Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Race Realists posted:

not gonna lie, it IS kinda nice to see Capcom and Marvel give SOME support to a game in this franchise for once

capcom ran cpt even for sf4 and has been involved in the community for a while. they have hired people from the community to work on their games and at their offices for a decade. they have been supporting their franchises this whole time. nobody is upset that capcom would want their game to succeed. people are upset because their community engagement sucks and their plan looks like more of the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

also watching what used to be your cool grassroots community slowly be monetized, then repackaged and sold back to you is not fun for people and that's not an unreasonable sentiment

if old fgc is like interior Mexican cuisine, new fgc is like taco bell

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

anime was right posted:

lol the guy in charge of that esports thing just got a promotion

looks like he left everyone else behind

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

didn't he leave to work on KOF14? that turned out pretty well

he left his exciting job making instruction manuals at capcom, so it's basically like he was forced

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

sorry yall but if you have any criticism of the game you are just another entitled fgc member feeling like their time is worth enough to bother with being discerning. lol as if

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Endorph posted:

KOF XIV (Friday) – 32,760
Guilty Gear Xrd REV2 (Saturday) – 38,518
Injustice 2 (Saturday) – 45,557
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Saturday) – 128,121
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Sunday) – 84,952
BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Sunday) – 97,605
Tekken 7 (Sunday) – 145,657
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Sunday) – 143,008
Street Fighter V (Sunday) 179,072

i really doubt itll do much more than umvc3

like im not even saying this game will be some massive failure just when even the most popular game at last year's evo didnt get to 200k its weird to think that mvci will

nice fake stats to bolster your argument. what kind of nerd wastes time typing all that out

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Race Realists posted:

there is not nearly enough :smug: in your post.

the people who do the most amount of bitching about will either

A. Bum their friends for a free copy while still bitching endlessly about the game on SRK.

B. Pirate the game while still bitching endlessly about it on SRK

C. Wait till the "complete" version comes out half price while bitching endlessly about the game on SRK.

or more realistically

D. Follow the Scene almost religiously on tourny Streams, make a bunch of toxic poo poo posts "HURR DURR $hills CapCucks :downs:" on the stream chat while bitching endlessly about the game on SRK

wait, people talk about games on srk?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

is there something positive to discuss with this game that im missing

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

fadam posted:

Wait this game has bursts?

yes and tied to super meter like tvc

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

fadam posted:

The DBZ game looks cool, but as someone who has never seen the show or anything, blowing character slots on Blue Hair Goku seems way more egregious than what Marvel's doing with their cast.

why just assume he will be a clone character tho? even robo-ky isnt a clone character or ky in gg, and I can't think of an arc game with clone characters. even in the old games the EX characters are usually way way different than their normal counterparts

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Bleck posted:

Fighting games; whether or not a mechanic is stupid or just adds 'depth' depends entirely on how irrationally attached to the game you are

not really since certain mechanics remove depth

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Little Mac posted:

lol ya'll cried for like 30 pages about this game and it looks like it's gonna be awesome

does it? it looks fine but idk about awesome

it looks like it's failed at most of the criteria the devs set for the game, like accessibility is an idea that's gone out the window with combos that take over a 45 seconds real time to perform discovered day 1. it still has a mostly rehashed cast and is missing characters that people wanted. I don't think that anyone critiquing it up to now had really been off base. then giving everyone who shilled for the game early copies...lol

game looks like it might be fun tho

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

fadam posted:

Imagine a superhero fighting game with all the care and attention put into the models and animations that DBZF and XRD have :(
dbzf is that very thing

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

cams posted:

a bunch of defective young men taking pride in their opinions of video games on the internet to the point that it becomes part of their identity. cool.

hi can you please explain how you aren't burning yourself with this own? or are you self-aware?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

personally I already have the game paid for and am pretty optimistic that the actual gameplay will be fun. I think capcom sucks tho and 4 colors per guy is weak poo poo esp with two of them being locked, and not enough women fighters. excited about doing 60 second combos ftw

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Gologle posted:

I am no longer aware of who unironically or ironically likes this game or hates it or not.

game looks fun enough. i love fighters that straddle the line between being unplayable and wonderful, this game looks like it has the makings of something truly bad in a great way. hard to tell without having my hands on it though

early on capcom did a really bad job of instilling any amount of confidence that this game would be anything less than total poo poo and thats why its had the reaction it has

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

I hope they aren't just gonna be big guys and big targets that do th same damage and build less meter doing it.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Fellblade posted:

There's going to be so much disappointment from people applying marvel 3 logic to this game.

It's still day -6 and people are writing off characters as worthless based on training mode guessing.

Hulk was trash tier in marvel 3 from an objective viewpoint but he still won evo.

nobody has mvci logic to apply yet, this is as good as it gets (looking to the closest possible game for comparison). people looked at early mvc3 through the mvc2 and tvc lens and people look at dbzf through the gg lens. I don't think anyone is passing judgement, it's speculation

it'd be downright silly to just decide anything is certain about this game based on impressions from noted cryman kbr

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

fadam posted:

How's chip on specials in this game?

chip damage scaling from successive blocks

edit yeah see above

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

i legitimately cannot remember any of ghost rider's moves other than the motorcycle super, what's he do to set up unblockables?

nova low plus jump c

edit other way around

Zand fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 14, 2017

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

cams posted:

i agree, it's capcom's fault you're all reactionary weirdos.

reality stone is truly bananas and needs a nerf. hopefully some more recovery frames cause it is almost impossible to punish. gonna hear a LOT of "REALITY STONE" in the first few weeks. i imagine what will separate the best from the rest in the beginning will be how well you can deal with it, through spacing or push block reflect.

i've spent a lot of time with captain marvel and gamora so far, both are real good. gamora especially has an insanely high skillcap that i will never reach cause my execution is bad. i've also played a lot of spidey and chun and their offensive pressure is ridiculous, even by marvel standards. hit confirming with spider-man is easier than it's been in any marvel fighter, and chun is so fast that playing her is a little intimidating. will take some time to be able to handle it.

if the reality stone weren't so good i'd be playing more with the time stone. it recovers juuust too slow to be a truly oppressive tool on it's own, but when used in setups or as a movement option (good option to get out of the corner), it is almost as big a game changer as reality. power is probably the purely "solid" option, an offensive and defensive tool that can extend combos and from what i understand people like combos. i think power has a real high skillcap for use, more than reality especially.

lobbies have four stations where people in the room can queue up or hop on an empty one, do either versus or training mode.
"You're all reactionary weirdos" (said while calling for pre-release, not even day 1 nerfs)

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

cams posted:

yeah i said in the post right after that that i was probably being too hasty. good own though. you owned me.

:P just razzin you for caring so much about your little toys! haha relax

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

player match on pc is completely hosed, tested over lan and was like fighting Brazilians on stolen wifi

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

lmao if tabs cinematic universe was tabs i just saw max beat his rear end lmbo
whats worse losing to max or watching max streams, as a fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Should probably remake this thread since the game is out now, op hasnt posted in this thread for the week its been out and was only in it for ??? anyway

• Locked thread