi, 4484 yo-shi-ha-shi. Some of this goes back a long time, and also the 80s/90s when people had pagers.

I guess that's why Evil's twitter handle is like a sting of 14 numbers

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

The Tag division has to be booked this way as some kind of an agreement with Satan.

Devil: You can be the greatest booker on the Earth, but you must book at least two IWGP Champions like poo poo.
Gedo: Sucker.

Gedo: I'll be lazy about that Jr Heavyweight title sometimes too

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
War Machine as far as I can tell are both really good dudes too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

apparently i am ricochet now

do a flip

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

That is about the best lineup reasonably possible, hope Atlantis can make it.

Only bummers are that Titan and Hechicero are off the tour this year. Lots of new faces though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Troxartas posted:

And if rovert was right, it's because Meltz spilled the beans too early. But things could of changed since then

what changed is someone clued them into to how much weed that riddle loves

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

watching the 10/21 Road to show (the Nagata one) and the 3rd tag match with Titan/Dragon Lee/Tiger Mask/Liger vs Taguchi/KUSHIDA/ACH/Kawato is loving ridiculous on paper but actually fuckin dope, worth a watch

has there been any storyline justification for why KUSHIDA is taking Kawato under his wing? I know he's there to take the pin but I'm still curious.

I kinda don't know what to expect from the tournament itself. KUSHIDA & Kawato are definitely going out round 1, but otherwise I dunno. Roppongi 3K just won the titles and could win the whole thing to look strong as hell, or maybe even lose against Taguchi & ACH in the final to get revenge?

I feel like Kawato is due for an excursion soon.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Should we expect Switchblade to debut on this show as well?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Official World Tag League entrants

Block A

Juice Robinson/Sami Callihan
SANADA/EVIL
Yuji Nagata/ Manabu Nakanishi
Yujiro/Hangman Page
TenCozy
Bad Luck Fale/Chase Owens
Minoru Suzuki/Takashi Iizuka
Hirooki Goto/YOSHI-HASHI

Block B

Killer Elite Squad
War Machine
Jeff Cobb/ Michael Elgin
Best Friends
Henare/ Togi Makabe
Toru Yano/Tomohiro Ishii
Guerrillas of Destiny
Katsuya Kitamura/David Finlay

Here's a stream of thoughts waking up to this:

Surprised that none of their big four are in the tournament this year.
It's good to see Henare back and Chucky T getting that NJPW pay.
Callihan looks so out of place. Finlay & Juice is a better team. Oka and Kitamura not tagging is a shame. Thought Fale and Tonga Leo were going to tag.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Young Lions Cup is continuing on the two Road to Tokyo Dome shows as well as the Lion's Gate show on Dec 21

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Keith Lee is tagging with Nagata against BUSHI and Naito at one of the RevPro shows. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised to hear talk of Keith Lee getting a NJPW run at some point next year.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 6, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dunno if njpw hosed up or what, but the RevPro shows with Ishii vs Lee and Suzuki vs Riddle are up and I'm able to watch them in the US with out having to wait like 5 weeks like normal

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Beretta and Chuckie T vs. G.o.D
Michael Elgin and Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano

They're up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Today’s tags were...okay I guess. The weird gym/hockey rink setting made it fun, but man was that crowd DEAD for the Best Friends.

Having way more fun with the Rev Pro shows they uploaded, and the free match of the week - Mutoh/Steiners vs Chono/Outsiders. Just a weird 1997 time capsule.

Yeah these single cam tour shows are almost always real weak crowd reaction wise & sometimes effort wise from the wrestlers. Cobb is doing well so far, but Chuck is obviously a fish out of water. He should either up his comedy or his heeling a bit more.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the crowd are hot for the legend tag matches but man are they actually real boring

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I wish they'd throw more teams together at other times of the year so we'd get less endless rematches.

I'm absolutely astounded that Evil and Sanada have never challenged or won the regular tag titles at all.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm really surprised the matches from yesterday haven't been uploaded yet

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The 24th matches are up. Check out Best Friends vs. War Machine if you want to see Chuck finally connect with the crowds (at least this one).

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cobb/Elgin vs. Best Friends was the match that Chuckie needed imo. What a good match, I think the crowd was more into it than the main event too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Simply "Good boy" - per Satoshi Kojima via a friend of mine.

he could get the chase owens spot in CHAOS

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Supposedly Taichi and Kanemaru tweeted that they are done in NJPW?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao well with the whole elgin breakdown/exposure going on twitter right now part of it involves Elgin saying he hates teaming with Cobb because he rather hang out with war machine than his sponsors & won't follow his lead in the tag matches. That and he claims he's is the 2nd biggest gaijin star in NJPW next to Omega and all other gaijins look to him for advice and Omega for advice.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

The part about being second biggest behind Omega is true.

He's not Juice Robinson, also in the real hierarchy the one gaijin you'd probably want to go for advice is Rocky

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
He says he's never had a bad match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

I was being serious but if he's hosed that up too....jesus.

yes, he was trying to get with the woman who he was victim blaming too if his dms are to be read right.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i see why they call him slex now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Okada cutting a semi decent english promo was neat to see. He doesn't have as thick of an accent as say NAkamura.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
fale pins bushi sets up him having a trios title match maybe.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

harperdc posted:

So wait we’re getting Goto vs Suzuki as a hair match at the Dome too?

Kami ni kire~

Hair vs. Title

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Why does anyone think Jericho will have a bad match at the dome?

his matches weren't setting the world on fire in his last couple wwe runs

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
tanahashi's not injured, its a power move to make sure he doesn't have to put Jay White over before the Dome match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tonfa posted:

Yeah ok I didn't, kept up with the tag league through recaps until the finals. Didn't see anyone mention it.

he hasn't been on any of the tag league shows.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Nakamura and AJ were booked on Wrestle Kingdom and New Years Dash two years ago as well, so...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tonfa posted:

Current roster members who have not succeeded in their IWPG Heavyweight title challenges:

8x- Hirooki Goto
6x- Minoru Suzuki
2x- Kenny Omega
1x- Bad Luck Fale, Cody, EVIL, Kota Ibushi, Michael Elgin, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Yujiro Takahashi

how many failed title shots does Makabe have

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Those will totally still be foodsafe after over seas shipping right?!?!?

who would want a Christmas cake after the 25th?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Zero chance, Fire Pro isn't licensing any official companies for a reason

The fire pro guys teased big surprising news in January so #AskQuestions

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

has he come back since KO powerbombed him off the stage?

that's MGK and yes, he was at Tribute to the Troops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what if njpw came to them

what if its just more mobile game junk

• Locked thread