Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

hyperdevbox posted:

One of the biggest suggestions/complaints about Thermidor, was the 3D characters in the dialogue screen. And we are now actually working on changing it completely!

Really? That is the biggest complaint you have currently accepted about Thermidor...

Instead of blaming others and taking everything as a personal insult maybe consider a concept called constructive criticism. I mean really you have argued with some people here who develop games for a living and were trying to help you. You've been willing to tell an AAA game dev that you know better than they do it. Your $800 bucks on kickstarter sure proves that...

"hyperdevbox posted:

But as an adult man, I choose to try and ignore them, and continue with the task in hand.

A real "adult" is someone mature enough to not be personally mentally heartbroken over internet horseplay and jokes.
A mature person is willing to take constructive criticism and willing to learn from her mistakes and most importantly be willing to admit they are wrong and own up to their mistakes.

Anyway time for you to be an "adult" and put any opinion you don't like on to the ignore list.
Jokes aren't an adult thing they are they? Oh dear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

hyperdevbox posted:

Can you please tell me the difference between these two comments -
"Your game seems to be lacking a lot of bla bla and I think you should bla bla"
"Your game is poo poo. gently caress you OP"

Person 1 will get a reply no matter what he says.
Person 2 will get ignored.

For person 1 There's a difference between replying and having an actual dialogue. You only want to hear your opinion. When given to suggestions contrary to that you avoid and defect. Life isn't an echo chamber of approval and agreement and the only way you are going to find that online is to create your own forum and private small echo chamber.

For person 2 Most posters aren't saying that directly. If you were that hated you would have been banned here by now. What your comment shows me is that you are insecure about this game. If you want to share or present any idea, you have to be open to being attacked or criticized especially online. This is something you need to learn to accept and just deal with. EVERY developer gets criticized and attacked it's part of the job. The fact that you have to ignore comments shows they bother you when it shouldn't. Who cares what idiots online think? Why let that get to you.

My feedback to you is: Really the biggest problem with your campaign/game is there is nothing to show. If you had a working demo or anything of substance there could be a discussion but all we have a few screenshots and that's it.

If you want to be really be taken seriously provide a playable demo or heck even a 30 minute gameplay video but there's no substance here. Unless your name is Chris Roberts, you can't expect get 250,000 off an idea only without showing working gameplay. [/serious]

Anyway I kinda want this mini-guillotine but $20 is a little too much would be cool though.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Axetrain posted:

You know the French revolution wasn't a whimsical adventure and actually was super violent and terrifying right?

How dare you suggest over 40,000 people were executed by being beheaded. :mad: The french revolution was a peaceful time where Marie Antoinette calmed the country of France by giving cake to needy peasants, many fun hijinks were had by all.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
No it's you that is being mean and hurtful. You should show more respect and be polite to the developers of Thermidor who have deigned to grace this dead gay forum with their glorious presence.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I wonder if the other 3 members of hyberdevbox are aware of how much their music/PR guy is screwing up their campaign. Are the other guys in the company reading our posts? Maybe ron is like the typical loser at work and even the guys in his own company are laughing at him behind his back...

Can a person rightly be called "CEO" of a four person company?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Why don't you just make an anime instead of a game? What I'm seeing now is a pitch for a kickstarter anime movie but not so much a game.

Palpek posted:

Dear hyperdevbox, as a moderator of this place I'd like to ask you to give me a list of all people who controlled the Something Awful user account of Hyperdevbox, preferably with a timeline. It's an official request for statistical purposes. Thank you.

I like to imagine Special Agent Dale Cooper somehow ended up as an SA mod during his time in the black lodge.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I am always game for long winded historical posts!

:hfive:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

GunnerJ posted:

You know, as far as I can tell, it's possible that the OP has no affiliation with HDB at all. Like this could just be some kind of performance art.

I want to believe but faking the kickstarter page and youtube would be too much. Unless Hyperdevbox as company has nothing to do with the OP and he's just posting their lousy idea on SA for attention and to take credit for it? :tinfoil:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Kelp Me! posted:

lmao if you go to their website on the about page

SOME OF OUR KEY PARTNERS

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Firestone
Nvidia
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Google
Apple

I refuse to believe that hyperdevbox are not Key Partners with Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Apple, and Google. :ohdear: I trust hyperD and know they would be nothing but fully honest with us. :yayclod:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Much like Thermidor, Fructidor isn't working for me. I'm getting message failed to open descriptor file .../.../.../Fruidor.upproject' :smith:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Stumpus posted:

I need a response from Ron on the state of this thread. What will he say? What will he do? Is he real?

Ron your literal only fans are right here in this thread are you abandoning us and Thermidor?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Vermain posted:

It's not uncommon for developers to repeatedly donate small amounts to themselves on Kickstarters/IndieGogo/whatever in order to give the impression of interest in a product.

So it's possible hyperdev has really generated no income at all from this failed attempt and would really be at $0 if they weren't donating to their own campaign...

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

JosephWongKS posted:

FUNDS RAISED BY THERMIDOR ON INDIEGOGO
23 January 2017 - $1317 USD raised by 32 backers / 0.55% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

24 January 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

25 January 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

26 January 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

27 January 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

28 January 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

29 January 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

30 January 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

31 January 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

1 February 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

2 February 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

3 February 2017 - $1367 USD raised by 33 backers / 0.57% of $240,000 fixed goal

Well at there's proof that Ron being gone has affected funding. 11 whole days without a single donation. Come on Ron don't you want to at least hit $2,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Bye Ron and remember everything posted here about hyperdevbox will remain forever and you can't close or delete it. :france:

Adieu

:thermidor:

• Locked thread