Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Race Realists posted:

interesting conversation going on on NeoGaf right now concerning the potential roster size. in a game where assets are clearly being reused, why not just slap in the u/mvc3 roster, add additional characters and call it a day?

50 u/mvc3 characters + 20 newcomers sounds like a good deal to me

Boy are you gonna be disappointed when this game comes out (so are we all).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Race Realists posted:

i know realistically speaking they wont, what im saying is, why not

reused assets is literally a staple of this franchise

Because the only evidence of re-used assets in the animations, which are maybe 20% of a characters total cost, if that.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Thread: Worse Game in this series yet because

fadam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ2Hsig12h8

Telltale presents Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

The idea that there's this huge market of people that are willing to put tons of money and time into a game but they won't because the mechanics are too hard or whatever is bullshit

This might be true for fighting games so far, but I can guarantee you that there's a poo poo load of evidence out there for making games 'easier' (meaning more accessible) being the path to making buttloads of money.

Look at genre defining games like WoW, CoD4 or LoL and then look at the titles in that genre previously.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

I can't speak to CoD but while they might be simplified compared to their predecessors, LoL and WoW are still fairly complex games. League is a dumbed down DotA but it still has like a billion different heroes that can be built in a bunch of different ways and talent trees and items etc. I don't like it and I have literally zero desire to play it but its a good example of how a game doesn't have to be dumbed down to idiot baby level to be successful.

How does "advertised as made easier for new/casual players to get into" suddenly become "dumbed down to idiot baby level"?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

Because 99% of the time the two go hand in hand.

I agree that the previous two capcom fighting games are bad and were advertised as easier to access to new players but niether of them are idiot baby levels of dumbed down, just the total wrong things simplified for the audience they want to capture.

Chucat posted:

I'm staring really hard at Starcraft and nothing's happening.

Don't even know what this means, I can only assume you agree with what I said since there's no way Brood War is easier than SC2 or that it made more money than SC2.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

That assumes the DLC characters aren't basically done and aren't being intentionally held back to milk the userbase which is exactly the kind of thing I now expect from Capcom.

It plainly doesn't cost time or effort to make new characters, so why Capcom insists on placing monetary value on them is ridiculous.

There's no malice involved because they don't give two shits, there is however wilful ignorance about why games are made coming from people making this kind of statement.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
This game will sell poo poo because capcom couldn't market a free blowjob machine and it will still sell about 1000 times as many copies as the DBZ game does.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
An hour of versus mode gameplay on the Capcom Unity stream at 12pm PDT.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
That's the face of somebody who is working at a venue while everybody else is enjoying themselves.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Sorry, I momentarily forgot to put on my capcops illuminati vision shades.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Zand posted:

you're right. capcom would never pay out fgc members for their support for marketing

oh wait what exactly is capcup and eleague
or mopreme and kamui for sf 15th anniv marketing a decade ago
or mr wizard for cfe around the same time
or buktooth for mvc3
or s kill for sfxt
or combofiend for mvci

nah that's not part of a pattern or anything, it's a conspiracy to suggest capcom markets their games using fgc member credibility

Holy poo poo a company engages with the community, how dare they. The graphics look a bit poo poo in the promo art and some cutscenes (seems pretty much entirely bad lighting rather than fundamental issues), we best get on the train calling the entire game a poo poo scam to steal our money before we even play it.

At best Justin/Champ/Kbrad/etc got tickets and travel/accommodation, it's a free trip, not working. If you're working at a public event representing your company, you have to constantly be on the ball making sure you don't say the wrong thing, offend somebody or perhaps portray the product in a negative light because your livelyhood depends on your wage.

It's most likely even worse for Combofiend as he's been friendly, or even worse unfriendly, with those attending for years. It's like having to work the bar at a party for all your friends, while they enjoy themselves you are stood there jobbing it.

Unconstructively making GBS threads on something is never going to give you an improved end product or future product, it's just going to make people stop listening.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
gently caress, they gave Max a preview copy of the demo before E3, which I haven't seen anybody else doing, and his reaction is 'not really impressed'.

poo poo, he's on the payroll it must be reverse psychology!

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Zand posted:

when did I say it's bad for them to do? I was only saying it's weird to think that believing they do this is a conspiracy.

I just said that's what they did and all it means is you have to take sponsored opinions with a grain of salt

There's no conspiracy because everybody with a brain understands what is happening, reacting like it's some big secret is what makes you seem like a conspiracy loon. Along with stuff like:

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Max doesn't have to shill beyond "pretending to be hype to entertain his teenage audience," fighting game devs will give him whatever he wants because he's the biggest fighting game centric internet personality there is.

He's literally more trustworthy than any Top Player who has been featured on ESL.

Of course it doesn't apply to him because *made up reasons that definitely don't apply to people who say anything positive*. Like Justin totally needs Capcom to invite him to E3 or he will become irrelevant.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Oh poo poo I agreed with cams time to check out.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I've basically learned not to read any threads about a game I actually might enjoy because the constant negatives for page after page stops me actually enjoying the game.

We'll all be disappointed if the game is poo poo, no need to put yourself through the pain of thinking it will be poo poo for the next 3 months on top of that. The crusade of 'destructive criticism' and 'negative propaganda' (lol) against capitalism/capcom won't make a difference to their bottom line, the game being actually poo poo or not on release will.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Medullah posted:

Man Gamora looks like she's just skinny She-Hulk.

Can you name one that isn't 'is green' cos I'm not seeing that at all.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
And some Mind Stone stuff, can't really tell what the surge is but the storm is the same as leaked, it creates a sougenmu-like illusion.

edit: Maybe it's a command grab for characters that don't have one like the power stone is the wall bounce?

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 20, 2017

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
It seems even more for sure that Monster Hunter is in now, they've revealed/confirmed the Black Panther stage is Wakanda/Val Habar and the crossover comic features 'Black Panther interacting with Monster Hunter monsters and characters' at SDCC.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Dormammu confirmed on the MVC Facebook page, him and Firebrand are in the build playable at Gamescom, Aug 22nd.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
If they have all the time in the world, you are doing it wrong.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I think that's almost entirely to blame on the fact that it's being rushed as poo poo (seemingly more so than every other game ever).

We didn't get a beta, we got a demo, it was just so rear end awful we've done our best to forget it exists.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I watched it if you have any questions, I don't know what to start with describing it.

- About 1 minute or so showing how the series/tournaments have grown since Xmen vs SF to UMVC3, old tournament footage spliced with footage from Infinite CG cutscenes, was actually quite cool and would be a decent trailer for competitive MVCI.
- MVCI 'esports' for 2017 will be mostly online based qualification and then part of Capcom Cup in 2018
- revenue/costing for suits and TO's

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 8, 2017

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
That seems bad but then you remember Capcom has no characters anybody cares about outside tiny fanbases for old games.

Like I'm mad for DMC but that series hasn't had a new Capcom game in 10 years, it's lucky we got Dante at all.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
1. It's not final
2. Just fuckin' divide it between them equally

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Game looks worse than we'd like, SFV had a bad release even if Capcom are genuinely supporting it, netcode is likely to be bad because there is no such thing as good netcode for games that require frame specific inputs in a PvP situation, fair if hyperbolic statements. Not wanting to buy the game also fine.

Pretty sure you can buy MVCI for like $50 though so calling it $100 is just a lie.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
There exists no fighting game where players don't poo poo on the netcode, there's bad and less bad.

Just don't buy the ultimate edition, they wouldn't have made the 6 dlc characters at all if the dlc didn't exist.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

personally, and maybe its just me, but I feel like the roster is a pretty big "feature" in a fighting game

This would be a legitimate point if the roster didn't exist unless you bought each character individually.

e; I have absolutely no doubt this was suggested during design meetings for MVCI.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 16, 2017

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

People seem happy with the netcode in MK XL, Injustice 2, and KI. I played a buttload of Injustice 2 when it came out and I had very few matches that felt bad.

And I don't entirely understand your second point.

So the second point, the DLC characters would not exist if they weren't DLC. The game would have 6 less characters, in fact the game might not have even been made at all without the potential to generate the extra revenue from DLC.

fadam posted:

No, actually this doesn't make any sense.

To be clear, I have no problem buying the season pass or whatever for a game if the game is good. I spent the same amount on Injustice 2 that they're charging for the "full" version of MvCI. I care less about the fact that they're charging so much, and more about the fact that they're charging so much for something that looks cheaply made and is probably bad.

The discussion was about the game being feature complete, you implied that it wasn't feature complete because of 'the roster'.

I am saying that nobody can reasonably say it's feature incomplete due to 'the roster' as it has a base roster of 30+ unique characters.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I mean, you could be posting in threads for games you like or are looking forward to but instead you are all posting in the thread of a game that you hate and want to fail.

:confused:

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

And you could be doing the exact same thing and yet here you are, complaining about other people's posts instead of just ignoring them. How bizarre the nature of man.

I am doing that same thing, this is a game I am looking forward to? How is that in any way bizarre?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
It's not looking the case, we get it, we've been getting it for the past like 4 months. It's boring now.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

It is pretty clear nobody in this thread has anything positive to say about the game. If we all left it would just be you, Race Realists and that guy who is only buying the game because Mega Man is in it.

If you're looking for positive, meaningful discussion about this game I'm certain there are other message boards you can check out.

That's not true at all, it's actually that everybody has just stopped posting or reading the thread because it's poo poo to read due to any positive comments being dogpiled.

You are right though, you made me sign up for Reddit and I loving hate Reddit.

NecroMonster posted:

i think games being good is more important than defending game series or publishers from criticism

I totally agree with this post. This isn't an attacker vs defender of Capcoms virtue though, it's realist or optimist vs extremist or sensationalist.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 16, 2017

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Zand posted:

is there something positive to discuss with this game that im missing

It's not about positive it's about engaging rather than circle jerking and dog piling.

I think it would be interesting to discuss things like how it's apparently a complete failure to make fighting games accessible for newcomers and is likely the complete opposite, maybe what they could have done differently without ruining it for high levels of play at the same time.

Plenty of other poo poo to talk about other than lolgamebadhurrr.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Feature list:

Nothing special, Beginners League is the only unusual thing.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
While being hit, you can tag in your second character for 2 meters (combo can continue).

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

So you can try and use the second character to stop the combo? That's kind of neat I guess. Does the damage on the non-active character increase or whatever like in previous games or no?

I guess that's the idea, damage doesn't change.

I think it's unlikely that a combo is going to continue long with another character on screen as all the moves/inputs are relative to the 'active' character, even if you don't try and get a hit on them.

Your opponent can also tag (for free) at the same time to stop you stopping the combo, though that leaves their initial character vulnerable for a long rear end time. You can get happy birthday'd here quite easily it seems.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Let's face it, Hawkguy is the only Hawkeye costume worth having, he only has bad costumes.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Race Realists posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=160&v=IwNi6G_Bd3Y

:lol: somebody pointed out Iron Man's new theme is his Iron Man 3 movie theme

Is it actually though or is this some fake news poo poo? I listened to that video then the Iron Man 3 theme and they didn't sound the same, maybe I am music blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Race Realists posted:

wait till somebody uploads the theme directly. you'll be able to hear it better. Not EXACTLY the same but you can definitely hear it

So despite saying it's the same, what you actually meant was, it's not the same.

Good posting bro.

• Locked thread