Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

1. Metroid: Zero Mission--1/9
2. Metroid Fusion-- 1/17
3. Rhythm Thief & Emperor's Treasure-- 1/25
4. Metal Gear Solid 4-- 1/27
5. Mario's Picross-- 2/17
6. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker-- 2/18
7. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes--2/24
8. Policenauts (Saturn version)-- 3/13
9. Metal Gear Solid-- 3/17
10. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance-- 3/25
11. Steins;gate 0-- 4/1
12. Yakuza 2-- 4/22
13. Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows-- 4/24
14. Space Funeral-- 5/15
15. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain-- 5/19
16. The World Ends With You-- 5/26
17. Cyber Troopers Virtual On-- 6/2
18. Yakuza 3-- 6/9
19. Metal Gear Solid 2 HD-- 6/11
20. IA/VT Colorful-- 8/27
21. Nier Automata-- 11/4
22. Persona 4: Dancing All Night-- 11/27
23. Persona 5-- 12/16

Spoderman fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metroid Zero Mission
3:28:14, 61%

I hadn't played this game since it came out and wow it's so good. Great start to the year.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metroid Fusion

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Rhythm Thief and Emperors Treasure. Fun game, I liked the Space Channel 5 and Samba de Amigo segments best, but it made me wish I had those games on the 3ds.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metal Gear Solid 4. It was very good except for the bosses which are mostly bad. I also killed someone by accident in the last act, but I have no idea who

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Mario's Picross. I feel like a true Picross champion now.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Chico owns. Only Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain left to go... I'm not looking forward to there being no more new Metal Gears to play.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Super Fantasy Zone clear. Quest for Ki is next.

Super Fantasy Zone is incredible. Hell, all the Fantasy Zone games are.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Policenauts (Saturn version)

This was my first time playing this since the PlayStation version got translated. It doesn't hold up as well a second time, but that might be because the plot beats are all so memorable. It's still a cool game with a billion neat Kojima details and mountains of optional background text. I'll probably play Snatcher again soon so that I can play and beat all of Kojima's games in 2017.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metal Gear Solid
Hard difficulty
Code name: Mammoth

What a great game. I'm going to move on to VR Missions, which is the perfect game for a commute. After I beat that, I'll probably swing back around to MGS and see if I can get a better rank.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

At least Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter are still good... For now...

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

I think this might be my favorite Platinum game I've played yet. The combat is insanely satisfying. I just love parrying in this game.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Steins;gate 0. It's definitely worth playing if you liked the first one, but it's not really as good. Also, the Go Go Curry product placement scenes were super obnoxious. It's fine overall.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Yakuza 2

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Space Funeral

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, that dude makes insanely good games. Goblet Grotto, Rip Van Bubsy, and Murder Dog IV are all time greats.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
56% completion, 115 hours playtime.
Even though it was too short, it's still insanely good. I'll probably aim for a higher completion percentage once I get a PS4 and play through this again. Even on the crappy PS3 version, it looks like a million bucks and it's probably the greatest game ever made.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

IdealFlaws posted:

Congrats man. How did you like the last story mission?

Mission 46? it was cool doing it again, but i'd suspected what the twist was extremely early on, so that part didn't really surprise me. but it was still really cool to go back to your starting capabilities after you've become the insanely badass big boss by the end of the game. the mirror chat was neat, but was there a computer program on side b of the tape? what was the program??

also, i love how when you get an s rank in the game, kaz says "that's why you're the best boss. the one and only." i thought i remembered totally botching a mission and getting an e rank and hearing him saying "how can you even call yourself big boss" but there's nothing online about it and it's very hard to find youtube videos of people completely screwing up missions, so i might have made that up. still, the foreshadowing stuff is neat.

In Training posted:

The best mission is the one in the hospital tent.

yes, no question

also, i think konami silently shut down the servers for the idroid app map connection halfway through my playthrough, but having hud off and no second screen map to consult actually made me a better player in the end. i think next time i play, i'll try to never look at the map at all when i'm on a mission.

Spoderman fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 20, 2017

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

the b side of the tape is the original Metal Gear data. MSX games were released on tape and that's what data sounds like put through an audio processor

That owns

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

The World Ends With You.
Incredible game. It's really upsetting how after like 2008 or so, DS and 3DS games got a lot less creative in using both screens at once and the touch screen. Probably has something to do with iOS games being garbage and turning people off to touch screens in general. The early DS library is loaded with weird cool games that are overwhelming in a great way. TWEWY might be the best of the bunch.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Cyber Troopers: Virtual On

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Yakuza 3- completion level 36.4%, play time 36:45

I can't get enough of these Yakuza games. Once I play and beat 4, I won't have any choice but to buy a PS4

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD
Hard Difficulty
Code name: Mammoth

The game says I killed five people?? That's a load of crap. I even used the dull end of the sword during the arsenal gear sequence. I guess I'll just have to play again to try to go non-lethal...

Still, playing this on the Vita owns.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Dead cell members are people too.

I tranqed all of them. I want to leave no trace: this is a sneaking mission.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Maybe you accidentally snapped some necks?

That may have been it? Still, I'm going to be extra careful next time. This was my first playthrough where I've ever shaken the temptation to go lethal during arsenal gear. I'm getting there. I'll play MGS 3, then loop back to 2 and see if I can do a speedier non-lethal.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lmao that's brutal. I'm going to prop all the guards up on theirs backs next playthrough so they don't get sids

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

IA/VT Colorful. I would buy the DLC songs for this game but the Vita region system is way dumb compared to the PS3/PS4 so I guess I've beaten it. But I'll still work on my scores for this because this game is extremely fun.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

26) Resident Evil 4 (Professional mode)

I'm starting a new file immediately. RE4 is perfect

:hai: It's the best game ever made.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I liked the salon song when i first played it but yeah parappa 2 is not good. umjammer lammy is the real parappa 2

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Nier: Automata

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Persona 4 Dancing All Night. I unlocked and beat all the songs on hard mode in Free Play. I'll eventually fast forward through the story mode so I can unlock the hidden difficulty mode but I'm considering this to be beating the game.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Persona 5. Sick game with good pacing.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

It’s my GOTY

It's neck and neck with Yakuza 0 for me. But man, Persona really checks all the boxes for me. I loved Persona 4 tons, but I absolutely couldn't put 5 down. I don't think a game that long has held my undivided attention for the whole time I've played it. It's just fun to spend time in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

One of those is probably No More Heroes 3

Between portable Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3, Splatoon 2, and the prospect of NMH3, it's becoming harder and harder to not own a Switch.

• Locked thread