Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

quote:

We're waiting on a response from Blue Coat. They were made aware of TLS 1.3 several months ago, but evidently did not test their software per our instructions.

lol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ultramiraculous posted:

i swear i've read more teen vogue articles in the last ~12 months than i did during the entirety of my closeted teenage years

all seriousness aside teen vogue is a pretty legit journalistic outlet

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Volmarias posted:

Well, that's easy to solve, just have one of them click on a phishing email and all of their emails will be encrypted.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Powaqoatse posted:

welcome to da trust z0ne

place is a madhouse
roms are bein cloned

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

using a flagship product actually called sep11

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

anthonypants posted:

symantec endpoint protection 11

it's like a hip hop yakkety sax anti-virus system

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

why does a television need a microphone jesus christ

MCDONALD'S!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Suspicious posted:

when i was a computer janitoring childe i quickly found out that arbitrary password complexity requirements coupled with frequent required password changes only led to passwords.doc in the root directory of everyone's network drives

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

what would the other alexa say if i asked it which alexa was the one that told the truth

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i just like having passwords follow me from one computer to the next, because when you're using 4 different machines plus a phone, eventually they're gonna disagree on which browser has the right set of passwords and that's annoying

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

endlessmonotony posted:

If your glucose monitor fails in those conditions it's not legal to begin with.

Implementing such a law would probably be easiest done by adding an extra tax and then allowing companies to claim back that tax after a certain period of patching known flaws.

that would lead to deliberately coding IN the flaws so they could make a show of patching them back OUT again, the way china does with getting credits for destroying the cfcs they create so they can destroy them

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

so what's the solution?

mandating isps monitor botnet-like traffic won't work because it'll just lead to cleverer traffic shaping and false positives and grandma not being able to facetweet her poopsie because the smart couch cushion her grandnephew bought her is phoning home

mandatory remote-brick codes for misbehaving devices their mfrs can't fix? lol when that one gets out and someone shuts off a few hundred thousand smoke detectors by sending them 00000000

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

incentivize the industry to step up the bare minimum quality of their products

that just creates space for an unethical person in a less-regulated place to step up and occupy the niche. like when you shoot all the skunks in your garden and raccoons move in and you say "man do i wish i had the skunks back"

the isp as the gatekeeper is probably the easiest approach to implement but i shudder to think of what their phone drones would have to endure as a result

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

the trick to civil asset forfeiture is to do it only to people who've been convicted of a crime

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

and nothing of value was lost

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jewel posted:

oh my God don't do this poo poo in your username handling, or really, any fields on a consumer website or product

https://twitter.com/0xabad1dea/status/842410941119643648/photo/1

nicely donetendo

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

if their theory is that someone got the photos they used in an ID fraud by doing a GIS for "douglas j.f. jingleheimer schmidt" then yeah, i can see the list of everyone who searched that name being useful but how on earth would you prove that's the search term that brought you there

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

EndlessRagdoll posted:

yeah this poo poo is insane. i can't believe the judge was just okay with requesting a whole town's google history. gonna be fun when they realize it is a ton of poo poo to dig through

all they're going to get is the pii of anyone who searched that specific term

lol for when they receive a blank cd

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

wtf

people need to stop rolling over for fuckers like this

i don't care what kind of special flower you are, there's no story that'll end with "and then i let him put some mystery irritant in my loving eye"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

In the taxi to the airport and on the airplane, Jacob continued his inappropriate, boundary-violating behaviour, loudly describing to me (and the entire airplane) how at a previous job (at Kink.com) he had “hosed a woman with a converted Sawzall”, before asking “have you ever seen a woman squirt?”, and adding “This is not a work conversation, by the way” as if that were some kind of magical incantation that would make his behaviour appropriate.

you know that experiment they did where they raised monkeys with robots to see how hosed up their concept of a social structure would be?

this one?

convince me jacob is not the product of a similar experiment with a child raised entirely by the internet in the absence of any meaningful opposition from a parental figure

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

It might actually be the first time in history that people could get their hands on a console hack more easily than on the console itself.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

pii at rest will soon be in motion

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

encrypted email to the account requester's isso, have him stand at that guy's desk, force password change on first login

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

loving lol at that secret service agent leaving her backpack in her car in her driveway while she was inside the house.

:tinfoil: now let's wonder about all the things that could conveniently be "found" on said laptop

nah let's not that's dumb

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Midjack posted:

it seems like this stunt gets rediscovered every few years

i'm rgb.swf

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

OSI bean dip posted:

Hilariously the DB was apparently dropped.

i want to say it was out of benevolence but knowing more than zero humans means i should know better

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/taviso/status/843280970430078977

don't drink the pee

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

wait what's wrong with auto-sync now, that's my whole reason for wanting 1password so i can just change my passwords once and have all four or five or whatever the hell i'm up to machines go 'yup ok'

if dropbox gets owned i'm hosed anyway so hail eris or satan or whatever

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

They also said they couldn't get my exploit to work, but I checked my apache access logs and they were using a Mac. Naturally, calc.exe will not appear on a Mac.

this to me seems scarier than the secfuck tbh

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i'd thought reluctance to rely on a browser's password manager was the whole raison d'etre driving pwms to begin with

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/taviso/status/844574176165822465

gotta hand it to my kid, every time i find another tupperware container full of his poo poo he's quick to empty it out and put it in the dishwasher

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

does a gay home like to be close with other homes or something? is it like a duplex?

freehold to be you and me

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

you must erase this bios within 24 hours

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i'll be the padlock as favicon.ico

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

lmao that sounds like so much work

would be much easier to just put some ativan in your mouth and drink water

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

go to the sdkfjdsflsdfkl

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"it's just metadata"

you got a call from the sexual wellness centre, then you called your doctor, a divorce lawyer, the suicide hotline twice and a realtor

but we don't know what you talked about so it's ok rightttttttt

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

OSI bean dip posted:

this is an e-mail a colleague got

do you like me

[ ] yes
[ ] no

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

OSI bean dip posted:

I wish Tavis had an account here.

the trick is getting him to stop at one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ate all the Oreos posted:

uhh why is SA trying to load flash player, i'm getting the "plugin blocked" thing when I load the page :ohdear:

almost certainly an ad

• Locked thread