Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
There was, like, one pre-release trailer that said something about you waking up at the start of the game with amnesia. People take that, and the fact that the summons being ON the clinic bed you start the game on and having your name on it, to mean you had the summons with you when you came to Yarnham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That is the logical explanation. It's also not outside the realm of possibility that the summons just... finds you. It's addressed to you, and so through unknown means, it got to where it needed to go for you to find it. The whole castle segment is Bloodborne's obligatory "weird mystical stuff that doesn't need to make sense" section. Everything in Cainhurst is just a little bit more magical/out of touch than Bloodborne usually gets imo.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Honestly the thing about the Summons that gets me is that you cannot pick it up early, it's literally not possible. Which suggests to me that it wasn't in the room in the first place, and honestly there's a pretty easy way for it to have gotten to the clinic. Cainhurst is full of actual flying gargoyles after all. There is another, although very unlikely, way the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst might have done it.

There's a few other reasons I don't like the suggestion it came with us when we arrived, firstly we know why the player character was in Yharnam, supposedly, they had an incurable illness and wanted some of the miracle healing blood.

But it's not impossible, and it is an alternate reason for coming to Yharnam in all fairness, it just doesn't explain why we get a blood transfusion upon arriving instead of actually heading towards Cainhurst Castle, which the letter clearly explains the path to.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
The Wheel is one of my favorite weapons in the game. It's so much fun to use.

Always be Strength/Arcane.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Good Lord you murdered Logarius. Parrying is the key to doing really well against him, but that's usually easier said than done. You're just insanely good at it.

You did so much damage that he skipped the power-up move and just went straight to the second phase - which means that he doesn't have an aura around him which he'll usually get from the charge-up, and that aura will prevent bullets from hitting him (it happened in your first try, I think). That made the fight even more of a slaughter!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Dunno if you've been informed or come across it yet, but Queenly Flesh does indeed have a purpose.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There's only one non-key item that actually does nothing and is just there as a trophy for you to carry around, and it's the reward for completing the chalice dungeons. Funnily enough, Dark Souls 3 recently reintroduced that with the covenant in the final DLC except the item gives you a passive, permanent boost to your stamina regen!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Seeing CJacobs post here reminds me, we had a duel a few days after the Cainhurst session.

Simply Simon posted:

Good Lord you murdered Logarius. Parrying is the key to doing really well against him, but that's usually easier said than done. You're just insanely good at it.

You did so much damage that he skipped the power-up move and just went straight to the second phase - which means that he doesn't have an aura around him which he'll usually get from the charge-up, and that aura will prevent bullets from hitting him (it happened in your first try, I think). That made the fight even more of a slaughter!

Yeah, I replayed most of the game on the side not too long after this with a Str/Arc build and throughout I kept wishing I had RGretta's stat loadout because parries are my bread and butter and I'm not nearly as good at the game if I'm not tearing out some poor fool's guts every few minutes. It made Logarius a much harder fight!

tiistai posted:

Dunno if you've been informed or come across it yet, but Queenly Flesh does indeed have a purpose.

Yeah, we'll be seeing that in maybe a month or so?

Edit:

CJacobs posted:

Currently getting crazy owned by Chaos Argate in PVP, help

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 8, 2017

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Holy poo poo, that was an amazing set of duels.

I loved the music you added, too.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

so the wheel is pretty much the bonewheel from dark souls, right? Right?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

Holy poo poo, that was an amazing set of duels.

I loved the music you added, too.

You can thank CJakes for that, it was his idea to use Dynamite Headdy songs!

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Fun fact: I believe it says somewhere that that hunter lady you murdered is named Yuria.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Fun fact: I believe it says somewhere that that hunter lady you murdered is named Yuria.

It's 'Yurie' in this one (per the guide book), but yep, there's your obligatory Yuria reference. :v:

She's purdy

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
It is always a delight to see the differences in how people handle - or don't handle - the squid boys.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
oh god that was a lot of spiders

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ah, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the Bloody Crow just like everyone does the first time they meet him. That one attempt was really close, though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Ah, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the Bloody Crow just like everyone does the first time they meet him. That one attempt was really close, though.

I have an even closer one! gently caress that guy!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Say, there seems to be something missing here.

Where's the special commentary version, Argate? :colbert:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ChaosArgate posted:

I have an even closer one! gently caress that guy!

Holy poo poo!

That ain't right. You totally had him.

Edit: Get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

That must have been very, very satisfying.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

liquidypoo posted:

Say, there seems to be something missing here.

Where's the special commentary version, Argate? :colbert:

Fine, fine, here.

Bloody Crow of Cainhurst: Alt Audio edition

Shei-kun posted:

Holy poo poo!

That ain't right. You totally had him.

Edit: Get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

That must have been very, very satisfying.

I was so upset when I recorded the first run on that video, holy poo poo. I think that was the run just before the actual winning one too. It happened again to me last night in Persona 5, where I got a boss to just a tiny sliver of health and then it one-shot me from full HP and killed that run. :negative:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Arcane builds make fighting Amy nigh effortless.

The whip is a good choice though; really good for reaching those weak points.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
The whip is loving perfect for Amy, I have no idea what your co-commentors were on about!

Though it IS also really great to shoot her in the face with a cannon. I did that my first kill and it loving owned so much.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I've seen those two mooks kill the Tentacle Faced Axe Man before.

If they attack before it does, and stagger themselves to keep up the stunlock, they can do it pretty easily.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yo your LP got me to give this game another shot and it turns out it's the best Souls game there is, so thanks for that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Yo your LP got me to give this game another shot and it turns out it's the best Souls game there is, so thanks for that.

Glad to hear it! This game is fantastic and if I can convince anyone to give it a look, I've done my job well.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
This LP needs more love in general. Who doesn't like having two friends cracking wise about their skills while playing a difficult game blind?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Casnorf's audio for this session is a little funky because his Audacity picked up a webcam microphone or something instead of his Yeti and we didn't realize it until the next session.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Just pretend I'm old and out of touch and not at all the sort of guy who'd forget to hit the record button when recording for an LP it took weeks to get everyone together for.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I don't think Liquidy is capable of giving a non-super-enthusiastic :yeah:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So is there a lore reason for the werewolves' eyes glowing blue, or is it just to indicate that they're tougher?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

White Coke posted:

So is there a lore reason for the werewolves' eyes glowing blue, or is it just to indicate that they're tougher?

As you may recall Darkbeast Paarl is a giant skeleton werewolf made of blue bolts of lightning, and in general the more advanced forms of the beast plague tend to have electricity powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

• Locked thread