Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Solus posted:

Who's everyones favourite New Japan Dad? I really like Satoshi Kojima and have a soft spot for Manabu Nakanishi

Suzuki, but that's because my dad would kick me in the face every time I held a door open for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Taichi perplexes me. How can such a terrible wrestler have such a great gimmick?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I want a gif of Hattori eyeballing the camera.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Suplex Liberace posted:

What did Cody say?

I think I heard "gently caress The Revival"

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

gently caress that was brutal.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Please win Kenny I swear I'll buy another t-shirt if you do :ohdear:

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Aaaaa the edge of my seat is wearing out

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

This has been going for over 45 minutes in case you're wondering

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

This was my only problem with giving their first match six stars. Now you have something way better, so how do you rate that without going to seven?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Oh my god. Is this... is this what people who got to see Flair vs Steamboat felt, but every day?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Great match, great thread. I think I'm going to go watch the sun rise.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

VJeff posted:

This, but Kenny instead.

Other than the obvious G1 stuff, his old pre-cleaner match with Devitt is good. I might be in the minority, but I really liked his match with Alex Shelley too.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i feel more confident about knowing new japan stuff as I'm still watching more and getting caught up with the G1, but I feel like I need some help understanding Yoshi Hashi. All I've seen involving him was tag matches on the big show prelims, and his NEVER title shot against Suzuki, so I still feel like I've just not seen enough of him to really get his character.

He has (had?) LOOSE EXPLOSION on the back of his tights. That's it. That's his character.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

gif Probst posted:

Im at a nine inch nails show and have seen at least 9 bullet club shirts

I was at an art museum last weekend and saw a girl in a BC shirt. It really isn't an uncommon thing these days.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

It might only be because of the hair and the kicks, but I get a big Kota Ibushi vibe when I watch Kawato wrestle. Similarly, Kitamura reminds of that guy from Desolation Jones who has to eat whole cows to survive.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Just in case the horse racing video is something new to anyone, you should totally watch the Japan World Cup videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQIH5KyUjI

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Look at it as a way of freeing EVIL up for a better belt. :unsmith:

But really, this does give the island boyz something decent to do other than tag matches with Kenny or warm-ups with Chase Owens.

Edit to avoid double posting: God drat Naito is living in Okada's head, rent-free.

Double edit: RENT. FREE. Okada kept that cobra clutch on poor sweet Hiromu as a message.

Mr. Swoon fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Dec 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I'm rewatching the New Year Dash tag match with Omega/Styles vs YOSHI-HASHI/Nakamura. Kenny is so much bigger than YOSHI, even before he put on extra muscle. It really shows how dumb and arbitrary the jr division is.

If the Bucks win at Wrestle Kingdom, I hope the jr tag belts get dissolved.

• Locked thread