Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

EugeneJ posted:

How are ticket sales for Long Beach doing?

The_Rob posted:

Aren't they totally sold out?

Thrifting Day! posted:

They sold out immediately from memory. At least within 24 hours.

First run sold out quickly. People who didn't get tickets moaned. NJPW sold a 2nd round of tickets. People who didn't get tickets moaned.

Edit: Looking forward to Saturday, I got tickets for that day.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I'm a Habit man, myself.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Turns out I got not bad seats for 30 bucks a pop.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I met Ron Funches tonight leaving the venue. He's cool as hell.

Good show tonight! Shame I'm not going tomorrow but looking forward to the broadcast.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Still a great moment. The recording barely registers how the house reacted. It was wild being there.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Has anyone reported ticket sales/crowd attendance for both nights?

It's a small venue that only took up one of the major halls in the convention center and all the seats were filled from what I could tell on Saturday until people starting standing up at the walls for better views. I can't imagine it was any different for Sunday.

The one thing that my friend noted when he tried to get food was that they were out of hot dog buns and were supposedly not able to sell the cooked hot dogs they already had? :confused:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Benne posted:

So we're all voting Daryl as Best Non-Wrestler this year, right?

Maybe, but I was going to consider the IWGP IC belt for Naito's abuse of it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

hahahahahahahahaha

EDIT so my post isn't basically just an emptyquote

PWTees claims to be "the official US distributor for New Japan Pro Wrestling", is there any truth to that? I want LIJ stuff but I don't want to pay for some fake knockoff stuff when NJPW deserves my hard-earned money.

Yes they are. Especially if you want shirts in not Japanese sizes.

Edit: Also, as far as I know, Hot Topic is only stocking Bullet Club shirts and those are ProWrestlingTees merch (peep the tag).

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 9, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Regarding shirt size, can confirm Japanese sizes are smaller by one size. So if you normally fit a Large, Japanese XL will fit you fine. I spoke to the merch people at the G1 Special show and they confirmed it. Unfortunately since I'm a fat piece of poo poo smark, I'm limited to PWT shirts.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

dsriggs posted:

Who the hell paid 10bux for :daryl: ??

Don't question it. Accept it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Back to shirt talk real quick. NJPW announced that PWT's offerings will be expanded in Hot Topic retail locations. Los Ingobernables del Japon and NJPW Lion Mark tees will be added soon.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I apologize for my words and deeds.

https://twitter.com/digitaldiatribe/status/887125728239669248

(Edit: Yes, it was spelled wrong on purpose)

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

I signed up for NJPW world finally is there a good way to get notifications to my phone of when the next event is like a google calendar or something? I'm on the east coast IN AMERICA

Uh, just know that you will be charged again on the first of the month next week.

• Locked thread