Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
trump made a lot of obvious, blatant lies in the course of his campaign and they'll get sorted out in time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OwlFancier posted:

Most real life antipersonnel sentry guns seem to have about a 3km acquisition range, varying between day and night.

The samsung model supposedly costs $200,000 per unit.

So, if the US/Mexico border is 3201km long, and we space the guns every 2.5km in order for them to be able to cover an area in front of the wall at maximum spacing, that puts the cost of the robo-annihilation wall at $256,080,000 for the guns alone.

this wouldn't include eminent domain costs for the land near the border which would have to be purchased and vacated

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gringostar posted:

I mean no one had any reason to think that a serial liar and narcissist wasn't telling the truth during his campaign.

well, there's the desperate, the stupid, the spiteful, etc.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kilano posted:

It's always been the plan to make mexico pay for the wall after the fact.

He's still an idiot but cmon now

normally when people say "i'm going to order a pizza and steve will pay for it" what they dont really mean is "i'm going to order a pizza, pay for it, and then beg steve to reimburse me"

of course he backpedaled on the details after his embarassing trip to mexico but the language he's used was always a very forceful and blatant lie

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Hate to play retard's advocate here, but I feel like this is not gonna shock Trump supports very much. Many of them are probably satisfied with paying for it, as long as it gets done and consider all that Mexico bullying to be just the cherry on top.

Also, many people don't see a difference between Mexico paying up front or getting billed later and won't see this as Trump breaking his promise. In 8 years, Trump will still be "negotiating" with Mexico and his promise will still not be considered broken.

I feel like he is gonna come out this totally clean.

most of these people dont know there's already a border wall between us and mexico

• Locked thread