Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

cool, that means now you can play them all on hard

I started playing on Hard Hidden actually :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope nier is short and breezy because I love playing through platinum games like 3 or 4 times ina row

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

it's apparently severs times longer than Rising. And if you've played nier it brought back multiple endings that you can play through, including different paths.

Oh hells yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lets hang out posted:

it took me 40 hours but i did almost every sidequest. there's a lot of charming and interesting stuff in them, they're really worth doing. it's an rpg like the first game instead of the usual platinum style. if you never played the first nier it's kind of like zelda?

I played through a few endings of Nier uhhh about two years ago now and enjoyed it immensely despite the rampant clunkiness so I've been excited beyond belief since day one of the Automata announcement

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekken - Arcade mode with Law

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

I feel like you haven't really beaten a fighting game until you finish Arcade mode with all fighters.

Yeah I probably won't include it in the year end tally but I wanted to mention somewhere in here that I tried out the PS1 version of Tekken 1. It kinda blows.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

*calls Chris Hansen, John Walsh and the FBI*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love this whole thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726087 but this post in particular is a classic to me even if it's a throwaway own: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726087&userid=210041#post446639618

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Last Guardian. What a beautiful game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dracula X: Nocturne of the Moonlight - Maria Mode (~39 minutes). Really awesome mode that's as fun as Richter but you get really epic kicks, like her dashing kick that flies all the way across the screen and one shots every enemy on the game outside of bosses.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys: Oath in Felghana (Hard, PSP Version (which is an easier game than PC version)). gently caress that final boss!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also completed the Community Center in Stardew Valley and did everything I want to and make 30k a day so I'm going to consider that beaten as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nier: Automata (Hard, Major Endings)

One of my favorite games ever probably.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i wisg capcom still made games

Capcom Rep Reports that Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite will be "simpler than SFV"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've heard Resi 7 was, at the very least, a unique game. Even if not everyone loved it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's still making me feel bad about just launching the game so it's probably the most effective game finale I've ever seen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Enjoy the best zelda game ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am pretty pumped except for the fact that Kid Link is way worse than Adult Link, but I can deal

They just give Kid Link all the same tools as adult Link which retroactively makes adult Link kind of a chump.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Nier: Automata - Platinum

This game is just devastating I need to go find something really happy to do now

How much of that was a true platinum? I'm working on it now and after I beat Emil and see all the endings the other trophies I have left like Upgrade All Pods and Weapons to Max just feel like a grind I don't care to do so I'll probably just buy those trophies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys: Memories of Celceta (Hard). According to my trophies I beat the final boss of this game on 12/26/2013 but then there's a 2 minute bit where you have to climb a mountain and destroy the Sun Mask and I guess I never did that lol. Because I only just got the trophy for beating the game today.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys Origin - Hugo, Normal. It's a good thing I played as Hugo because DotEmu are fucktards and made it so you have to beat the game twice in this new port to unlock the extra character and nightmare mode. This port kinda blows all over really, it's rife with technical problems and constant sound desync.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

dotemu fuckin sucks

they managed to make a PC game from 2006 run poorly on a modern console WOw!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Persona 5. Just kidding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Specter Knight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

parapa looks cute but i remember you could just mash kikikikikikikikiki puunch over and over when i played it, 50 years ago. dunno if i could go back to it after rhythm heaven and project miku :sihg:

It's a rhythm game where you're supposed to hit buttons constantly except when it tells you to hit buttons...it's out of control. I played the demo and it seems fine but I didn't want to pay money for 4 more songs of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

I really hope that means more of an emphasis on finding stuff and thus secrets will be harder to find. I think the only thing i didnt grab on my first run thru specter was that one heath up on plague knights stage. More stuff like that one would be cool. Anyway im pumped even though king knight seems like a weird choice from all the cast

I think it was voted on by kickstarter backers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tooie is probably the most miserable game I've ever played and 100%ed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Tooie taught young me that videogames could be bad.

I learned this lesson on renting as a kid but decades later would return to that hell because my roomies were like Banjo Tooie is amaze balls, let's 100% this game. Very unsettling week in the household

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

12.2) Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - New Game+ 0%

holy crap

:worship:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

"The Ultimate Edition doubles the size of N++, bringing the total to an unprecedented 4340 hand-crafted, finely-tuned levels."

:stare:

N++ is completely insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The opening level in Bayonetta 2 is some of the coolest poo poo ever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although I wish there was a dash...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Kind of a strange game, got a bit repetitive at times, but overall I enjoyed it. Enough to go and get the true ending which is behind a bit of fairly pointless busywork at the end.

Ive had my file stuck on the final boss rush because it ticked me off so much and idk if I'll ever finish it even though theres like 15 minutes left.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

Games I've gotten to the last boss of before abruptly stopping and never playing again
Radiant Historia [1 year since last played]
Tales of the Abyss [Approx 5 years since last played]
Metroid Fusion [Approx 7 years since last played]

Same here with Final Fantasy VIII. Approx 5 years since last played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best mission is the one in the hospital tent.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

Mission 46? it was cool doing it again, but i'd suspected what the twist was extremely early on, so that part didn't really surprise me. but it was still really cool to go back to your starting capabilities after you've become the insanely badass big boss by the end of the game. the mirror chat was neat, but was there a computer program on side b of the tape? what was the program??

also, i love how when you get an s rank in the game, kaz says "that's why you're the best boss. the one and only." i thought i remembered totally botching a mission and getting an e rank and hearing him saying "how can you even call yourself big boss" but there's nothing online about it and it's very hard to find youtube videos of people completely screwing up missions, so i might have made that up. still, the foreshadowing stuff is neat.

yes, no question

also, i think konami silently shut down the servers for the idroid app map connection halfway through my playthrough, but having hud off and no second screen map to consult actually made me a better player in the end. i think next time i play, i'll try to never look at the map at all when i'm on a mission.

the b side of the tape is the original Metal Gear data. MSX games were released on tape and that's what data sounds like put through an audio processor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wild Arms 1. Awesome game, idk if I will move onto 2 right away though. Ill check it out probably but if its too similar mechanically I may move right into 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Update to a prior entry:

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone all Charts, Modules and Accessories Unlocked. i thought Extreme would always be out of my reach but the last 50 or songs i beat on hard I cleared 90%+ on first attempt and got some perfects on the easier ones. I may be ready to try and go for a All Extreme Clear over the next few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im going to finally actualyl set up my stick and start practicing hard songs again with the arcade layout so I can become a EX Extreme Miku Master.

• Locked thread