Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Watching the Road to the Airport currently.

I love Strong Boy, even though he's probably made of drugs, but man alive, Nakanishi is Not Good. Nagata sells for him like a pro, but wow. How's a guy that big so unconvincing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The good wrestles are back to save us all.

The one place where American current events can't touch me.

Praise be.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The main event was really good. The Hiromu/Dragon Lee Forever War is my favorite thing, and the glee with which they destroy each other brings me joy.

Also, Titan’s Corner lariat where he slips through the ropes to the floor is the most goofy thing.

Just a glorious exhibition of luchadors doing a NJPW main event tag. Cancel the tournament and just make these two teams fight in both semis, and the final, and they both win.

Also Kawato’s Ascension is a delight and I’m sitting here like “gently caress me, he could end up better than Okada.” I couldn’t remember which Young Lion was which at first and I named him Milhouse. And now he’s my favorite guy. Go Milhouse.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Yesterday was a bit of a nothing card, and I think a lot of that comes from back to back Suzuki gun tags as a card topper.

Is there a reason everyone keeps riffing on Nakamura?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Super No Vacancy posted:

he thinks that he might be. we'll get the official word when they show the on-screen match card for the first show of the tour and we can see if he has the (CHAOS) label

There are thirteen members of CHAOS that I can think of, including Chuck. I care about like four of them.

There are five members of LIJ, and I love them all.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Is the Young Lions show worth a watch?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I’m not sure Sami fits in NJPW. He’s very...not the house style? But he worked the crowd like his life was on the line, and who knows? Maybe it’ll work.

Tag League hopefully perks up some. The first half of the show was hot trash I thought.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Today’s tags were...okay I guess. The weird gym/hockey rink setting made it fun, but man was that crowd DEAD for the Best Friends.

Having way more fun with the Rev Pro shows they uploaded, and the free match of the week - Mutoh/Steiners vs Chono/Outsiders. Just a weird 1997 time capsule.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Could Nakanishi ever move? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone less mobile. Maybe 90’s Giant Baba?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Kitamura being the third largest guy in a match is unsettling. I also appreciate Lance Archer’s unending mission to spit water every wrestling fan in Japan, one by one. Dude needs a Tokyo Dome entrance with a Camelbak and a Foy system so he can get the folks in the nosebleeds

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I’ve completely fallen off the tag League due to work - am I better off following a team or two? Or should I just seek out the the good handful?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Watched Tanahashi/Okada from WK10 today. I find myself constantly not invested in Tana, despite knowing he’s very good. Like, I watch him, he’s good, he’s safe, he holds up his end of everything, but I don’t see why he’s the Ace of the Universe and not the Mario character in every Mario game. Good at everything, great at nothing. Has getting fully invested in 2017, with Okada and Omega being as balls-crazy-good as they’ve been, just spoiling me? Am I never going to fall in love again because of G1?

Is mid-00’s Tana more interesting?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Maybe that’s the thing. He’s got the shine and polish. He’s good!

It’s stupid. What got me hooked on NJPW was Shibata/Ishii from WK10. Turns out I like brain damage?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

I enjoy the metacommentary that is Naito constantly giving NJPW poo poo for what he'd do better. I enjoy him greatly and hope he either wins or goes Broadway.

Another day off, so I went back to Dominion 2015, just to see what I don't know compared to right now. If that card is a good sample of everything top to bottom, I have to say the lower-midcard is in WAY better shape now in comparison to 2015. Also, I now understand and appreciate Hirooki Goto. That match against Nakamura was delightful.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
People who don't like Goto: are you basing this on just this past year? Because I was utterly flat on him until I saw him vs Nakamura at Dominion 2015. The man just needs a reason to exist besides being like sixth on the totem pole of a fifty-man stable.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

coconono posted:

Yeah, G-1 made Juice. There was that video package that they put together for him that pretty much sold me on the guy, but seeing him literally fight through some of those matches was incredible.

I mean both Naito, Okada and Omega all had command performance runs through the gauntlet but Juice was the one that got me most excited.

I need to find the interview where he was in the midst of his increasingly despairing interviews where he started to analyze and doubt the tactical worth of his own finisher, which is something I'd never really seen before. "It takes too long, guys. Gotta hook 'em, and I can get punched! And then I spin him around, and my whole back is vulnerable! It's got so many problems...but when I hit it, it's so effective!"

My buddy and I straight up marked out when he finally got a pin. He sold it so perfectly. HOOOOOOOOOOLY poo poo.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Suzuki loses and has to go back to his all white WK9 look.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Super No Vacancy posted:

taguchi listed the taguchi japan members on twitter and included cheeseburger and dragon lee but not ACH which is upsetting imho

To be fair, I think half the world is in Taguchi Japan. I think I might be in Taguchi Japan.

:c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
So the game is just a loop of his Mega Man X-rear end theme music while you stroll around your living room?

I mean I do that for free

• Locked thread