Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dude's are mostly just streaming training mode and when they do play some actual vs they aren't using the burst mechanic at all so i'm really loving skeptical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

You can only do it once per character, or just once period can't remember which. I can't imagine it crippling gameplay or anything.

Why would you have a limited number of uses of it per round and also it cost 2 meters?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the actual burst part of the burst mechanic seems to be gone

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

the actual burst part of the burst mechanic seems to be gone

So yeah, You ain't limited in how many times a round you can do it, it just costs 2 meter, but it also doesn't give you a hit. It tags your character in and forces a focus switch on the enemy, cutting their combo short but not necessarily giving you anything more than that.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

darealkooky posted:

isn't the answer to this to just instantly poo poo out a beam super and tag both characters, then?

not sure what the answer is or isn't at this point because the gameplay this far is pretty loving clownish

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zand posted:

I hope they aren't just gonna be big guys and big targets that do th same damage and build less meter doing it.

lol

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

luckily beams do less damage if youre farther away and chris now has to reload or something stupid. zoning is cheap and illegal

Do they really do less damage if you're farther away?

Anyway, I wonder how all of the anti-zoning and anti-projectile changes have been translated into ghost riders moveset since he zones without projectiles afterall.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

fadam posted:

What specifically made Ghost Rider bad in MvC3?

Massive lack of mobility and everything he did was active for a long rear end time, so every one of his zoning options was something you had to commit to really hard and could be punished for really hard. That and they removed chip damage from his normal chain attacks before the game launched. Also, his chains didn't really interact with projectiles or beams, leaving him very weak against good assist use.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

also he did dogshit damage if i remember correctly. although maybe he secretly had good damage and no one bothered to optimize him cuz lol ghostrider

I used him in a gost rider/nova/virgil team and his damage was fine, plus I could setup into unblockables with him really easy. The deal was he usually just died before he could get anything done.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

i legitimately cannot remember any of ghost rider's moves other than the motorcycle super, what's he do to set up unblockables?

He had a 3/4ths screen reaching low normal. You did that + nova's overhead hitting assist after ending combos the right way and it gave you an unblockable set up you could combo back into.

The characters problem was that he had to play a reactive game against teleports and assists when he was built to be an active zoner.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Also, Ghost Rider couldn't really do dick against characters who just high jumped and launched projectiles.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Ghost rider wouldn't even need to be "better" to be better in this game.

Assists are gone, the tag system turns the massive active time of his normals and specials into an advantage instead of a liability, his normals don't have the weaknesses beams and projectiles have been given, and unfly is gone so other zoners are a hell of a lot more vulnerable to his stuff.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

brand loyalty man calls others weirdos

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyway, can ya'll not quote cams please, for reasons

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Reiley posted:

Why they call the game "Infinite" when you can't do more than 70% in a combo???

amount of sadness inspired

amount of longing for return of 3v3 and assists

amount of money all of the dlc characters will cost you

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm ideologically opposed to judging the quality of posts because, while i only like bad posts, it is impossible that the fault lies with me

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and it makes me feel bad when people call the things i like bad

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

canoshiz posted:

6 Infinity Stones in Decorative Case

Frank Reynolds says "Egg"

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmao you can't combo off of throws.

you've pretty much got to have a fast air dash and normals that can do good crossups to have any mixup in this game

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So is not getting meter when your attacks get blocked new to this game?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

They probably just directly tied meter gain to damage done. Just like how they directly tied hitstun scaling to damage done.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

You can fall out of any non-cinematic super, because that's how the combo scaling/infinite prevention system works.

Probably best to learn how to use that, plus tags, for resets because they ain't going to fix the scaling system.

And they sort of can't anyway, because with only 2 characters on a team they need to avoid tod combos.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm pretty sure that offensive play in this game is basically trash and the game is going to look a hell of a lot different once people realize you can just block forever and punish

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol yeah

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Psure it's just cause of laziness on their parts too. Just link scaling and meter to damage done bada bing bada boom

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fellblade posted:

There's some speculation that Black Widow is actually the Capcom character from Slam Masters but that seems... unlikely.

marvel/disney wouldn't let capcom use a character that shares a name with one of their own characters

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyway. lets speculate at just how bad and cheap venom is going to look.

I'm going with super bad and low quality.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm annoyed that Sigma gets to finally be in a fighting game and it's gotta be a bad one

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

"Each stone will let you change the rules of the tournament"

You mean they can decide to play a good game instead?

hahahah

but seriosly, no, they cannot

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mvc3 with no x-factor and more than one effective defensive assist

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i've got the hidden seventh infinity stone the scumbag stone it lets me split the pot with my friend

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i like how story mode is clowny not because they wanted it to be light hearted and silly but rather because they didn't or couldn't care. this is just impressively low rent

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

fadam posted:

idk how its going to end up shaping out and I might be wrong, but right now at an amateur level I think running someone who can mix people up and a swole guy like Hulk, Thor, Thanos, etc. is optimal because you can tag into the big guy to get high damage very easily.

The big guys don't do any more damage than anyone else. In fact, everyone does the same damage.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmao if tabs cinematic universe was tabs i just saw max beat his rear end lmbo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fereydun posted:

that was me and i fully admit i lost 1 game
and then beat him 2

still i lost to max and now i must commit ritual suicide

It's a good thing that max is awful because ghost rider is probably a problem in the hands of a good player

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and max is at the least playing matches against people. I really don't want to watch someone in training mode.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

character with stuff that is very active (long animations that can hit for lots of that animation) ideally ranged/fast character

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm thinking of doing a bad dumb awful thing with some of the money i have laying around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I have never played a monster hunter game.

• Locked thread