Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

i want that to be real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ricochet is a true talent but i am imagining neville vs kushida

realgm accepts trade

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/D_TaPla/status/918924199430832128

okada as rey <3

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gif Probst posted:

the iwgp heavyweight championship has not changed hands at wrestlekingdom since 2011 when satoshi kojima dropped it to hiroshi tanahashi. i could see okada straight up retaining but at the same time...who's left to challenge him?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gif Probst posted:

kazuchika okada is the best wrestler in the history of professional wrestling.
i take no real issue with this statement

cams
Mar 28, 2003

okada is not my favorite wrestler, but i think he is flawless in the literal sense of the word. i only started watching in the late 90s and njpw 5ish years ago, but if he retired tomorrow i'd have no problem entertaining the idea that he is already the best wrestler of my generation.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thauros posted:

gently caress i was on board until this. If Jericho would be available in March, which I'm assuming due to the cruise it would make far more sense to reverse them imo. Ibushi's a big draw in Tokyo and Jericho would def draw in the "casual hardcore" types in this country
capacity at the walter pyramid in long beach is 4500, the first two night event was 2300 per night. i would bet they could have kenny omega wrestle yano in the main event and still sell out 4500. having a larger american audience wanting to tune in to their biggest show of the year and possibly even subscribe to the network to do so is a huuuuge opportunity.

also as someone who will 100% be going to the next long beach show, the possibility of seeing omega/ibushi live is making me insanely excited.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thauros posted:

They could've sold out 4500 last year no probelm, but the crowd was heavily fly-ins (I was one myself) and many of those people will be going to mania weekend/SCOH instead.
but why, they might miss omega vs ibushi

edit: also i am psure i am not gonna enjoy omega vs jericho. a lot of the work is gonna be on omega's shoulders, but jericho is a clever guy and can probably figure out some way to go out there and put on a match worthy of the later card of wrestle kingdom.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

"This match will probably be really good but I am pretty sure I won't enjoy it."
i think it could be a pretty good match while ending up one of omega's worst matches of 2018. i just, personally, would have liked to see omega put on a true moty contender at wrestle kingdom again.

but kenny omega vs chris jericho is a monster event and the opportunity is waaaay too good for njpw not to do it at wk12.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Benne posted:

The subtitled promos are a godsend, I hope they keep doing that
it really is one of the last pieces needed for me to fully engage with the storylines and such. even if we are getting subtitled promos/post match stuff after the fact, still love to have it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

do i want to take friday the 5th off for new years dash
for me, wrestlekingdom is the one i REALLY want to stay up for to see live, but new years dash really does set up the year nicely. i was bummed i missed the return of suzuki-gun this year.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

okay well would it be paid time off? how many days do you get? will it just have reset with the new year? if not, how much would you make that day, what are your monthly expenses, how much do you have in savings and do you have any outside sources of income?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this makes it even more perfect

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/941636130901856256

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i recommend a full rack of ribs and some benadryl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cody's heel character is amazing.