Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I still think you're not showing what anyone is actually looking for in preview content and just ignoring advice you don't like. That's no way to run a kickstarter or successful game project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Saxophone posted:

Holy poo poo have you seen the reddit post and the responses?

https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/5jpais/thermidor_jrpg_by_hyperdevbox_japan/

My god. This guy has the thinnest skin I've seen on a dev.

Pretty much every forum said the same things or completely ignored it. Except for SA.

But we know that is because SA has true jrpg fans unlike Reddit and everywhere else.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

GunnerJ posted:

Eh, in 1789 it wasn't that scary or violent.

By 1794 though, when the eponymous 9 Thermidor coup happened, it was really goddamn scary. So I am expecting the finale to this series to be a nightmarish loving whirlwind of escalating violence. (jk, I'm expecting it to never come out.)

Don't forget this is supposed to be a love story.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I hope when this is all said and done his final words can ring true.

Let them eat urinal cake.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Your exciting demo battle is like the slowest thing I've ever seen ever. This is supposed to get people excited while looking attractive and cool? You should really take a step back and look at how long it takes to go through a turn as fast as you possibly can because holy poo poo that looks painful for one turn of movement, never mind actual combat. That is the majority of your game. You're expecting players to do that for thousands of turns across the game. You can't make that look amazing if your life depended on it.

Every single post seems to go back to the same problem each and every time. Just under all the generic anime curtains, the actual game you are trying to pitch to people looks terrible. You don't need any experience beyond "has played a strategy rpg before" to see something is really wrong with that gameplay. It's just that what everyone is saying here is just the most basic aspects of game design. People just shouldn't have to explain any of this and being hyper defensive just makes it look worse.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

sethsez posted:

Instead they showed up with barely nothing and a shitload of attitude. Most intelligent devs at this point would either ditch the community entirely as a lost cause, or, if they're determined to stay, rise above the insults because they're trying to sell themselves to the community, so insulting the community isn't going to achieve anything other than wasting everyone's time. Like... cool HyperDevBox, you called someone a dick. What does that do to progress you toward your goal here at all?

Oh that's an easy one to understand. A quick google search gives the answer that these topics have been the only place to actually pay any attention to the project at all. All of the other forums either completely ignored it or had one guy saying looks bad. Ron was naive enough to fall for the fake compliments in the beginning and now is stuck with the only semblance of a community around the game being a bunch of people trying to explain why it's so bad.

Any attention is better than complete indifference.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

And at least halve the target.

Not that he can read this.

Oh please you know that there's no way he actually blocked anyone. He's too desperate for attention.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

avoraciopoctules posted:

These French Revolution history posts are really interesting, thanks for taking the time!

Also more work than all of hyperdevbox's work on making their concept historically accurate.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Hal_2005 posted:

Has this game failed yet?

If they keep extending the deadline then they will reach their goal in a quick 11700 days! That's only 32.5 years until they get to make this awesome game!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

No you'll see all of those fans that totally exist for this game that no ones ever heard of will just flock in right at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Well clearly this whole situation delivered entirely. Nice job hyberdembox.

• Locked thread