Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Megaman X main villain, a living virus thing. Likely end boss of this game after infecting Ultron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zand posted:

help I'm an adult that can operate complex machines like a car or computer or smartphone but I'm unable to move my thumb a centimeter to the right and press a single button to shoot a fireball in a video game

greetings

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the Ace Palico

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fadam posted:

I can't speak to CoD but while they might be simplified compared to their predecessors, LoL and WoW are still fairly complex games.

They aren't hard to make your character do what you want them to though. You press Mortal Strike, your warrior uses Mortal Strike and you either wait the second-and-change to press another button or use an off-gcd skill sometimes. I mean like Zand says sometimes fighting games aren't that hard on a basic level either (in terms of doing a special motion) but it takes a heck of a lot more time to commit a decent hit confirm -> combo to muscle memory than it does even more complex DPS rotations in WoW or buy orders in LoL. Those games, at least up to an intermediate level, have their difficulty in knowledge and hey nerds are pretty decent at memorizing a guide they saw on reddit on their lunch break compared to remembering the timing of a basic link.

And like Zand I don't really have a solution to this that keeps the coolness of actually successfully performing a cool combo or other execution-based thing in FGs while also both making them immediately intuitive and also dispelling the negative myths the genre has.

e: also LoL and WoW specifically have pve elements (or are almost entirely pve) and people like that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
How long before MvC3 (or SFV) did we know the full launch roster?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fadam posted:

How come Injustice 2 seems to resonate with normies more than the VS series?

story mode

e: also vs games have the perception among people who have seen them in passing as impenetrable execution combo nightmares

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
why would they add a universal projectile reflect

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wasn't there supposed to be a monster hunter character? i just see Dahren Mohran which i assume is supposed to be a story encounter because it's an enormous monster

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh yeah good call, i don't know how i missed that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fellblade posted:

Holy poo poo a company engages with the community, how dare they.

Literally this.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endorph posted:

as a member of The Community, i hope mvci does badly and capcom goes out of business so we're forced to embrace under night in birth

have they said a drat thing about localizing recent versions

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the marvel cinematic universe can lick my n*ts. i cant loving believe how lovely hawkeye's design looks. not even his model, obviously that sucks since everyone's does, but even a well made model of MCU hawkeye sucks compared to the cool old mvc3 style

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
finally, something good

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/ChromeAlchemist/status/894277651397038081

why

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its weird to think that there are more live action Marvel Cinematic Universe characters with beams than there are capcom anime characters with beams

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the former most likely, aside from situations where you can simply overwhelm people (like under the effects of a gem probably)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
since there aren't assists fireballs aren't useful for confirming into fullscreen assist punishes (obviously) and they don't seem to do enough chip to be worth having them reflected

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
how is this game not f2p with a cash shop

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Rising Thunder, the perfect fighting game, did.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fadam posted:

So, they want to replace SFV with MvCI as the "core game" at Capcom Cup? That's pretty bizarre.

Does this mean there's going to be crossplay?

it kinda makes sense since MvC:I isn't really that chaotic to watch (from what we've seen) and a looooot more people care about and recognize Spider Man or Captain America than Karin or Abigail. if their intention is just to get people watching it makes sense to emphasize MvC:I since the SF people would probably watch anyway and this could bring in new eyes, if not just in youtube Recommended Links

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Wasn't the hunter from Monster Hunter supposed to be in this game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

lol the guy in charge of that esports thing just got a promotion

he rose up

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like Hawkeye in a vacuum, but I do not like Cinematic Universe Hawkeye

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

zooted heh posted:

They won't cuz I can't train against any of the dlc fighters in sfv. mcvi will do the same thing.

this is seriously loco

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
please be a good consumer and appreciate the Brand

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the hunter will be Sin, use an insect glave, and eat food

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DLC Inc posted:

No Monster Hunter guy.

what the gently caress

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im so mad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm sure the training mode will be fully featured and perfectly explain how the projectile reflepfffhfhahahahaha

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
they should have used Kate Bishop

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the characters just sound less excited/energetic in general, I wouldn't be surprised if they were under specific direction from marvel to dial down the bombastic stuff we saw in MvC3

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cool I love funcopops

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Fascinating

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i can't believe they made X just a generic melee dude after making the smash 4 Mega Man have all of his buttons as specific homages to his powers. why doesn't X have a shitload of cool special moves? where's the Triad Thunder barrier? wheres the charged Chameleon Sting super that makes him go invisible ala Chipp? wheres a Strike Chain command grab? its poo poo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fellblade posted:

Supposedly:

she's in the story mode (apparently this was mentioned in some interview), her model is in the game already as like an NPC fighter

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dias posted:

It's fun to theorize about videogames!

I think it is, at least.

For instance, I'd have to play Hulk/Haggar/Nemesis to see what they have, but for now I get the feeling you're rather pick up a 8-way dash/flight character than a big body because do they get ANYTHING to make up for lack of mobility?

they probably have more access to super armored normals or scarier command grabs or something. or at least that's what i'd give them if the order came down that i wasnt allowed to make their combos notably stronger

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Holyshoot posted:

Especially teachers unions where teachers who should clearly be fired instead get sent to a room where they sit and do nothing until the person quits. Because they can't be fired due to the union.

https://www.ascii-middle-finger.com/

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

i wish he showed how much chip this was doing since that was really a big part of why morrigan's fireballs were scary. if you can just pushblock and take 10% of your health over the entire Storm it isnt really that impressive

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
He has to reload his magnum, not other projectiles. I don't know how strong it is to compensate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
those are easter eggs

• Locked thread