Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan posted:

What was the big debut Dave

the angles were billy gunn squaring off with katsuya kitamura and the latter refusing to back down, dragon lee interfering in the elgin/kushi/LIJ tag to take out hiromu, and suzuki-gun killing everyone. assuming kanemaru has appeared in new japan previously then no debuts technically

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

juice is getting pushed

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

<-suzuki-gun--LIJ--bullet club--CHAOS--GBH--new japan main force->

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i have no issue with any of the WK booking except maybe having naito bow to tana lol. omega looked like a million bucks and they protected his finish and im hungrier for his win now. over-simplified but okada doesn't become the ace by losing when hes supposed to lose

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

harperdc posted:

I could understand BC being on the slide a bit but I didn't realize LIJ are considered bigger heels than they are.

Also NJPW main force is all the faces not in groups (Tanahashi, Liger and Tiger, KUSHIDA, TenKoji, etc).

my rationale is LIJ does vicious things like neck chairshots or targeting elgin's eye whereas bullet club basically does hijinx to try to steal wins, and dresses up as the ghostbusters or the terminator. naito is a cool heel but kenny is like barelllly a heel at all

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait forgot one

<-bullet club hunters--suzuki-gun--LIJ--bullet club--CHAOS--GBH--new japan main force->

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Aren't GBH in Chaos?

no chaos splintered off gbh when they all turned against makabe

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

five public sports. keijo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want the tempura boyz vs oi4k

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Solus posted:

I'm meeting Bad Luck Fale tomorrow. If I wanted to ask one question for a scoop, what question would it be?

whats the name of yujiro's girl with the red ponytail

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ganbatte

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope kidani murders the mcmahons in cold blood

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fart blood posted:

I watched that New Years Dash show. I liked it but two complaints (I'll spoiler it in case no one has seen it):

1) I really hated the finish to Elgin/Kushida v Naito/Takahashi because it annoys me when champions get pinned in non title matches. (It's probably also because I'm a huge Tetsuya Naito mark)

2) not sure why LIJ already lost the belts

Other than that it was fun.

they have champions lose in tags/multimans all the time to set up future challengers, they did the same thing with goto. you should differentiate tag losses from singles losses

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Do not even ask posted:

Watched WK11 in its entirety. Agree that the last 3 matches were great to amazing but I wasn't feeling the Jr Heavyweight match at all. Felt it was sloppy and dangerous which took me out of most of the match. Am I missing something here?

sloppy and dangerous works for some matches, like basically all hiromu matches, or any charlotte vs sasha match

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it seems probable that theyre going to give him the IC belt and let him main event shows with that like nakamura and then save a naito/okada program for a dome

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/818955945375985665

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MrJacobCohen on twitter went to like every wrestling show in the country over I think 16 days and it ran him like ~3500 so really a week is more reasonable than I expected presuming you can find a good flight

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nagata

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I thought Kelly/Barnett was mentioned but who knows if that works if Barnett is working TNA lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh man i have to watch the show now if announcer mauling iizuka is back

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there are like 12 njpw world subscribers so if they made a ps4 app and it got on 4 million dashboards that would probably be like quintuple the exposure theyre currently getting

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how are they not bRINGIGN CHEESEBURGER OVERKJef;aslkfjhs;ldkjf

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also lio rush would have been good like 60% of those guys have been on njpw tours in the last year already

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats okada's pay

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pwtees

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pwhoodies

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tiger mask w getting the belt and kenny challenging him for it seems inevitable for sometime this year, what with w getting a non-title shot and being in the new japan cup and kenny essentially saying he was returning to new japan to work an angle with ibushi

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a year, supposedly, if we are taking him at his word that he was ever a free agent in the first place

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'd rather see Cody than Cole tbh

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nothing just readin some posts hbu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Kanemaru is a freelancer

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah he's like 100 years old he was just a nostalgia booking

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zack is a pure and noble boy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i thought the main was really a fun spectacle

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's basically already been received as a face for a while and now he's getting the face go-home promos at the end of shows

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

adam cole i hope

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

iunno

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you do Tanahashi vs. Shibata (G1 Climax 24) and Ospreay vs Ricochet (BotSJ) without entrances that's prob 45 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

send zack to midbreath

• Locked thread