Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Always great to see Rey, glad he could make it to the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Really want Suzuki/Omega after Suzuki/Okada

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fantasticamania http://cmll.com/?p=81341

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My boy EVIL going the distance. Give him the belt

#YearofEVIL
#EverythingIsEVIL

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

I thought current champions weren't supposed to compete in the NJ Cup, since the entire point is you can challenge for whatever belt you want when you win

There's a reason Suzuki isn't on the poster :getin:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats on seeing Suzuki!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 13, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And TNA Superstar Josh Barnett

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's 2017 and Don West and Don Callis are back in wrestling

Are we sure TNA rebranded and didn't just start over on a loop

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kidani

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://sports.vice.com/ca/article/kenny-omegas-journey-from-canadian-junior-hockey-goalie-to-wrestling-superstar

Great article. Also reveals Okada's pay ($2.2 mil)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 5, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apologies for the error

Baron Corbyn posted:

Huh, $2.2 million is WWE main eventer pay and would put him level with pretty much all the top guys there bar Cena and Lesnar if Forbes can be trusted. He'd be 6th in WWE for earnings between Rollins and The Big Dog.

Yeah, it makes sense why he's still firmly in New Japan with how much he's paid. I doubt WWE would go that far for him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque11 posted:

War Machine gets a big win over the tag champs and Adam Cole is starting a new angle with Kenny Omega. So about these rumors of them leaving for WWE? LOL!

lol @ you ducking the Rov

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Japanese news is reporting he is still paralyzed from the neck down. Horrible situation

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I believe you'll find that the GOP is anything but an enemy to Jerusalem.

:vince:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yessssssssss

I'm probably the only EVIL mark on the planet at this point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

I usually believe Rovert but ZSJ is just too small to be a HW.

With the three belts around his waist, yeah I can absolutely believe he steps on the scale at heavy weight levels

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.njpw1972.com/g1special/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My boy EVIL gonna win it all

🎵Everything is eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllll🎵

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't think he's winning, but him winning makes it far likelier in my opinion that Omega wins the belt this summer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goto hell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

hype for IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega winning in the US

Same

Imagine if it's against Shibata :swoon:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris Charlton posted:

Honma had successful surgery, has begun rehabbing by lifting his knees.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goodbye yoshi tatsu

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pls stop the headbutts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If he ever comes back, that's the #1 thing he needs to never loving do again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

holy hell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fight Network posted:

The latest on Katsuyori Shibata is that he still doesn’t have full feeling on the right side of his body stemming from the skull-on-skull head butt during his match with Kazuchika Okada on April 9th. Shibata is scheduled for another surgery on May 2nd where portions of his skull will be reinserted, which was removed during the initial procedure right after the match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Honma underwent surgery on March 27th and he is now able to walk on his own but said that his right hand still has difficulty moving. Honma is adamant on returning to the ring and said he needs to have a goal to work towards. He would like to return to the ring in fall or the World Tag League at the latest. He also added that he has lost 11 kilograms (24 pounds) during his time in the hospital.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also was the runner up in the tournament Shibata won to be contender

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ishii turning on Okada would be good but you have to think the hottest turn New Japan could do would be to have an Ingobernables who isn't Bushi turn on Naito

Please don't make EVIL GOOD

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Fale = Kane, basically.

Kane got title runs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bullet Club C-team would destroy the Bollywood Boyz

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jubs posted:

Not having the rematch in Long Beach is a monumental mistake.

I disagree

The pop from the same crowd that saw Kenny come close will be worth it when he pulls through and hits One Winged Angel, and the first non-Brock gaijin champ getting to defend the belt at the US G1 Special will be huge

And if none of it happens and Okada just retains it'll be funny as poo poo, without the risk of immediately pissing off the new US crowd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jubs posted:

:rolleyes:

So Dave thinks it's possible that Makabe or Kojima will challenge Kenny in Long Beach. If that's the case, they are completely clueless and have no chance in succeeding here.

lol

Like I get that if Kenny goes in as champ he has to retain there, but maybe make it slightly not so obvious

Also I'm finally giving up hope of ever seeing Suzuki/Kenny for a world title :negative:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says ZSJ will be in the G1

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shibata had another surgery May 2. Shibata before:

translated from his blog posted:

It is a miracle to live now. I had my skull removed in my last surgery. I have another surgery at 2017.5.2, and I will return. Everyday, using pain stopper 3 to 4 times, I endure the pain. I can hardly see the right eye right now. Currently, the hearing ability of the right ear is not normal and the sound is broken and heard.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/QaraKoyunlu/status/860482999829135362

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AXS finalized broadcast plans for the Long Beach shows, official announcement being made May 18

• Locked thread