Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Cobra_Commander posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/index.html

did rednecks actually believe Mexico would be paying for this poo poo? My taxes better not go up because of this stupid wall that anyone with a ladder or shovel could get past.

I wouldn't worry about the ladders and shovels. The sentry guns can take those out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

boner confessor posted:

this wouldn't include eminent domain costs for the land near the border which would have to be purchased and vacated

You could set the turrets up along already publicly owned easements for power lines and just hook 'em up. If you fire over someone else's property you're only using the airspace so as long as Trump can get an FAA license for that he should be golden.

OwlFancier posted:

So, if the US/Mexico border is 3201km long, and we space the guns every 2.5km in order for them to be able to cover an area in front of the wall at maximum spacing, that puts the cost of the robo-annihilation wall at $256,080,000 for the guns alone.

Looks like the air force is going to be getting 2,500 and a half F-35s.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Holy poo poo I was 100% positive this had to be shopped til I saw you could click on it.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

haljordan posted:

I'm gonna set the over/under on the number of miles of wall that actually gets built at 100.5

My money's on 1488 miles being completed.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Extensive Vamping posted:

Incidentally, a wall will not affect airplanes which make up the majority of illegal entry.

I didn't know that! Is this a case of people flying in legally then overstaying their visas?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

PT6A posted:

Yes, or doing things not permitted by their visas. Unsurprisingly, this makes up the vast majority of illegal immigration from countries other than Mexico (and probably from Mexico too, but I don't have the numbers). And yet, inexplicably, Trump voters get most upset about undocumented Mexican and Central American immigrants, and not so much about Canadians or Europeans. I wonder... I wonder what it could be...

Oh there's plenty of "a culture that's too different can't assimilate!" (while simultaneously considering Asian-Americans to be high achievers, go figure) but alot of it has to do with where most of the migrants are coming from. If millions of Europeans were coming over and taking Rust Belt jobs they'd be hated too.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

the FBI on 9/10/01 posted:

Why would you fly an airplane into something that's already on the ground?

• Locked thread