Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i saw the thread was closed and thought, 'haha what have those secfuck boys gotten themselves into now'

p. disappointing. i expect better on this quality forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

flakeloaf posted:

Twist ties take longer to open than tsa locks and they're cheaper to replace when they're inevitably cut off anyway

that's a real good idea actually

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

flakeloaf posted:

MCDONALD'S!

have it your way- citizen

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

i don't think that's unreasonable seeing as they're getting a warrant

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lol @ thinking that will give them anything resembling worthwhile information though

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

EndlessRagdoll posted:

use duck duck go if you're committing wire fraud

or at least a proxy lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

so uh i guess now's a good time to get myself a vpn, huh?

any recommendations?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

what gave you this idea

congress just repealed the fcc regulation saying isps can't track & sell your activity

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

flakeloaf posted:

you mean this one

yeah so i may as well get a vpn because that's not going anywhere

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

fishmech posted:

did you think you needed a vpn before about 2010 or so?

not since a few years ago but i've been procrastinating

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

i guess i'm just gonna roll my own vps and install openVPN then

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

i don't know!! that's why i'm asking you guys :mad:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Rufus Ping posted:

okay if you're careful otherwise check out algo

this looks cool but why don't they like openVPN?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

cool now i'm reading internet debates on strongSwan vs. openVPN i'm gonna be learning a lot over the next few days i guess

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

fair enough. cool now i have a project for this weekend :D

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Thanks. I did have a weird thing where I somehow had two Amazon accounts on the same email address. They just had two different passwords :stare:

So I could log in with my email address using one password, and see a bunch of purchases. And the using same exact email address but with a different password I'd see a completely different set of purchases. I guess it depended on whichever password I decided to use that day. I only figured it out because I'd randomly see that my amazon prime was gone and it was because I used a different password lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

james comey: bad at opsec

and the fake name he uses for both instagram is the name of the guy he wrote his senior thesis on

and he uses his twitter account to like stories that are related to his job

hahahahaha

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

pr0zac posted:

get permanently deleted emails restored

so uh how in the poo poo do you have to be to make this happen because #1 "permanently deleted' lol and #2 google has like no real customer support how the gently caress did they talk them into pulling a tape backup for a podcast?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

pr0zac posted:

<3

am actually interested what turns out to be the problem

after responding last night lying in bed i was thinking about the recent broadcom wifi chip vuln and some of the known cellular network attacks and started getting really :tinfoil: about it and had to then remind MYSELF that i and no one that postso n this forum is important enough to burn that level of 0days on so that i could actually get to sleep

thats just what they want you to think

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Powaqoatse posted:

yea the latter i guess

e: well 15k is outside my lol budget

also security clearances aren't something you can just 'get'

there has to be an immediate and specific need in the federal gov't for you to get the clearance. usually a specific project that needs to be staffed.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

so I noticed a weird icon in sleep cycle when going to bed last night and after a quick google search:

https://support.sleepcycle.com/hc/en-us/articles/207392375-What-does-the-link-symbol-on-my-night-screen-mean-?mobile_site=true

quote:

What does the link symbol on my night screen mean?

Carl Johan Hederoth 07/08/2016
If both you and your partner use Sleep Cycle with the microphone as the motion detector, the two installations will automatically link both phones to each other over Wi-Fi and the name of the other device is shown on the night screen.
Using this link-technology we can detect where in bed a sound originates with an accuracy of 30 cm (1 feet).

The link feature is for those who share room or bed.
It won't affect you in any way if you're not in the same room.
If you don't want it to link up, turn off WiFi on your device.

HMMM HOW COULD THIS POSSIBLY GO WRONG??

for what it's worth I'm at a hotel. my phone has been broadcasting a recording of my sleep to strangers for who knows how long. great job

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:woof:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

this prompted me to double-check spark's EULA and they're still legit so thanks, uber & unroll

• Locked thread