Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Venomous posted:

ZSJ for sure. Maybe Kushida if he loses at Dominion (he won't). Would love to see Matt Riddle this year too. Otherwise, idk. Kento?

I'm guessing that the country of Japan has preemptively banned Matt Riddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

Also KUSHIDA/Ospreay got 5 stars

Upside — it was an amazing match that deserves the accolade

Downside —how in insufferable will Will Ospreay be now that he's got a full fiver?

Edit: apparently he got one for a six man last year, but I feel like the one-on-one will matter more to him.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 8, 2017

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Cody has yet to have even a decent match in New Japan and the crowds don't give a gently caress about him.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

SalTheBard posted:

That was one of the first Kenny Omega matches I ever watched and I loved that move so much. It was so stupid but the way the commentators described it, it made so much sense. "He shaves his arms a few days before a match so that it's stubbly during the match!"

Don't believe a thing Matt Striker said on that show. He made up an entire story about the Nakamura/Ibushi match that had no basis in reality. Anybody saying that Callis (who is actually quite good) is worse than Striker is full of poo poo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Helicity posted:

Cody has always been boring to me no matter the promotion. I kind of don't want to watch him anymore.

My hope is that the Long Beach main is Okada Immediately hits a dropkick and then just starts spamming Rainmakers until Kenny walks out and throws in the towel to the protest of no one.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Spikeguy posted:

Do Japanese wrestlers get more time to recover or do they just have shorter careers?

No and no

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dave trolling with stars is great.

Glad that tag match got some recognition because it was the best junior tag in awhile.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

We need to discuss something lost in the shuffle after so many great Dominion matches — YOSHI-HASHI is going to wreck Suzuki, restore CHAOS's honor, and finally get a belt.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Gedo is giving us the rightful CWC finals!

Naito should coast easily into the final of his block. Picking who he beats out of Block B is tough as hell though. It will likely be Omega to run back the semi from last year, but it could easily be Elgin.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

It's lost in the block announcement shuffle but the main event from this morning was drat good and YOSHI-HASHI is quite the fan favorite now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I knew I loved Okada but now my feelings have transcended love. Can't wait for him to debut the Animal Style Rainmaker and actually decapitate someone.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave also rightly called the Ishii/ZSJ the best rope break spot of the year and it's so drat true.

I don't think I've ever bit so hard on a rope break tease. I was certain that Ishii would struggle but just get too tangled to escape.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I think Okada has to hold that belt until Kenny takes it. The way I see it, Omega finally beats him in the last night of B Block, tying them up and forcing a rubber match once Okada is done defending at WK. I don't know the timing of the east coast show, but I'd do it there if they are serious about the expansion.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Good thing Okada is the true ace now because this poo poo is unacceptable.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Twitters sleuthers found that the text is from a book entitled American Star so it is clearly CM Punk.

For real though, even though the title wouldn't match, I hope it is Jay White. He's been on excursion for awhile and he's ready. He also looks like a serial killer right now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

shiksa posted:

watching the 9/10 show today. holy poo poo leo tonga is like, significantly taller than fale i wasn't expecting that. big kid.

bushi looks rad as hell in this entrance

Bushi doesn't do much in the ring for me, but his attire game is so strong. Maybe the best in wrestling right now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Super No Vacancy posted:

taguchi is also the 'coach' of his team

There's a lot of good poo poo happening in NJPW right now but Taguchi Japan and Funky Future specifically are really working for me.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Ricochet, Tanahashi, and Taguchi are the only ones with numbers that aren't their names represented numerically. Same reason YOSHI-HASHI's gear has 4484 and Ishii's has 151.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

VJeff posted:

Sadly I think they gave it to him here because this is as close as he's gettin'.

You'll be eating crow when the Never trios match is preceded by EVIL riding an ice dragon to the ring with BUSHI lounging on the tail and painting his nails.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I know that Switchblade will probably be Sami Callihan, but until I see his dumb rear end saunter out at Power Struggle, I'm going to continue believing that it will be Jay White.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

No Monster Rage, no buys. Massive failing for a company poised to make huge moves on the world stage.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

While the dynamic of a hippie trying to rein in his scumbag edgelord cousin was fun for one entrance, I really don't want Sami Callihan to be a regular part of my NJPW experience.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I Before E posted:

Future WWE star The rear end Man Ryusuke Taguchi

Don't even joke about NJPW losing their top stable.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Pinwiz11 posted:

What are the rules of there's a tie score at the end of the block? Is it the winning team in their head-to-head match?

What if it's a three-way tie, which could technically happen in Block B? (I expect one draw on Saturday at a minimum.)

The correct answer for a three way tie where each team has a win over another team in the tie is that Gedo would never do that.

Unrelatedly, the AXS press release is all about Omega/Jericho so Naito is once again having his Dome thunder stolen.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

SalTheBard posted:

When do you think they will announce the none title matches at WK?

Based on the number of titles in New Japan, here is your announcement:

New Japan Rumble

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The build to Jericho/Omega has been so good and I think it hints at how they plan to have a great match despite Jericho slowing a step. They can't have an insane, neck bumping athletic spectacle so they will have a wild, southern blood feud brawl.

I agree that all of BC should be taken out by other matches or personal conflicts to keep things 100% personal. Sho and Yoh should wash the Bucks because R3K should rightly wreck any team in the division.

Plus, any match with a Liontamer is a good match.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

checksin posted:

does taguchi japan actually count as a faction now

They just dropped the dopest windbreaker so yes. Also, the joy of Taguchi Japan is that the only requirement to be a member is to accept amazing coaching.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I just have to say I am really impressed with how the New Japan Engliah channel is filling up with so much content. I'm amazed they're subbing long press conferences and things like Wonderland. Does anyone know who they have doing the actual subject? The quality of the subs are really high quality, so I wonder if it's an outside firm vs a company employee given extra work.

It's Rocky Romero with a set of apple headphones and a notepad.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Naito is absolutely winning because Okada spent the last year being very untranquilo and destroying himself to keep his title. Meanwhile, our boy Tetsuya has transcended the silly concept of fancy belts and kept himself calm and rested for the biggest match of his career.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The GTR is cool but the reverse GTR into the GTR is one of the deadliest looking finishers this side of a Steiner Screwdriver. When he hit it for the first time on Shibata at the dome, I became :stonk: in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What happened with ACH in NJPW? Seems like he hasn't been around in a while.

Super 69 made it to the finals of the Super Jr tag tourney, which was the last time he would have had a spot for the year. Excuse of how being a junior works. I imagine he'll be back for BOSJ, if not sooner if R3K needs some challengers.

• Locked thread