Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dominion looks extremely cool and good, too bad I'm on vacation and lol at the roaming charges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just rust posted:

There should more competition for the Openweight title amongst the juniors, I think, if we want the "Openweight" part to mean anything. It's mostly been the "tough guys with headbutts and slapping (more than normal)" division, though.
its a good division brent

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seeing all the matchups shows off how stacked the A block is, god drat :stare:

Also catching up on this thread after Dominion and I think I'm the only person who preferred Naito/Tanahashi to the Kushida match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I was extremely not happy about Naito losing and I still preferred it!!!!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Honestly I can forgive JR for his mistakes. Barnett was the worst part of the commentary. He just came off like an rear end in a top hat who kept burying talent. Why have a commentator who openly buries your talent.
youre right, he should go to WWE

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Why would anyone not just use a Chromecast and the NJPW app?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

As we all know all tvs come with chrome installed.

I assume he means cast from Chrome (on your computing device) to the Chromecast

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rip Daryl

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm also planning to go to WK this January, as part of a 2-3 week vacation. It's for our 10 year anniversary so idk how much wrestling I can drag the other half to, but I'd like to take in at least one smaller show. Thanks for the write-ups dudes :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Someone please stop Shibata, because Shibata's brain won't stop Shibata.
it will, eventually

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

did we have this many 'wheres EVIL at?' questions during best of the super juniors

I ask that every time EVIL isn't on screen

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Honma's voice legit brings back bad memories of KOTOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsprwPMkvXA

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

Can I get an estimate on what time is Omega/Okada gonna air EST?

Oh gently caress, there's a G1 thread should I have asked this there. :ohdear:
Show starts at 5:30, I would expect the main event to start about 2-2.5 hours into the show

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm in London for work all week, flying home on Friday and it turns out Naito and LIJ are working an ROH show on Friday night 😭😭😭

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ishii was my MVP because the dude is so loving consistent

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quote:

Also returning was Hiromu Takahashi’s stuffed cat Darryl, who came out with one of his legs all taped up to sell the injury when Fale tore him limb from limb.
i love Dave so much sometimes :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Artelier posted:

My friend's been showing me NJPW matches and so many are great, but I have to ask. Does the DVD guy who RVDs himself and shrugs have a single legal attack? What's his finisher? He's hilarious

I mean Okada and Omega and Naito and others are obviously amazing but that guy (Yano I think?) was such a great change of pace.
hes basically Eddie Guerrero except better in every way

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Suzuki match was great because Suzuki could have just beaten him in 1 minute but he was undone by his own Suzuki-gun bullshit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Was it Tama v Sanada where they both threw a kick, both caught the other's leg, and then had protracted negotiations over how to both let go? That spot killed me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Why do they make the briefcase holder defend it?

Gives them some stakes for the next 4-5 months

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Probably the same reason people hang out with Yujiro

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Is Taichi a bad wrestler on purpose to get extra heat, because that's some pro heeling if so

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Kenny vs YOSHI-HASHI for his next US Title defense. Hell yeah.

Will that be at KoPW yeah?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

finally some like minded wrestle fans

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

If NJPW lose Ricochet and get Neville then NJPW have come out on top there imho.
Wonder how Zayn will react to his heel turn inevitably getting botched :pray:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I really hope it’s Ishii getting a shot at Suzuki but it probably isn’t :sigh:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

And the current fiscal year is very possibly gonna do even better since they’re putting Naito in the main event slot, right?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kawato is absolutely fantastic so yes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Anyone ever notice how EVIL has the same ring gear as Billie Kay?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Is Kota going to be doing anything more interesting at the dome than a prelim as TMW?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like Cody and think that’ll be really good :shobon:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

also hw tag match probably

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’ll be funny when all the filthy casuals leave after the Jericho match and Naito’s glorious coronation happens in front of a quarter-full stadium

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Also works really good matches

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

imagine posting on the something awful forums and not being the kind of nerd who liked Donatello the best just get the gently caress out

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Whiny bitch

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Bucks are undoubtedly bigger stars outside of NJPW but Elgin is positioned as a bigger deal in New Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I don’t think juice has had a match as good as either of Mike’s G1 matches with Okada or Omega

• Locked thread