Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Is chaos a face faction, or at least a little more so than lij and bullet club? It kinda seemed that way outside of the team they had in the tag title match. Sorry, wk was the first njpw show I've seen in full I'm just trying to get my bearings right going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Chaos are the main face faction in NJPW, though some members can have edge depending on who they feud with (e.g. Will Ospreay and his potty mouth trying to dethrone KUSHIDA). The tag team match featured Toru Yano who is a beloved scamp for his cheating rather than being booed. Sort of like late era Eddie Guerrero.

Gotcha that makes sense. Yeah the only ones that didn't take much explaining for a complete newcomer that they were faces were tanahashi and kushida.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I saw a clip of Shibata kicking the living poo poo out of Okada and now I think I really have to watch Sakura Genesis.

shibata/okada ruled and, yeah, there's a lot of awesome kicks.

and shibata headbutting okada so hard he was literally bleeding on both ends of his skull.

get well shibata, you're my favorite wrestlemans

also i wasnt expecting the takahashi squash but i'll take it, takahashi rules.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Jesus.

please retire, shibata

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Another Person posted:

im sorry but im all about those unprotected hairshots hace. heroes are better when they are dead anyway.

i got an unprotected hairshot for ya

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

one winged angel is supposed to be instakill, yeah. which is good because otherwise its such a convoluted setup it'd be absurd to not be a super move.

I was lucky and kept myself from spoilers for Omega okada, tanahashi naito, and Takahashi kushida. my sweet sweet perfect boy ticking time bomb was unjustly robbed by the thug kushida. I totally thought okada was gonna beat the time limit on that last rainmaker too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the bucks definitely did the terminator thing at okada/omega I to cheer kenny on. and his pre-match video thing was basically a re-shoot of the opening scene of terminator.

i guess big match kenny is the terminator? i dunno, but his look for the okada matches is cool as hell, so sure run with it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Naito needs to come out in his big match suit, and than remove to reveal the jorts

what's Spanish for nevernude

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

sling wont accept my goddamn card for the trial and i cant find a stream of this thing to save my life

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

what happened to Daryl

who hurt him

who hurt my daryl

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The Assassination of Daryl Takahashi by the Coward Bad Luck Fale

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

watching 7/30 right now.

who is this megajacked young lion in the 6 man tag against bullet club, god drat

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the camera work during Kenny's v-trigger from the corner is seriously awesome. that 5 second clip on its own makes kenny look great. man i love when wrestling cameramen nail the cinematography

literally just remembered there's a g1 thread. sorry!

shiksa fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 31, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

tbf i wouldnt sell that young lion's crappy tombstone anyway its like hes laying you down and tucking you in for a nice nap

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

while im glad to see daryl and shibata are recovering well, i can only hope they stay away from danger. please do not let shibata do a headbutt and please do not let daryl get close to the bad man, the evil evil man fale

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

is juice known for his monster rear end in japan

must be lost in translation, the us commentary sadly never addresses it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

I want to see Bushi and Hiromu as Jr Tag Champions imo

i'd be into it. and you gotta do something to break evil out of the trios scene.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

its been like... two days since a g1.

i feel like im stranded in the desert

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

VJeff posted:

So I've heard Inoki and Inoki-ism mentioned a few times, wasn't Inoki like, this incredible figure in Japanese wrestling? Why are there negative connotations with him?

(and should I be asking this in the wrestling questions thread instead)

from what I understand (no expert over here) inoki, later in his management career wanted njpw stars to be accepted as real fighters so he had them trained in mma and made them wrestle that style and compete in shoot fights. the wrestlers obviously lost these fights en masse and the company became kind of a joke for trying to compete in "real sports".

that's why nagata is a big star with a tainted reputation, yeah he's a great wrestler, but he was in this point when inoki was trying to create puro wrestlers who could fight martial arts expert but couldn't, so he looked like a drat fool earlier in his career.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

imagine if WWE stuck with Brawl For All and tried to make it a long term thing

who would be more likely for iwgp champ, Bart Gunn or butterbean

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

I like Taichi.

i kinda like taichi too.

does njpw do untelevised house shows like wwe? or are the smaller capacity shows that always have a bunch of multi-man tag matches the equivalent of house shows there?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

at least tana was able to get that absurd braided masterpiece before he cut it off

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

is it hosed up that i don't mind cody just going by cody anymore?

i thought it was very dumb, but now i'm alright with it. maybe because he's portraying something so radically different from some of his wwe gimmicks or something but i'm alright with just cody now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the belly says baron corbin but the hair is off, weird.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

so did nagata just retire from doing the g1 I guess?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Yes? That was always what they were saying.

word. I zone out on commentary sometimes. the send-off made it seem more final I dunno.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

watching the 9/10 show today. holy poo poo leo tonga is like, significantly taller than fale i wasn't expecting that. big kid.

bushi looks rad as hell in this entrance

shiksa fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 11, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i kinda wish el desperado didn't lose the full mask, i mean i fully understand WHY he did but the full mask just looks so cool. rest of the look is top notch though.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

I love puns and Delorean Driver is a great pun.

the painted face looks badass too though, and when he ripped off the mask the full painted face looked cool. I'd have no complaints about him wrestling like that.

yeah i posted that before the match started, i really enjoyed that bit though.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

when my brother was in town I watched the show with the taguchi japan/Suzuki gun match and he was really into taguchi.

he's right.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Really get the feeling Osprey is gonna beat Kushida and we get Will/Hiromu at the dome

that would be cool as hell.

im finishing up destruction at kobe and i just realized i LOVE okada's music now. i used to really dislike it, and i wasn't really into okada, and i thought the music was a little much, like, calm down moneyfucker. now it gets me so hyped when i hear it. okada is one guy who i didn't have a great initial reaction to when i first watched njpw but man he really is the best.

kenny's selling makes me worry about kenny man he's good at that. also gotta love juice's "what, what am i supposed to do?" shrugs when he's working on kenny's knee.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 26, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

omg juice is dead. rip juice. holy poo poo the suplex.

a super one winged angel are you kidding me jesus christ!

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 26, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

every time i go on njpw world naito's picture in the kopw promo picture cracks me up.

also congrats to daryl and carol may they have a beautiful fale-less life together.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

ricochet's debut as the newest member of titus worldwide, the stable for incredibly talented guys who will be completely wasted, will be very exciting.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

so are these guys gonna start getting their own outfits/characters/etc. after the young lion cup? or does management just cross that bridge when it comes with whatever guy at whatever time?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

im just watching random stuff from mr lariato's njpw spreadsheet and man, golden lovers was such a good tag team.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

naito reaching back to tag in sanada was great. naito's so freaking cool.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

GOD are really really bad promos, I wouldn't have expected that from how funny their trash talk is in the ring. KES were decent but what the gently caress is wrong with Davey's fashion sense?

baron corbin syndrome

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

yeah man got me an LIJ shirt

~~naitoooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i've been busy so i couldnt watch the first tag league show until now.

japan loves jeff cobb, and hell, so do i. man that big doing a standing moonsault, uhhh, hell yes.

• Locked thread