Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ohtani's hosed before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick wouldn't do that poo poo. Nate might. He doesn't give a gently caress. Nick wants to see the money first. Nate is going to school so he can look at the money proper.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

The bad wrestling T-shirts thread got archived but Juice's new T-shirt needs to be seen

STOCK THIS poo poo HOTTOPIC

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hiromu/Fale. Daryl must be avenged

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like to pretend YOSHI HASHI is illiterate because his gimmick makes much more sense that way. He's the big idiot you've covered for your entire life cuz he's a nice guy and means well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

I've never watched a match and thought "man, this guy could work so much better if he had a different haircut" so I don't really give a poo poo

some of us grew attached to the gay space pirate look.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i hope he is going undercover as, "man getting surgery to fix his arm"

I think he's the serial masturbator protagonist for some anime adaption. Cowboy Beatoff or something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NOAH died because of Ms Misawa's involvement with the Yakuza. Getting publically outed is a death kiss in business.

They were well on track to establishing new aces but when the company went under AJPW picked up some and got wrapped up in that whole fiasco.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VJeff posted:

Wait are they doing three triple threats with the same guys for the tag titles? :stare:

more than likely KES is going to kill someone on the first show. But if they don't, they have a few more tries.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Minoru Suzuki heads to the US so he can bully Ken Shamrock some more. And maybe work a Ring of Fascism show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

A Ring of What now?

Has Jim Cornette come back to Ring Of Honor?

ROH is Sinclair, and Sinclair is trying desperately to become State Media by locking down local news markets so they're ideologically compatible with Trump's strongman policies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenny Angel posted:

I think a lot of why I can't get as into Suzuki as a character as I'd like to is that I fundamentally can't respect a guy who chooses to hang out with Taichi on purpose

The combo of TAKA and Taichi is best kept in front of you. Devious motherfuckers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

Yeah, but, a match with Taichi lasts maybe 10 minutes. Being allied with him means you have to hang out with him the entire 3- to 5-hour show.

someone's gotta fetch the beer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dromal phrenia posted:

I finally finished the G1 last night so now I can look at this thread again.

It's honestly insane that I paid 9.99 to watch all that good wrestling. I don't know how the rest of you kept up with it, 3+ hours for days in a row is insane. But all of it was good, a lot of it was great, and I'm very happy with the winner :grin:

I have a bunch of NJPW questions but I can't remember them right now. Should I ask ITT or in the wrestling questions thread? I don't know how many Japanese wrestling fans keep up with the questions thread.

Do yourself a favor and watch all the old Inoki matches. It gives you a feel for the roots of Japanese Strong Style and also the genesis of MMA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Have New Japan ever had women's matches, even as one off attractions? I know the gender divide is even more pronounced in Japan than in western wrestling, but curious as to if it's ever even been tried.

I think Chyna and Maria K. have been the only women to ever compete in NJPW. The women valets are a new thing too.

AJPW has been doing women's matches as part their Indie Sleaze Expansion Effort.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spermgod posted:

those are offer matches so it's kind of a different thing

Semantics imo. They're still getting checks off of AJPW's totally not zaibatsu payroll.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dromal phrenia posted:

It's really fun to hate Taichi. NJPW has a lot of 'cool heels' that its hard to hate even if its fun to boo their cheating. Even though Suzuki-gun is the most heel faction of all, people have a ton of respect for MiSu and he's quite the badass, and Zack Sabre Jr. is always going to get polite clapping for his submission transitions... but Taichi is just a complete rear end in a top hat and I hate him and want to see his face get punched.

Steals masks, wears other people's entrance coats, rips off his pants, hits people with a stupid rear end microphone stand, sings a crappy entrance song, and that's all in addition to having the most punchable face. Bad Luck Fale brutally assaulting Daryl might be the most dastardly heel move in recent memory, but I still hate Taichi more.

Taichi also has Miho Abe(did I get the name right?) hanging off of him which makes me want to punch him even more. He should be hanging off of her.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

I like Taichi.

I like him too but I like screaming obscenities at him even more.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Tanahashi is a Kamen Rider now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sleep with the vicious posted:

FYI for new viewers, the tag league sucks so don't get excited

NJPW traditionally uses tag matches as a vehicle to sell singles matches so their tag divisions have been pretty meh. The introduction of War Machine, KES, GOD have rounded that out. We actually have cohesive tag teams instead of "welp Tana's injured but still wants to work, who's gonna eat the fall to keep him over" tag teams.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grande Tonga
Pico Tonga
El Tonga
Tonga Tonga
Tonga
Tangy Tonga

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jericho sucks and looks like a recently divorced single mom tryin to land a new man. Adam Cole is handsome again now that he got his skull cysts drained.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd love to see an EVIL Tokyo Dome entrance but I don't think he could do 45 minutes, much less a Meltzer popper.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Delirious and Joe Koff frequently fall off the same wagon together.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

For those of you that care, I found Tanahashi’s appearance in a Kamen Rider movie. He’s a gun wielding geneticist.

http://www.jatoku.com/kamen-rider-heisei-generations-dr-pac-man-vs-ex-aid-ghost-with-legend-riders-english-subbed/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Still trying to figure how Jericho's WWE obligations are letting him do this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I figured he was under some kind of "do whatever you want, just don't go wrestle somewhere else" deal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm not a fan of Kelly and Callis though a lot of that is because my roommate and my girlfriend have started watching NJPW with me and neither of them would really consider themselves wrestling fans or smarks. I cringe a lot when I listen to them through the ears of a casual fan and they make Yujiro's entrances even more of a turn off.

Japanese commentary is far superior. its like opera.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Can anyone tell me about this please?

code:

Error
code:0
I can watch NJPW world on my phone - but on my desktop I get that error.

Are you running chromeOS or some type of restricted browser? It’s all html5 so you’ve probably got weird browser settings or a conflicting browser plugin.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dragon Rojo Jr courting death each time with his fireworks gun is by far the best entrance ever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

St Evan Echoes posted:

Anyone ever notice how EVIL has the same ring gear as Billie Kay?

that's pretty evil.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I really like the pairing of Sami and Juice.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Kitamura being the third largest guy in a match is unsettling. I also appreciate Lance Archer’s unending mission to spit water every wrestling fan in Japan, one by one. Dude needs a Tokyo Dome entrance with a Camelbak and a Foy system so he can get the folks in the nosebleeds

I like how KES had sorta match ring gear at one point and Lance has continued to get more batshit gimmicky with his stuff.

And its important that Kitamura is that big. Get bigger Kitamura. Get Huge. Attain your destiny.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jeff Cobb is too dang powerful

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Strawberry Panda posted:

Any matches I should seek out?

The best way to watch round robin tournaments imo is to pick a team from each block you really like and watch their matches. like I'm all about Death Juice and KES this one so I'm gonna follow their matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

are there even 20000 people in japan that give a gently caress about Chris Jericho?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not that big of a jericho fan, sadly. He's obnoxious on his podcast, his band stinks and all his cool moves were done by joshis in the 90s.

That being said, I really look forward to him going 45+ against the Six Snowflake Omega.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

make EVIL like Bray Wyatt except he wins lots of belts.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Naito should be Michelangelo.

And gently caress that old grandma lookin Makabe. he gets no turtle action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i bet its strong man

Strong Man coming back from whatever crazy PED adventures he's been on is always a good thing. Get Strong!

• Locked thread