Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dunno if you guys realize this later, but it's not necessary for Argate to actually have a helper to be invaded, he just needs to ring the bell for opening up summons in order to be invaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Weeble posted:

Another reason to keep your saw in short form, and the game NEVER tells you this in any way:

Certain (serrated) weapons do 20% bonus damage against Beast type enemies, like the werewolves. A huge portion of the enemies in the game fall into the beast category.

There are several weapons that count as serrated, although some only count in one form, like your saw.

The game does actually tell you, in the item description. It's not even the first game in the series to do this; there are a few enemy specific damage bonuses in DS1 that are only imparted via item descriptions (off the top of my head, Black Knight weapons doing increased damage to demons, and the Artorias swords doing increased damage to the Darkwraith enemy). Miyazaki loves his cryptic poo poo.

Simply Simon posted:

Also, IF the Wiki can be believed (which is, like, 50% at best) the cane form has a hidden damage type called Righteous, which makes it deal additional damage to a certain subset of enemies found in exactly one area. Some of these mechanics are weird.

If you want an accurate wiki you should use bloodborne-wiki.com. All of the information is straight from the official guide and its layout is much better, imo. In this case your information is correct. Miyazaki loves his cryptic poo poo (it's likely his idea given DS2 did not do this).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ah, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the Bloody Crow just like everyone does the first time they meet him. That one attempt was really close, though.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lady Maria is easily one of my favorite boss fights of all time, and probably my favorite boss fight versus a roughly similar human opponent. But as Argate unwittingly showed off, she is incredibly easy to cheese with parries. And stunlocking for that matter as was mentioned after the fact.

• Locked thread