Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That was really good. Wouldn't be surprised if Shibata wins the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Those last two matches were so good. Main event blew everything else out of the water though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wonder how the higher ups in WWE and NJPW feel if they see this poo poo and realise Kota would rather be doing this than working for them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He's wrestling on all the second round cards, so we could end up seeing him on Sunday.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

handsome only face posted:

juice will beat bad luck fale in the finals and then join suzuki-gun and beat okada ichiban

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

The very large young lion will debut on one of the NJ Cup shows teaming with Oka against GOD.

NJPW World has put this up as a free match for anyone interested in seeing this guy in action.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fale/Yano is up. The wrist tape spot is pretty great.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

The final second round match of Ishii/SANADA is now uploaded on njpwworld.com!

it's really good if anyone hasn't been watching the second round matches. Sanada is a future star for sure.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

EVIL is such a hit with the ladies. It's amazing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shibata winning is cool and all, but the real story is that they're clearly building to a Juice Robinson vs. Tetsuya Naito match and that's amazing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Makabe's absence was shorter than I expected too. He only missed the New Japan Cup.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Notable things Goto has done in multimans since winning the title

1. Got pinned by Juice
2. Got pinned by ZSJ

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

Indifferent. He was probably already pissed off with Delirious for loving over ACH, and they were going to host shows of their own in the US this year without ROH, so yeah, it doesn't particularly matter to them unless they can scoop up talent that definitely wouldn't be pushed by the WWE like Cheeseburger, ACH, Castle, Daniels, the Bucks, hopefully the Broken Hardys, and so on.

I thought Jeff wasn't allowed into Japan or is it just the UK?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

hype for IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega winning in the US

Same but IWGP Intercontinental Champion Juice Robinson.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The English version of the cup final is labelled as 3/19 because that's the date it aired in the US with timezones and stuff.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They announced at Walemania that the Long Beach shows are going to be proper big events with all the titles on the line so if you're on the fence about getting tickets tomorrow...

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Glad to see Hiromu has been studying Goldberg matches.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The only problem I had with the English commentary, is that when Bad Luck Fale left by a separate exit to Omega, as a tease for him going off on his own to challenge Okada, Kelly and Callis claimed he was going after Yano, despite him still being in the ring.

Also, the Juice is loving loose! I kind of expected that match to headline the Tosa(?) show at the end of the month, but based on that reaction it deserves to at least be on Wrestling Dontaku.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 10, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jack Anderson posted:

How's Shibata? Last I heard he was in the hospital.

he had successful surgery for a subdural hematoma according to NJPW's website

which according to Google is bleeding between the brain and the covering of the brain.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why is Cody wrestling Finlay at Wrestling Dontaku?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Man they really need to add some new blood to the Jr. Tag division.

maybe Taguchi and KUSHIDA can challenge for it to give KUSHIDA something to do while Hiromu beats everyone else.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sigmachiev posted:

Assuming Kenny wins, I could see him going against Tanahashi. Send in the living legend to get the belt back on the champ's home turf kind of story.

He's from Winnipeg, you idiot!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shibata/Okada got 5 stars btw, bringing Okada's average for the year down to 5.0625.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm kinda surprised btw, since I heard Dave has taken points off for headbutts in the past and this one had a headbutt that sent Shibata to the emergency room?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thrifting Day! posted:

Is it possible to get this delivered to the uk from the NJ site? It's not on PWTees or the NJPW Europe store and I need it in my life.

http://www.tenso.com/en/static/lp_shop_index

Never used them but they're linked to on the NJPW store

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

doubtful. I believe he's an office guy for NJPW alongside his jobberly duties.

they took him off the roster page, so I think he's done in ring at least

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

from NJPW's official facebook

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why would they do an unprotected chairshot to the head after one of their top guys is possibly gone forever for bleeding inside his skull?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

If they took precautions, their fans would find them boring.

I don't know, there's a difference between something like Hiromu doing crazy poo poo that can't really be replicated in a safe way and stuff like headbutts and chair shots that can easily be done in a safe way. Would people really have liked Shibata/Okada less if he did a worked headbutt or Suzuki/Goto less if Desperado hit Goto in the back instead of the head?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

highlight of the show

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

The never trios titles should be defended in every show including throw away mid tour house shows.

Tanahashi would be a 20 time champion by the end of the year.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Food Court Druid posted:

This won't surprise anyone, but Omega/Ishii was really good.

I also loved monster heel Bad Luck Fale talking about helping underpriveleged kids in his promo video.

I'm so glad our hero, spoilt rich kid Okada was able to foil Fale's insidious plot to inspire troubled kids.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

No it can't, it's perfect.

what about if instead of having laser pointers on one hand, he had laser pointers on two hands?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thrifting Day! posted:

Not this year, for sure. But I have a feeling they are going to push him faster and stronger than any other young lion before.

He's fairly old compared to the rest of the young lions. He's 31 so that might make his push faster too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

his scythe can be bigger and also they should make it light up

One, EVIL needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever EVIL's not on screen, all the other wrestlers should be asking "Where's EVIL"?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I believe in SANADA and I also believe in EVIL, I hope those two dudes become top guys in NJPW. It's so great that Naito has two excellent dudes like that as his buddies.

I have no objection to Bushi also being in the company :geno:

I love BUSHI because there's something so unlikable about him without it being that he's terrible like Taichi. He's like the weird annoying kid at school who is inexplicably friends with the cool kids and uses that status to be extra lovely. His theme music is great too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

i kind of want to get my los ingobernables hat signed by naito, sanada, bushi, and evil at the roh show next week but it'd literally be $20 per signature and i'm just not sure bushi has done enough to earn my 20 bucks

I don't think I could bring myself to ask for the other four signatures but not his with him sitting there. I'm not saying I'd want his signature, just that I would feel cruel not asking for it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hiromu is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/861408124653252610

• Locked thread