Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've never played Demon's Crest but I hear it's based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did anyone get a chance to see the "MvCI and Esports" presentation video that Capcom accidentally made public on Youtube? It's down now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So, they want to replace SFV with MvCI as the "core game" at Capcom Cup? That's pretty bizarre.

Does this mean there's going to be crossplay?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I still don't really get how their system of putting the top 14 people on the MvCI leaderboard into CapcomCup is going to work when the game is on three different platforms with no crossplay.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The problem with dividing it equally is that only one of the platforms is going to have any meaningful competition on it at all. All five smooth brains who bought it on Xbone would get an invite.

Honestly, as bad as it was, the cross platform play in SFV was one of the few cool things about that game. Ditching it entirely and making their online qualification contest way more complicated than it has to be is peak capcom.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Would you guys be more interested in this game if it had a F2P model?

I'm not as down on it as most of the people in here, but I have next to no interest in spending close to a hundred bucks on a game that will probably have bad net code and a small player base.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

A $100 ugly game with lots of negative press coming from a studio who completely bungled their last release probably isn't going to get huge numbers, and those numbers get even smaller when you divide them up into three because of no crossplay.

Before you talk about how the Marvel license is a big draw, there are just over five hundred people playing Marvel Heroes right now, and that's a free game in a less niche market with a much cooler roster.

Injustice 2 did well, but it also has a whole slew of single player stuff (character levels, a gear system, move unlocks, cinematic story mode, that AI fighter thing) that normies go crazy for. MvCI has basically nothing like that.

fadam fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 16, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

There are lots of fighting games with good netcode and the feature complete version of the game is literally $119.99 CAD on the Playstation store.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fellblade posted:

There exists no fighting game where players don't poo poo on the netcode, there's bad and less bad.

Just don't buy the ultimate edition, they wouldn't have made the 6 dlc characters at all if the dlc didn't exist.

People seem happy with the netcode in MK XL, Injustice 2, and KI. I played a buttload of Injustice 2 when it came out and I had very few matches that felt bad.

And I don't entirely understand your second point.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dias posted:

I mean, I'm just sayin' you're saying something wrong when there's plenty of legit poo poo moves in MVCI. You can be wrong if you want and really, no one would notice a difference, but there are no features missing unless you buy the $40 season pass. Maybe there are some functions missing, but as far as I can remember they ain't selling this game without story mode unless you pay for it.

Actually my friend I think you'll find that you are the one who is wrong.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

personally, and maybe its just me, but I feel like the roster is a pretty big "feature" in a fighting game

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fellblade posted:

This would be a legitimate point if the roster didn't exist unless you bought each character individually.

No, actually this doesn't make any sense.

To be clear, I have no problem buying the season pass or whatever for a game if the game is good. I spent the same amount on Injustice 2 that they're charging for the "full" version of MvCI. I care less about the fact that they're charging so much, and more about the fact that they're charging so much for something that looks cheaply made and is probably bad.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fellblade posted:

I am saying that nobody can reasonably say it's feature incomplete due to 'the roster' as it has a base roster of 30+ unique characters.

Sure, but that roster isn't complete unless you buy the season pass.

Again, my problem isn't that the season pass exists or that the game is unplayable without it, my point is that only very good games can get away with doing stuff like this.

$100+ bucks for the complete version of a game that looks like it could have been a F2P mobile game is nuts.

fadam fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 16, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Race Realists posted:

Oh i know the game is gonna bomb sales wise.

Doesn't mean its Scene cant be followed on streams though

Really? Because you seemed to think it was going to have a big player base earlier.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Race Realists posted:

there is not nearly enough :smug: in your post.

the people who do the most amount of bitching about will either

A. Bum their friends for a free copy while still bitching endlessly about the game on SRK.

B. Pirate the game while still bitching endlessly about it on SRK

C. Wait till the "complete" version comes out half price while bitching endlessly about the game on SRK.

or more realistically

D. Follow the Scene almost religiously on tourny Streams, make a bunch of toxic poo poo posts "HURR DURR $hills CapCucks :downs:" on the stream chat while bitching endlessly about the game on SRK

This sounds like damage control. You seem to want to defend the game without actually having to commit to anything so you do this weird two-step where you talk about how the game is going to fail and sell like poo poo but also have "hundreds of thousands" of stream views or whatever because the FGC is just filled with crybabies who want to talk poo poo about everything.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It is still very funny to me that a bunch of people (myself included) figured they weren't going to include the X-Men, but instead replace them with all the characters they've been pushing recently like the Inhumans and Squirrel Girl and Gwenpool etc. but they didn't even have the money to do that.

At least Black Panther and Thanos are cool. Gamora lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Race Realists posted:

i just feel like you guys are putting way too much energy into this :v:

Yeah, it's everyone else who is an obsessive weirdo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

And you could be doing the exact same thing and yet here you are, complaining about other people's posts instead of just ignoring them. How bizarre the nature of man.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fellblade posted:

I am doing that same thing, this is a game I am looking forward to? How is that in any way bizarre?

It is pretty clear nobody in this thread has anything positive to say about the game. If we all left it would just be you, Race Realists and that guy who is only buying the game because Mega Man is in it.

If you're looking for positive, meaningful discussion about this game I'm certain there are other message boards you can check out.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

pissdude posted:

I am going to buy and play this game - probably on day 1. I am going to talk poo poo about it and be smug as gently caress about it, make fun of those who like it, and also have fun with it even though it is Bad

yea same

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The gems are maybe the only cool thing in this game lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

edit: double post

fadam fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 17, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Other than the dumb reflect thing I think all the systems and whatever are cool. Tag combos are a lot more fun than I expected.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Story trailer 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWnncuYXCE

" These newly added characters bring the final roster at launch up to 30 characters, with more post launch characters to be revealed in the future."

lol 30 characters. No Monster Hunter guy. Literally getting 4 new characters for a base roster mostly MVC3 repeats. You want new characters, gently caress you get ready to pay.

It's 7 right? Black Panther, Gamora, Ultron, Yassss Kween Slay Drag Him Marvel, Jedah, X and Sigma. I guess that's almost a third of the cast. Not great, but I'd be interesting to see how it compares to how much of the roster was new in MvC3 by percent.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oh, I didn't know they're DLC. That's lame.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

what shady Belorussian dude did you guys get this game on the cheap from?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Wait this game has bursts?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zand posted:

yes and tied to super meter like tvc

Uh oh.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What is the burst mechanic called and how does it work?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fellblade posted:

While being hit, you can tag in your second character for 2 meters (combo can continue).

So you can try and use the second character to stop the combo? That's kind of neat I guess. Does the damage on the non-active character increase or whatever like in previous games or no?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The DBZ game looks cool, but as someone who has never seen the show or anything, blowing character slots on Blue Hair Goku seems way more egregious than what Marvel's doing with their cast.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fair enough, I guess we'll see.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It sucks that Capcom is lazy but not lazy enough to put She-Hulk in instead of Gamora.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Marvel 3 unironically looks better than most games released today.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Vakal posted:

This reminds me of the warning of having fluorescent lighting in a wood working shop where if the lights pulsing frequency matches the spin speed of a spinning blade, the blade will look like it is not moving to the human eye.

Lol yea it's exactly like that

I'm reading on Twitter that apparently every MvC game has had proximity blocking like this

fadam fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 2, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

MvC3 most def did not have it.

I'm not really sure about MvC2, but I don't think it had full screen proximity blocking.

Apparently it did: http://shoryuken.com/2017/09/02/returning-proximity-guard-mechanic-in-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-sparks-debate/

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

boy, that guys' post history is something else

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__-3SgRp8AU

Costumes look pretty cool imo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Command Mission X doesn't have the scarf which is like the best thing about the CM costume?

I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

capcom gave Justin "Bud Light" Wong a copy of MvCI and are letting him stream it before release https://www.twitch.tv/jwonggg

I think Spider-Man looks good

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 11, 2017

• Locked thread