Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Golden Goat posted:

Oh my god their new video looks actually fun and cool and good
Jesus christ, now look at this:

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Well, a long way to go, plus I haven't really gotten around to the panicky parts yet. Pretty happy so far though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3NGjOHsOx4
:siren: Everybody watch this video :siren:

Absolutely amazing

Palpek fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Star Citizen's kickstarter had a 10k top backer tier. Thermidor - Tactical JRPG: The Juicy Screenies has a 35k tier, now this is podracing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

AC: Unity was so true to the source material that the devs actually removed the protagonist's ability to pet dogs in-game because as everybody knows the French hate everything that is good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

JosephWongKS posted:

That's not true since the French liked guillotines which are good.
Well, guess what's currently banned both in France and in certain JRPGs.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Fun fact: the last public execution via guillotine in France was in 1939 and one of the people who witnessed it was Christopher Lloyd. The French continued to use this method of execution in government facilities until 1977 which is way closer to modern times than I expected.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, I know. Before smoking one I always pretend the cigar is sentenced to death by the other cigars in the box that serve as a jury. Little do they know that their days are also numbered.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ayn Marx posted:

Let's make this a goon project, I can provide hilariously French-accented voiceovers for all ze characters
*imagines 4 heads on the edge of a cliff*

...and this, my darling, is Le Zybourne Chop

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Dear hyperdevbox, as a moderator of this place I'd like to ask you to give me a list of all people who controlled the Something Awful user account of Hyperdevbox, preferably with a timeline. It's an official request for statistical purposes. Thank you.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yo, Fructidor is shaping up to be a monster and the author is looking for goon devs now:

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Next iteration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tOfJQOacGM

Now I just gotta implement some scoring/progress and make it fun to play.

Also, I might need someone to help out with the following, since I've realized I need all the time I have to finish the gameplay:

-Art (3D Fruits , Environment, 2D/UI Graphics)
-Sound Effects
-Music

PM me if you're interested!

Maybe you could PM him hyperdevbox - it looks like the music+sound effects position on that project could be right up your alley.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

This is gold.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

To be more precise - it's a lever of a guillotine's mechanism:

Nah, just messing with you - this wouldn't be in the game as guillotines didn't have levers until the XXth century.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Considering that one of the major causes of the French Revolution was widespread hunger - the fact that the protagonist steals an apple in the intro of the game like it's a :nyoron: thing to do actually feels like a provocation.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The main point that people itt have been trying to make the devs understand is that what kills games (or in fact design overall) is the lack of consistency. That's the entire reason why the guillotine jokes just can't go away but sadly hyperdevbox just doesn't get it and only sees the basic layer of juvenile humor.

The pitch of this game is that it's set at the beginning of The French Revolution BUT it's a non-violent version in order to sell the product to a kids. This just doesn't compute, it's madness. The devs defend the act of removing violence from an incredibly bloody historical period of time citing historical accuracy while at the same time they have cross-wielding nuns, characters and objects borrowed freely from other historical periods and then they actually piss all over The French Revolution and its profounditiy.

I don't know, maybe they're realising their ultimate hosed up fantasy and we should expect a family-friendly Thermidor 2 set in Cambodja juuuust before the Khmer Rouge took over and then approved-for-kids Thermidor 3 set in Ukraine juuuust before Holodomor.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Reiterpallasch posted:

Well, it's the weekend right now, so why not.
Cool post, thanks!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

As the OP seems to be absent again, this is now the Fructidor: Juicy Fruities OFFICIAL RELEASE THREAD!

You can play the game here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tiyod8lil0bm81a/Fructidor.zip?dl=0

The game has 25 waves, after which you will learn a SECRET PASSWORD! The first 3 people to PM me said password will get any game of their choice below €10 on steam.
This is great, cheers on making a cool game :moonrio:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

As promised earlier kukrunkarmaskin you're getting either a big av or a custom platinum icon out of this. I've sent you the details via PM.

Also you should totally develop this further, it has a lot of potential.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I guess there's only one thing left to say:

:thermidor:

Thanks for uploading it FAU.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I think a mistake was made because apparently the OP closed this thread but I'm sure it was just an accident as the crowdfunding campaign is still going strong. I'm opening it again for further discussion.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

super sweet best pal posted:

If Therm's indiegogo continued indefinitely, how long would it take to finish assuming it kept getting money at roughly the same pace?
They could potentially reach $1,500 roughly a month since the campaign started which means they'd need another 159 months to reach $240,000. This is equal to 13 more years which is 3 years more than how long the French Revolultion lasted.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

this is a stickup posted:

Story, 2 days ago early morning i tested thermidor, So about a 2 hours in and im just sitting on my carpet staring at it, watching the anime, then i see a big rear end guillotine(about 1.5 meters large)in the corner of my eye, didnt think anything of it, i honestly thought is was not real because it was a glowing pink color, then i felt a tickle on my right side and then a pinch.
i got up so drat fast that i almost tripped, after that lil stumble i thought i was dying from guillotine venom that just entered me and it scared the living poo poo outa me, i look on the floor to see if the guillotine is still around and i could of sworn i loving saw like 300 baby guillotines, so i ran to my living room couch and laid down into a fetal position and started to repeat "im okay" for a very long time as my dogs tried to hump me, the funny part was chant du départ was playing the whole time on a loop
After the revolution was over i went to a doc and he gave me a antianime. I mean the revolution dont sound that insane, i bet the whole nightmare part lasted a hour before i calmed myself down, but it felt like ages and i thought i was ganna die. Now i get anxiety before i sleep because that guillotine is still lurking in my room, i was thinking about using cakes for that, because im trying to avoid fruits because my area had high rear end prices per piece and dont do bulk

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm actually keeping the thread open because I want to learn more about the French Revolution. Where's Reiterpallasch? He promised to tell us how "they absolutely, definitely, 100% are stupid enough" and I'm hanging here on the edge of my seat.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's coming from the GBS Photoshop Games into Movies thread:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The thread was mysteriously closed for some reason but this time the OP was also changed hmm.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

And to think I was in talks with my bank to save Thermidor at the very last minute like a guardian angel for what would have been the biggest comedic twist in the history of the website. $250,000 for comedy but hell some people in history paid a bigger price. What will I do with all this cash just lying around now?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Goons, if you want to post in this thread you need to do it as fast as possible in order to snipe the small time frames in-between all the silent thread closing/opening battles that are being fought. It's a vicious war between a guy and his own hand being forced to slap his face.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also for the record, even I don't know what's going on here:

This is just a part of this thread's history, you have to scroll like 3 pages to see all of it, I've never seen anything like this. Anyway, as evidenced, except for that top entry the OP was having a thread opening/closing battle with himself. I guess this is one of those nature's unexplainable mysteries.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

How long (according to timestamps) were the Ron's stuck in this existential hell Palpek?
I can only tell you that between my reopening the thread during my last post and me reopening it now (so in the span of roughly 3.5 hours) hyperdevbox closed and reopened the thread 7 times.

My theory is that there are 2 devs simultaneously logged in on 2 computers clicking the same button at the same time without reloading the page first and not realizing that they're fighting eachother which is the most hilarious proof of account sharing I've ever seen.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

We will take it to the barricades to fight for the freedom of posting in the Thermidor thread.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*

The king is mad, we will fight for the freedom of our beloved country: the Thermidor thread.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*

We will erect one guillotine for every closure of the Thermidor thread. We will not stand for this absolutism.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*

Heads will roll for this, the king's trial is underway as we speak.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*

To give you a hint on what's going on in the Mo-Mos' headquarters right now I give you the painting depicting what was going on when the jury was debating whether King Louis XVI is guilty or not:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Kelp Me! posted:

well maybe if he wasn't probated Ron could explain himself :colbert:
*reopens thread*

I'd like to point out that in order to honor the historical accuracy of the beloved Thermidor game, the OP must be kept imprisoned until the verdict is reached.

In the meantime another guillotine has been raised:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*

I will not be silenced by a mad king who wants to stop me from spreading the word on how amazing Thermidor: The Beginning will be!!!

Thermidor thread right now:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*

I just want everybody to know that Thermidor will be one of the greatest JRPGs of human time on this Earth and mad king Hyperdevbox the XVIth (judging from the number of people sharing the account) won't stop the Thermidor revolution!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*

No kings no masters! Thermidor will prevail! A guillotine for everyone!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*reopens thread*