Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Has anyone ordered shirts from http://champion-shop.jp ? There are a couple of of Yuji Nagata shirts I want there but I'm not sure how reliable they are ordering from the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I haven't followed NJPW in a year. What does this mean/reference? Is NJPW touring the US?!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Use these guys as an intermediary https://www.whiterabbitexpress.com/

I used them to buy a DDT shirt from Toudokan and it worked out well

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thauros posted:

NJPW has a show termed a "G1 Special" in Long Beach in July. No one seems to know exactly what it is but unfortunately what it isn't is a real G1 tournament show. If you mean what they did a year ago he means the Jan 4 raid when Nakamura, Styles, Anderson, and Gallows all gave notice that they were leaving the company.

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of the raid and why they feel annoyed - just wasn't sure what the response to that was. Thanks for the info!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love Minoru and TAKA. When did they show up?? I really fell off of following NJPW after last year's WK.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really want to go next year. What's the process for buying tickets for non-Japanese speakers/readers and the cost of tickets themselves like?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It might also be more affordable to Airbnb something, plus I've seen listings where people offer guide services to help you around the city. Thanks for all the info so far!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

harperdc posted:

[Ed] yeah I'm gonna have to put together some kind of "Tokyo/Japan travel for wrestling geeks" post huh.

Yeeeesssss please!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Solus posted:

Who's everyones favourite New Japan Dad? I really like Satoshi Kojima and have a soft spot for Manabu Nakanishi

Nagata 100%. Still trying real hard to get my hands on an Anti-Aging Hero t-shirt so I can support him like a good son.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CYRUS THE VIRUS

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I remember very little of Cyrus as a commentator but really loved him as a manager when I was in high school. Always got love for Cyrus.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there any plan for NJPW World integration with Apple TV? I know I can chromecast it, but I'm much more likely to use an app/service if it's just on my TV rather than having to cast it from another device.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God drat, Cyrus did not age well. I hope he didn't have a virus after all :ohdear:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We're starting to think seriously about going to WK12 this year and would love any advice/feedback from goons who have gone in the past. Best way to buy tickets, best places to stay (thinking an Airbnb with a guide, potentially?), places to check out during the trip and, of course, any extra wrestling junk to do/see.

It may be a bit too early to really start planning but wanted to put it out there!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanks so much for the feedback and advice! I'm gonna be saving that all and looking back at it repeatedly over the next few months as I psych myself up to actually do the trip.

I remember last year or the year before there was a livestream of someone exploring the city and they were in some insane wrestling store with old programs, records, etc. It sounds like one the places mentioned above (Toudoukan) and I will definitely want to hit that place up.

You're all great! If multiple goons are going, it'd be fun to meet up.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 31, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Two takeaways from that video - does the Jr Tag division ever change? I was super into NJPW around WK9 and it seems like it's always The Young Bucks and Rocky. They must be like 400-time champions at this point.

Also, NJPW had a ladder match with Elgin?? What and when was that? In the time I watched NJPW there were like... zero gimmick matches whatsoever. Was that their first ladder match ever?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there any doubt that they do Omega/Okada again at WK? The Cody match seems like a way to kill time between now and January. Maybe squeeze in an Omega/Cody match, too, after Cody gets ousted from BC.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I tend to tune out commentary most of the time but nothing on the G1 Special seemed *really* horrible to me. It wasn't great and I don't think the commentary heightened anything at any point, but it wasn't like listening to Josh Matthews and Elijah Burke or something.

I will say I really enjoyed Cyrus the last time I heard him, but I still ultimately prefer the Japanese commentators even though I don't have a drat clue as to what they're saying. They're excitement is infectious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Troxartas posted:

Yeah they're American sizes on Gildan brand tees for the most part, also won't have the njpw tag on the inside

Ugh, Gildan is the worst. What are the Japanese shirts straight from NJPW like? I've read they size small for Americans, so if you wear a medium regularly you should order a large.

• Locked thread