Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im very sad matt riddle smokes too much weed to do this tour with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

KungFu Grip posted:

The 24th matches are up. Check out Best Friends vs. War Machine if you want to see Chuck finally connect with the crowds (at least this one).

the crowd seemed pretty into chuck in their second match

it's not an easy gimmick to get into off the bat, to be fair

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I mean as much poo poo as we give WWE. They are a global company. Not to mention that Jericho is a huge legend in wrestling. Why would they not know jericho in Japan.

yeah it's not like triple h is going over there to have the worst match of Kenny omegas career

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

hot topic takes surprisingly long to deliver, but hey here it is. i was worried about getting a large online because i've got plenty of large t-shirts with tiny baby shoulders that ride up on me like crazy but this is perfect.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

VJeff posted:

Doesn't he have to defend those stupid trios belts.

oh, yeah, that sucks. :geno:

free my rainbow vampire boy from these accursed belts

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

its funny to me that every picture njpw has of david finlay is clearly at least a year and a half out of date.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's probably just me. Elgin is just a dude who hasn't clicked with me for whatever reason. I like his matches but he's low on my list of big dudes who pick people up. Jeff Cobb should just do more NJPW and replace Elgin.

yeah i felt the same, kinda. elgin's good, yeah, for sure, but i was never looking at a card and thinking "oh hell yeah mike elgin's on here" it was more like he just came standard with njpw programming. jeff cobb is instantly fun to watch though.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

my favorite recurring theme of the character of juice robinson is that juice is horny for japanese women

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Johnny Landmine posted:

Juice is Charisma Man, gaining superpowers from being around Japanese women who don't know he's CJ Parker

to be fair American women don't know he's cj Parker either

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

new japan c-shows are my favorite thing to watch before i have to go to work in the afternoon, so i personally cannot wait.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

even in japanese, suzukis promos remind me of samoa joe a lot. is that weird?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

alright, so new japan jericho is goin hard, i'm with it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Why does anyone think Jericho will have a bad match at the dome?

because he old, disregarding that jericho's latest wwe run was great.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

I feel like I already know the answer to this but the rumble doesn't have, like, any point or reward to the winner, right?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

man I can barely believe that jado can open a door when the winds kicking up

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Thauros posted:

NJPW hardly does singles matches on Road to shows any time of the year anyway and are rare in the company outside of tournaments and title matches. Even on major ppvs like Sakura Genesis and King of Pro Wrestling the bottom half of the card is gonna be multiman matches.

i think the g1 tricks a lot of people into expecting booking more like raw on the lower production shows.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh, wow okay sho and yoh with okada is a hell of a team

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/942782596013998080

uhhhh, whats up, new tana haircut

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The Cameo posted:

Pro Wrestler goes to the doctor's office. Says "doctor, I am depressed. I can't work; I got water in the knee and my bicep is shot. Feels like I am being stalked by a switchblade everywhere I go. What do you suggest?"
Doctor says, "Treatment is simple; the great Tanahashi is in town tonight. Go and see him sling blade. See him high fly flow. Should pick you up."
The man bursts into tears. "But doctor, I am Tanahashi."

What I'm saying is that is some motherfucking clown hair

lmao

also im watching the dec 18 show, please someone with the ability make a gif of the sunburst coming out of the young lion's rear end in a top hat at the end of the 2nd match

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

christmas miho abe is adorable. masked horse is amazing. this rules.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

jay white is really fluid, i like the way he moves. poor little orphan annie tanahashi didnt stand a chance

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

"forget the year party" is absolutely a better term for it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

Where's Chuckie T... :smith:
War Machine teaming with Elgin... :smith:

I mean, there's not much room left on the card for everyone else so at least this gets more people on the card but...

god, i know, replace yano with chuck and elgin with cobb and id be actually loving this.

yano will be fun, yeah, but... best friends in the dome.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

VJeff posted:

Hey that bit where Naito does Destino is sick as hell qtiyd

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Cody is also extremely handsome which goes far.

yeah he got none of his dad's looks. bleached his hair recently though.

for real though i think cody is extremely charismatic in the right role, and the whole american nightmare thing was the right role for him. Cody's got a great sneering, cocky charisma that he's using to it's fullest extent. he'd be aimless like ryback or jack swagger without it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Kojima: Shut Up And Eat Bread Gaiden: But Not Right Before Bed Let's All Eat Bread In The Morning

Satoshi kojima stars in baking papa, a brand new njpw licensed game for the Nintendo wii

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

ugh now I kinda want that to be real because I want kojima to knead dough with his neverending chops

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvukCR_sQA

hey everyone lets listen to katsuyori shibata's theme music, a good song for a good wrestler who did too many very real headbutts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

naitoooooooooooooo

• Locked thread