Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Don't worry we'll save some cash by using prison labor, which some law enforcement officials have offered:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a52073/inmates-build-mexican-wall/

haljordan fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Volcott posted:

Can you politely decline hard labor and just spend all day in your cell being a lazy piece of poo poo? I think that would be my preference.

Uh I'm sorry you clearly didn't read the article because these lucky prisoners will be learning valuable life skills:

some dickhead posted:

Aside from learning and perfecting construction skills, the symbolism of these inmates building a wall to prevent crime in communities around the country, and to preserve jobs and work opportunities for them and other Americans upon release, can be very powerful.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Hate to play retard's advocate here, but I feel like this is not gonna shock Trump supports very much. Many of them are probably satisfied with paying for it, as long as it gets done and consider all that Mexico bullying to be just the cherry on top.

Also, many people don't see a difference between Mexico paying up front or getting billed later and won't see this as Trump breaking his promise. In 8 years, Trump will still be "negotiating" with Mexico and his promise will still not be considered broken.

I feel like he is gonna come out this totally clean.

From what I can tell, most of his supporters haven't batted an eye at his complete failure to "drain the swamp." Unless by "drain the swamp" he meant "drain it, and then fill it even more with the same exact kind of poo poo, if not worse." So yeah, there really is no convincing some people. I just wonder how much longer they'll keep blaming Obama for everything.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'm gonna set the over/under on the number of miles of wall that actually gets built at 100.5

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Acid Haze posted:

I'm kind of hoping that Trump builds the wall. Mainly so that it could be blown up/sabotaged and never completed. Why?

Because X Trillion dollars is worth it if Trump voters can have a visual referance for their stupidity in the future. A big, broken, blackened, smoking Trump analog that will be the bulwark of his legacy.

Isn't the giant eminent domain grab necessary to complete that project similar to why those moron ranchers were committing their federal crimes during their "occupation" a few months back? Hope they band together to protest Tru.....ahahaha yeah right I can't even finish that sentence without laughing.

• Locked thread