Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

haljordan posted:

Don't worry we'll save some cash by using prison labor, which some law enforcement officials have offered:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a52073/inmates-build-mexican-wall/

Can you politely decline hard labor and just spend all day in your cell being a lazy piece of poo poo? I think that would be my preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Condiv posted:

no, it could lead to you getting solitary. meanwhile your labor goes to profit all kinds of businesses. it's literally modern slave labor

I'm fine with solitary as long as I can NEET it up. I just wouldn't want them adding onto my sentence or anything.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Solitary is considered torture because it drives people insane. Social isolation is psychologically devastating to the point that the rest of the world considers solitary confinement to be a level of torture you just don't do. There are also all sorts of other punishments you can get if you refuse the prison slave labor. Things like not being eligible for parole by some strange mystery I don't know how that happened! or extra time. Some prisons even charge you for being there so if you can't pay you have to work buuuuuuuut it just so happens that the only job available to you, as a prisoner, is $1.25/hour work for whoever is paying the prison this week.

Then if you refuse to work you end up with a ginormous debt to your name which you will never, ever pay off.

This isn't making the US prison system sound very appealing.

• Locked thread