Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Chrome will auto fill CC#s but you have to provide the CVN in a modal outside of page at least for cards I have in Google's system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

hobbesmaster posted:

a true embedded system would be running linux with a bsp not updated since 2004

yeah windows is probably safer out of the box than a lot of the Linux distros

they should probably make the update spinner brandable tho

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Progressive JPEG posted:

I think there's no realistic way the autofiller could ensure that all fields are visible+obvious to the user, so may as well just have the autofill bring up a prompt saying 'about to fill these fields: <bulleted list>, look good?'

Then at least a user has an opportunity to think 'why does it want to fill in my address wtf'

I mean that does zero protection against someone clicking through and maybe the real solution is to have the user just type that poo poo in but there you go

you could just make the user interact with each field individually but the list is still better UX

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

as has been said many times before, security often comes at the expense of convenience. solution: patch autofill out of all of these browsers

I'm saying I think autofill can still be pretty secure if you make it work on individual inputs instead of the whole form at once

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

zen death robot posted:

look the NRC is gonna come down on my rear end if i expose the public to that much radium

:drat:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

pr0zac posted:

Look man, if you're gonna do the joose and forget the last three days don't look at us to fill in the details

(Trump likes watching hookers pee on each other, Russia has docs/video on this and other blackmail material, it is the only thing anyone on twitter, TV news, etc has been talking about the last couple days)

news is depressing af lately and I don't blame anyone for avoiding it :\

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

fins posted:

Other nugget in there is

plant hugs?

this was copied out of a PDF wasn't it

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

ate all the Oreos posted:

i assume in this case you'd actually need to access the specific transmitter etc but i guarantee that some time in the near future there will be a life-critical device that will allow some 15 year old who just discovered what a metasploit is to kill someone and you bet your rear end they will do it

... and it'll go on undetected for years until someone kills a rich old white man whos family has the money and legal motivation to finance a really thorough private autopsy because most people will assume that it was just gran's time because of the bad ticker and all - they even had an implant it was so bad!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

actually no some total loving dipshit will brag about doing it and be taken seriously enough for someone to pull logs and tens of other cases will be discovered

one of those

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

*nods sagely*

therefore my messaging app that discards all messages on any attempt to send is the best

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo_(app) was clearly the most secure messaging app until it started asking for location :tinfoil:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

I usually just put a paperclip or one of those shirt clips on the lock loops

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

vOv posted:

so what happened to the thread, anyway

I don't know what you're talking about friend vOv

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Um I clearly said clemency but what actually happened was sentence commuting therefore it doesn't count

:goonsay:

makes a big difference to her

she's got ~30 years of "sorry but your federally mandated background check came back and says you did some uh 'ultra crimes'? new one on me but we just can't have that associated with us here at Billy Bob's bargain basement grease trap cleaning. sorry. *beep*" to look forward to

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

PCjr sidecar posted:

yes im sure a felony on her record is going to be the biggest impediment she'll face in her job search

it's not but he can't wave a pen and cure psychological damage

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

hackbunny posted:

sorry to disappoint with a relatively lame post and no eyepyramid update, but the opera 12 source code has just been leaked:

https://github.com/prestocore/browser

already dmca'd lol but mirrored here:

https://bitbucket.org/prestocore-fan/presto/

it's out and about! if you're still using opera 12 for some goddamn reason (not even I am) it's time to quit it for good

kinda got lost in the smart meter dustup but I'm kicking myself for missing these because I've been morbidly curious about Presto for a while and hoping something like this would happen

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Luigi Thirty posted:

even my lovely Amiga browser from a million years ago can use a modern OpenSSL library port and TLS 1.2

the current version is 12.18 which came out last year with more modern SSL/TLS

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

ios doesn't allow all of those application rights and you have the ability to block it from accessing specific things when it attempts

android kinda does that as of whenever they rolled out that material design stuff I think

idk if it still works that way if you ask for an old api layer because I bet older apps would just poo poo themselves because android

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

my latest flight was delayed because they overloaded the plane and we needed to sit there and burn off exactly 140l of fuel.

ERROR: TOO MANY MIDWESTERNERS

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

hahahaha i get it, the passengers were the overloading because they were fat. fat people are awful.

well, there's a stereotype people around here do tend to fall into so :shrug:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

for sale: used jet fuel, never flown

:smith:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

hackbunny posted:

• DateTimeUtils.IsClockAccurate(): I expected this to be true, and it was. what this check does is, every 5 hours, download the front page of a randomly chosen major website (among which amazon, aol, google and youtube), and derive the current date and time from the Date http header field. if the local clock is within 60 minutes of the remote time, then the check returns true. I have no idea why the carrier cares so much about this

makes it harder to change the date just to see how the behavior changes or get the date-based behavior you want?

why the autorun checks? do analysis tools like to just use windows autorun to start the malware in the VM? seems like a bad idea if its so easy to spot but I guess most investigators won't think to sit there and twiddle their thumbs just in case so eh

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

DuckConference posted:

sec fuckup: some guy making six figgies at home manipulates the market, contributes to or maybe causes the flash crash, tells investigators to kiss his rear end, keeps doing it for five more years
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-04-21/guy-trading-at-home-caused-the-flash-crash

the fuckup is programming computers that touch money to make the same panicky iditotic decisions that people make but faster and then blaming it on some random guy

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

funniest part of the article is the local TV news insisting that Augusta is a growing wizard capital

put that on the sign because that's funny

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

hackbunny posted:

encodes the strings in utf-16 before hashing them, I answer

that'd just be what would happen if you encrypted the output of string.ToCharArray

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

not particularly, I only submit a few random PRs here and there when I can find the time and motivation

Suspicious Dish might know stuff though, he's more involved with it

he's done effort posts about the dumb poo poo Nintendo did wrt encryption on the wii in previous incarnations of this thread that were very interesting

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

is the chrome remoting extension bad in the same ways as TeamViewer?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

anthonypants posted:

idk but its what i use

same. it's why I asked

just so loving convenient compared to any alternative I've found

downsides so far include: may have left something NWS up on my desktop :ohdear:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

2.2M? lol did they also make them pinky swear they wouldn't do it again?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

tabs-under-url ui

:barf:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

wait he's the attention marbles guy?

and we have him to thank for that amazing short story in response to his craziness

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

what the poo poo has augmented reality got to do even a little bit with security?

I guess a hacker could gently caress with your headset and make you puke?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

eight? what?

press F12 -> pick 'Security' tab -> click 'view certificate'

still one more than 'click lock next to URL' -> 'click view info' but eh

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

anthonypants posted:

in chrome there is no "view info" link when you click the lock icon next to a url

there is a "learn more" link that goes here https://support.google.com/chrome/?p=ui_security_indicator

there is a link to the cookies used for the site, if there are cookies

there is a site settings link at the bottom that goes here chrome://settings/content

they removed any way to easily view the certificate for an https site a long time ago

yeah they moved a thing that'd just confuse most people to the developer options - which takes three steps to get to not eight

this annoys developers slightly which is OK because we're a tiny percentage of users

the really hosed thing is that regular users even know what cookies are let alone care so deeply about them that they want to inspect them

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

A Man With A Plan posted:

He's been posting super dumb opinions about everything all over the forums so he's either a troll or the dumbest motherfucker alive

make sure to ask him why there aren't more women in software development

just not here because I'm sure OSI doesn't want the thread poo poo up with :biotruths:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

is the reward a shirt that confirms that your uncle does indeed work for Nintendo?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

anthonypants posted:

putty 0.68 came out last month and it's finally got support for 25519 curves :toot:

2 something something 1 9 you say?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

cinci zoo sniper posted:

alphabetamines would suggest literacy though

lmbo

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

aww the bug report is private

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

quote:

RESOLVED WONTFIX

yisss that's what I needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

crazysim posted:

Funny enough, Android O just put out an API for this. Lastpass and similar managers of its ilk have been screen scraping and injecting autofills on Android login screens.

the pwsafe app creates an IME so you can have it enter them for you without them ever appearing on screen or any other weird fuckery other than switching keyboard but they make _that_ easy because lol android

• Locked thread