Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The "Dynamic Awareness System" sounds like you just implemented attacks of opportunity from pen and paper RPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Even the new Shadowrun games are using the overwatch system.

Please tell me the weaponry system doesn't just mean you've put in durability.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Crazy Achmed posted:

Yep, you are totally correct. I mention shadow watch as it's a particularly extreme example of this leading to half-baked gameplay: the player characters (and enemies alike) had relatively few hit points - you could only take two or three bullets before being very dead - and because of this it was almost impossible to enter a room with just a couple of guards watching the doors. Most maps were best handled by finding a way to manipulate the enemy AI to come to you, or finding a way to operate extremely stealthily. I'm wondering if the OP will comment on how their system will avoid this kind of gameplay problem.

Not answering for them but I figure they're not going for the difficult style of gameplay Shadow Watch & Xcom has. I reckon most characters can last a lot more then a few hits so every battle doesn't turn into luring people into overdeath rooms.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Should we take bets on if they hit 1% by the end of the campaign?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think we should make a new Thermidor thread.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Has anybody played any of their other games?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Will there be multiple endings to this game? I imagine the bad end will have the main character dragged to the guillotine by a mob of angry peasants.

That's the good ending.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh my god their new video looks actually fun and cool and good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD_JdVkIoTk

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Palpek posted:

Jesus christ, now look at this:

:siren: Everybody watch this video :siren:

Absolutely amazing

SO good!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Show us more 3D models.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh man he even made it look more anime!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Crazy Achmed posted:

Also, is that a sketch of Armandine threatening her captor with a sword? I wasn't aware that two-handed swords were still in use during the French revolution - and nobody trained in fencing would ever two-hand a one-handed weapon like an infantry sabre/spadroon/etc. They also wouldn't be standing with their body squared towared their opponent... unless she's got her hands on a Japanese katana somehow and is also skilled with that?

It's a stick

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

Idea: somehow make the lava lamp a guillotine.

Some sort of sci-fi guillotine, where you insert your head into the lamp and a color blob just engulfs it and pops the head right off.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cool now get rid of all the 3D stuff.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Must have been old rules:
https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/216112178

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's not your thread anymore PossibleRon.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sole.Sushi posted:

I wonder how many people are referring this game and saying "DO NOT INVEST IN THIS HOT GARBAGE."

Just refer them to this thread instead.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think somebody's hacked HDB and is trying to shut down their campaign thread.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You should punish them for such a offense!

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Ron you should come post here again, I would love to hear your thoughts on Fructidor - A playable game set in the French Revolution.

I want to hear this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Current discussion: Man I'm so glad that lovely Fructidor clone with the anime failed it's indiegogo.

• Locked thread