Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Chris James 2 posted:

My boy EVIL going the distance. Give him the belt

#YearofEVIL
#EverythingIsEVIL

Wait, so is Kenny re-signing with NJPW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I wonder what the breakdown between English-speaking and Japanese diaspora fans will be.

Have NJPW ever tried to do a show in Hawaii? It seems like an easy win - a shorter plane ride for the guys and a huge Japanese-American population.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Yano is so good, that's the best comedy match I've seen in a long time.

"Count! Count! Count!"

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Bad Luck Fale.... you can go straight to hell

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

That Juice/EVIL match was amazing, Juice is getting so good at firing up crowds. I was freaking out for his comeback.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Y2J is going to Japan what the fuuuuuck

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Gaz-L posted:

Also couldn't you just say the most successful WK ever? I know the Dome shows predate the WK name, but it would be true, unless New Japan ran the place outside of January in the last decade?

The whole point is that NJPW is trying to climb back up to the glory days of the 90's Dome shows

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

sigmachiev posted:

Wonder if the strong advance will give them incentive to amp up the sizzle a little more. Entrances have been a little more low key the last couple years and especially compared to the batshit 2014 show (Devitt zombie demon, Marty Friedman playing out Tanahashi, the Nakamura poledancer entrance, etc.)

Naito killing Okada's dinosaur is the only thing that might get him booed at the Dome

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Pinwiz11 posted:

The dinosaur and sword...

...it's so beautiful... :supaburn:

I only saw it years later, but that entrance is what convinced me to give new Japan a try after D-Bry retired.

e: watching it again. I love that even though he has the robe, the sword, the giant belt, the DINOSAUR, he still has schlubby Gedo walking up behind him

Pinstripe Hourglass fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 14, 2017

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I already know this from his instagram but christ Tanahashi is the most photogenic wrestler alive

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Jeff Cobb looks like Strong Mad

https://twitter.com/LWMaine/status/938181544392478722

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I say this as a big Cody fan and I do believe he has a natural charisma but every time he is trying to do a Big Memorable Promo he very much comes off as a man playing a character trying to do a Big Memorable Promo, whereas Hard Times felt like something Dusty could have just been saying whenever he wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

MassRafTer posted:

It was, Hard Times wasn't a particularly notable promo at the time. He did those promos all the time.

I have no idea what Cody's appeal is, but he clearly has it so I can't really deny whatever it is.

As much as I think he comes across as trying too hard with this heel character he does look and carry himself like a Protagonist and I think that goes a long way towards drawing people's interest

• Locked thread