Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

so i had a dream last night about Imp zone (not worthy in of itself of posting, I usually have 2-3 Imp Zone dreams a night, usually on Fridays and Saturday nights when Im up alone at night reading it in bed, but this dream was p. special)

and basically what it was about was we all brainstormed a meme game and we were able to finally buy a manmade island out in the ocean named GameStopia where we lived like pimps and kings for decades. Im talking Purple Silk Sheets saints row Penthouse style.

So, lets make it a reality and make some apps that will bring in cash heres my idea:

its called 'Epic Memes For Relateable Teens' basically we just take a bunch of stupid lovely memes and dump them into a videogame and hope a bunch of dumb rear end teens and manchuldren see the memes and but it. I mean gently caress if it worked for Gearbox and Blizzard poo poo will work for us too. Im more of an ideas guy not too good at coding so well need some programmers while I source memes for the game.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

roguelike elements - you pick a character from a basic list of meme guys like dat boi and pepe (maybe Pepe is the villain? come back to this), and when you level up you pick from one of 2,970 different perks . each one can have a little "lore" description explaining meme history to kids to get them talking about our game oin the playground, e.g. "i was sneaking through harambe's enclosure as Slenderman and when I leveled up I learned shoop da whoop, this lazor beam from the 90's". hopefully this game makes enough that i can be euthanized

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno op, sometimes when I'm browsing the zone I sing the space jam theme song but I replace the words 'space jam" with "imp zone" so maybe we could work that in

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Premium meme dlc characters. That is all.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Premium meme dlc characters. That is all.

memeium

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

roguelike elements - you pick a character from a basic list of meme guys like dat boi and pepe (maybe Pepe is the villain? come back to this), and when you level up you pick from one of 2,970 different perks . each one can have a little "lore" description explaining meme history to kids to get them talking about our game oin the playground, e.g. "i was sneaking through harambe's enclosure as Slenderman and when I leveled up I learned shoop da whoop, this lazor beam from the 90's". hopefully this game makes enough that i can be euthanized

That's Isaac actually.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

there definitely has to be collectable lore files for every meme known to mankind.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

so i had a dream last night about Imp zone (not worthy in of itself of posting, I usually have 2-3 Imp Zone dreams a night, usually on Fridays and Saturday nights when Im up alone at night reading it in bed, but this dream was p. special)

and basically what it was about was we all brainstormed a meme game and we were able to finally buy a manmade island out in the ocean named GameStopia where we lived like pimps and kings for decades. Im talking Purple Silk Sheets saints row Penthouse style.

So, lets make it a reality and make some apps that will bring in cash heres my idea:

its called 'Epic Memes For Relateable Teens' basically we just take a bunch of stupid lovely memes and dump them into a videogame and hope a bunch of dumb rear end teens and manchuldren see the memes and but it. I mean gently caress if it worked for Gearbox and Blizzard poo poo will work for us too. Im more of an ideas guy not too good at coding so well need some programmers while I source memes for the game.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

its a beautiful vision. ill try an dwork on some idea$$

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

there definitely has to be collectable lore files for every meme known to mankind.

The Memédex

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

We can have special group donation tiers in the Kickstarter to include website-specific memes. E.g, reddit can band together to include a sexy kid, and SomethingAwful can band together to include one also

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Sir K presents Prostitute Farm 2017 DLC Expansion Pack

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Take off every goon, for great justice! :cheers:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Working on the intro now OP

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Working on the intro now OP

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

I dunno op, sometimes when I'm browsing the zone I sing the space jam theme song but I replace the words 'space jam" with "imp zone" so maybe we could work that in

same but space balls

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

barnacle jim has a long face

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
a preorder shirt that says "I'll make the website"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

barnacle jim has a long face

A final boss battle like Kefka but with way more stages

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Streaming integration, except with Twitter instead of Twitch and high speed memes instead of video.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Procedurally. Generated. Memes.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Absolute Virtue of the Imp Zone game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

lmao

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hyper realistic memes.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Vince Mcmahon is constantly communicating with you via video comms like in metal gear solid, really impressed with your progress

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Why do we need an island? Any country is Imp Zones right. We will move in, have 7-8 games while most people are playing two at most, then we will take four-five consoles with 7-8 games each, and pretty soon, their children will be posting in the imp zone, their daughters will be wearing headsets

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

one of the memes included in the game... is the game itself

memecursion

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a hidden irony meter like the sanity meter in eternal darkness and when it fills up your character has a chance of transforming into niggerstomper58

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

a preorder shirt that says "I'll make the website"

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A reverse meme recruitment hack.

• Locked thread