Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

https://us.norton.com/core posted:

For purchases made at Norton.com, after you receive your first year complimentary subscription to Norton Core Security Plus, you will automatically be renewed each year for an annual term where you’ll be billed 9.99 USD (plus applicable taxes) per month. The price is subject to change and we’ll notify you in advance.

The subscription is an integral part of the security of the router.

looking forward to 2018, the year of iot security appliance botnets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

laffo he couldn't beat the game himself and made an unlocker

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

i'm guessing it'd be infeasible to do this to a file containing hashed passwords

hey, a novel way of finding out if services hash their passwords

bonus points if it end up on Virustotal

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

ate all the Oreos posted:

well yeah but i thought there might have been some component of "look at my beautiful $6k Monster cable it must be making stuff sound better it's so expensive and heavy!" but i guess placebo and self-deception will work regardless of the delivery mechanism

yeah, but having it look expensive and exclusive is definitely a big part of it. imagine the rich warm sound of a gold plated oxygen free DRM dongle.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Truga posted:

clementine is a fork of the previously best music player amarok1.4 and runs on any desktop os. it has plugins for google drive and spotify and whatnot (but not google music, because google really sucks a lot about an api for that for some reason)

sorry, i'll stop posting about bad music players now

wait, there's a version of amarok that doesn't require all that kde crap? holy poo poo

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

surebet posted:

i'm looking forward to the first report of a droidcar plowing into a building trying to catch a pokemans or videos of drivers getting arrested after playing flappy birds at highway speeds

just wait until someone makes an augmented reality game for cars. please tell me you can use the car controls as app input

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

your car controls now go through ubisofts servers

• Locked thread