Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm pretty sure I only guest on other people's let's plays so I can incriminate myself by saying terrible things.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Currently getting crazy owned by Chaos Argate in PVP, help

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, chaos argate has beaten up what basically amounts to a person in a wheelchair, by which I mean me. 30 levels below him having speedran my way all the way to where he is in the game (outside the lp) in an hour-ish, he defeated me in man-to-crippled-man combat. Thrice. He really just can't get enough of beating up cripples, that Chaos Argate. I shake my head at you. So disappointed. Just utterly crushed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehkjpy8j4oY

I decided to advertise this LP to the people who are subscribed to my channel and Chaos Argate gave me the perfect audio clip to use

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The house has gained pane-sight, it's got ~windows on the inside~

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
We haven't seen my favorite arcane tool yet. Arcane owns, it's great for melting bosses. Standard enemies go down in about the same amount of hits no matter how you build your character which is a shame.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That is the logical explanation. It's also not outside the realm of possibility that the summons just... finds you. It's addressed to you, and so through unknown means, it got to where it needed to go for you to find it. The whole castle segment is Bloodborne's obligatory "weird mystical stuff that doesn't need to make sense" section. Everything in Cainhurst is just a little bit more magical/out of touch than Bloodborne usually gets imo.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There's only one non-key item that actually does nothing and is just there as a trophy for you to carry around, and it's the reward for completing the chalice dungeons. Funnily enough, Dark Souls 3 recently reintroduced that with the covenant in the final DLC except the item gives you a passive, permanent boost to your stamina regen!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Fun fact: I believe it says somewhere that that hunter lady you murdered is named Yuria.

It's 'Yurie' in this one (per the guide book), but yep, there's your obligatory Yuria reference. :v:

She's purdy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiboHWwr12M

The music for the Living Failures fuckin' owns. The way they timed it so that it reaches the peak of the second phase of the song when they all do their "gently caress this earth" meteor magic is awesome (1:53, gently caress off magic at 2:20). The music in Bloodborne is truly fantastic.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 19, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

White Coke posted:

I don't have the game, but I can help you right now: Learn when to give up and move on.

That's never helped me in the past, so pro gamer CJacobs counter-advises you to ignore this advice!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
NICE THUMBNAIL YOU gently caress AAAAAGGGHHH

edit: I enjoyed recording this episode though

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Weeble posted:

Wiggly~wiggly~WiGglY

Do you go and pick up the Accursed Brew?

Lmao poo poo I knew I forgot to tell him to do something

ChaosArgate posted:

...gently caress. :negative:

Time to do the whole let's play over! :toot:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Blacksky Eye and the Executioner's Gloves are both absolutely nuts with high arcane. Poor Amygdala doesn't stand a chance.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XteNQkYKTp0

By the way, here's the Oprhan failure reel I mentioned if you want to see me suffer during the recording of my own LP of the game. This is the only surviving footage of my THIRTY SEVEN attempts at fighting the Orphan.

edit: featuring THAT loving SHRUB in the last death

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A child is born! Congrats on being a kid, then a squid :toot:

Basically you chowing down on those umbilical cords gave you so much insight that you were able to resist the Moon Presence's influence when it tried to trap you in the dream and turn you into Gehrman 2.0 via bear hug. Then you absorbed its power when it died and thus you am become squid, destroyer and/or shaper of worlds.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 15, 2017

• Locked thread