Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

OP as a French person l have to ask: why do you hate my country? Why must you sully the very soul of our great nation with this sub-moronic degenerate trash-fire farcical deplorable sick filth? What have we done to you? Why OP??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Original threads were a hell of a read, and now I'm thoroughly invested in the trainwreck that is the Japan French Adventures. Godspeed, hamdevilboy. :munch:

Seriously, I just want to see how far down the rabbit hole this goes.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Ayn Marx posted:

OP as a French person l have to ask: why do you hate my country? Why must you sully the very soul of our great nation with this sub-moronic degenerate trash-fire farcical deplorable sick filth? What have we done to you? Why OP??

they are role playing as japanese people. you wouldn't understand.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ayn Marx posted:

Revenge for all the Japanese people who suffered mental breakdowns because Paris is so poo poo.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Chadina posted:

Apparently they posted an update on the campaign including the juiciest part of their game, the theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgjS532bsJE

loving lmao

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh my god their new video looks actually fun and cool and good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD_JdVkIoTk

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Isn't the sequence with the dashing rogue stealing fruit while being chased by guards, going to eat the fruit and stopping due to getting horny for princesses directly ripped from Disney's Aladdin?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Isn't the sequence with the dashing rogue stealing fruit while being chased by guards, going to eat the fruit and stopping due to getting horny for princesses directly ripped from Disney's Aladdin?

I was thinking the same thing: It's almost exactly the first act of Aladdin. Only with jpop.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
28 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

31 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

3 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

5 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

6 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

7 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

Increase in amount raised between 28 December 2016 to 7 January 2017 - 0

Increase in number of backers between 28 December 2016 to 7 January 2017 - 0

No. of days left - 22

Shortfall between target and amount raised so far - $239,198

Average amount of new funds per day required to meet target - $10,872.64

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

It's kinda like what they're doing is generic tripe that has pretty much nothing to do with it's hyped-up setting.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Golden Goat posted:

Jesus christ, now look at this:

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Well, a long way to go, plus I haven't really gotten around to the panicky parts yet. Pretty happy so far though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3NGjOHsOx4
:siren: Everybody watch this video :siren:

Absolutely amazing

Palpek fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 7, 2017

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Palpek posted:

Absolutely amazing

:popeye:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Palpek posted:

Absolutely amazing

Mon dieu!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Mais oui ! C'est très bien ça !

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Golden Goat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD_JdVkIoTk

now that's what I call a juicy screenie!

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
only thing that is missing is The Most Generic Anime Jpop song to back the gameplay

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Palpek posted:

Absolutely amazing

SO good!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

hello friend how does this game's crafting work. can i make a guillotine that slices a rope and runs a breaking wheel over my enemies

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

The devs don't like the G-word, friendo

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

The devs don't like the G-word, friendo

yeah its pretty obvious they don't like games

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
This isn't a place where persistently opening and closing the same thread when we poo poo on you and your ugly non-game is welcomed.
How many times do you think this pattern is going to repeat? you can block people & say "i caaan't heeeaaarr youuu, nyaanyaanyaaa", but you are a shoal of incompetences. you want us to react differently : get less poo poo.
Also http://world.secondlife.com/place/602a41ff-4972-d994-286e-4cab27e1e126

"Some legitimate questions and comments were made here in the past week or so. But finding them among all of the crap posts in this thread, has turned out to be a difficult task and completely time-wasting.
Thus, I have decided to create a new thread for people who actually want to get informed about the development of Thermidor.

We are a small team based in Tokyo, trying our absolute hardest to create this JRPG, and we will continue working hard until it is complete.
I have never in my life dealt with so many insults, and some where just downright hurtful.
But as an adult man, I choose to try and ignore them, and continue with the task in hand."
If you can't take the banter, maybe stick to facebook.

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 7, 2017

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

second life still exists ? huh

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Yeah I was pretty surprised as well, perhaps hyperpusbox should try peddling their idea for a anime filled misadventure featuring the cast of "rapezombies from hell" shoehorned into a tavern sim, there.

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 7, 2017

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

That'd be worth a whole heap of lindens!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Well, that teaches me to go opening vaguely descriptive URLs on the work WiFi.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Honest question:
How did you manage to make your project so fractally poo poo like yours? It's like every tiny facet of your game is just as poo poo as the whole project, it's kind of amazing.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
This thread was funny and I liked forward to it with great anticipation every day in hopes of some words from OP.

Now it's lame and should be closed because it has turned from good natured guillotine jokes to incomprehensible angry people.

Like why are you legitimately getting angry in this thread? If you find yourself making angry words in the Thermidor thread you have missed the point.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
The only people that seem angry are the ones legitimately trying to help him

The lesson here should be to never help people

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

This thread needs to stay open until at least the IGG deadline so we can get the 4 paragraph meltdown post nougat in the center of this fecally-themed candy bar.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Imagine eating so much poo poo you're the poor unqualified fucker who has to try and drum up interest for this game, though

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Stumpus posted:

This thread was funny and I liked forward to it with great anticipation every day in hopes of some words from OP.

Now it's lame and should be closed because it has turned from good natured guillotine jokes to incomprehensible angry people.

Like why are you legitimately getting angry in this thread? If you find yourself making angry words in the Thermidor thread you have missed the point.
This thread should continue because it is p. much the longest available discussion thread on Thermidor: The Tactical JRPG on the internet.
We are the only people even vaguely interested in it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stumpus posted:

gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Watch your language in this thread.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

they're up to $1002 now, so they're doing something right

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
Congratulations on reaching a fourth digit, Hyperdevbox! Might I suggest putting a link to your crowdfunding campaign in the OP of this thread? It might give you enough exposure to break 1%!

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

hyperdevbox posted:

There might be some connections to real historical events, but at the moment we are focusing more about the story of the two main characters and their adventures together.

The OP has a lot of choice posts in these threads, by this is my favorite part by far. Why would you go out of your way to advertise that you are setting your game in a specific time period, but then not make any connections to historical events in its storyline? I'm a huge history nerd and I love to throw my money away when it comes to things even vaguely historical, so this part just stood out like a sore thumb to me.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Historical accuracy is the 300k stretch goal.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Is this stickied ironically?

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Despera posted:

Is this stickied ironically?

How dare you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

hyperdevbox posted:

The person you are referring to was not Ron, I am. And I have no problem handling criticism.

In all seriousness though, this post from OP answers your question.

• Locked thread