Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's stream night! Come join us at my Beam channel!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I started a new LP of HITMAN™ today too! Come check it out!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Weeble posted:

...have you guys gotten to the DLC yet, either in stream or on your own? I ask because of the very first thing Artix said this video.

As of last night's stream, I'm maybe halfway through the DLC, I think?

Fake edit: oh. ooooh I see what you're getting at. :argh:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Time to update the thr- what have you guys done? :allears:

Also, Faerie Fortune, Artix and I are doing something special over on my Beam channel around noon EST, so come join us if you can make time!

https://beam.pro/chaosargate

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apologies for being late, I had literally no time today to put this up until right now.

Simply Simon posted:

Nice job on the Witches! I also really like their fight. A gimmick done right, imho - they are just fragile enough to not make it tedious.

Fun fact: if you have a lot of Insight and I think the day needs to have progressed one more stage, the witch servants start spawning all over Hemwick - so if you do this optional area quite late, the difficulty actually "scales". That's pretty nice. It also means that the crazy summoned monsters are not actually real, or at least the only become real to you if you are insightful enough...

...which means that if you have no Insight whatsoever, you can change the boss fight drastically in your favor!

"But Simon, don't you get one Insight for seeing the boss?"

That's right, but you can Mark out and spend that. Afterwards, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x34y6v-eFcI

(this also shows that the second witch is always there, she just doesn't have a health bar)

I have a bonus video demoing that, actually! It's pretty funny that you can make the easiest boss in the game even easier! I'll get that video up sometime tomorrow when I have more than 10 minutes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's stream night! Come join us at my Beam channel!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're actually still a session off from there, because Artix couldn't make the next one and he wanted in on the Cainhurst session. It's still probably a bit early though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're streaming tonight! Come join us over at https://beam.pro/chaosargate.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're streaming tonight! This may or may not be the final stream session, so come join us if you can! We're also switching to Twitch because Beam was giving us issues last time and Hitbox has been a bit spotty as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/chaosargate

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I don't know if I would've been a happy camper if we finished Nightmare Frontier that session, honestly. Also I was promised Castlevania that session and I wasn't gonna turn that down. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Seeing CJacobs post here reminds me, we had a duel a few days after the Cainhurst session.

Simply Simon posted:

Good Lord you murdered Logarius. Parrying is the key to doing really well against him, but that's usually easier said than done. You're just insanely good at it.

You did so much damage that he skipped the power-up move and just went straight to the second phase - which means that he doesn't have an aura around him which he'll usually get from the charge-up, and that aura will prevent bullets from hitting him (it happened in your first try, I think). That made the fight even more of a slaughter!

Yeah, I replayed most of the game on the side not too long after this with a Str/Arc build and throughout I kept wishing I had RGretta's stat loadout because parries are my bread and butter and I'm not nearly as good at the game if I'm not tearing out some poor fool's guts every few minutes. It made Logarius a much harder fight!

tiistai posted:

Dunno if you've been informed or come across it yet, but Queenly Flesh does indeed have a purpose.

Yeah, we'll be seeing that in maybe a month or so?

Edit:

CJacobs posted:

Currently getting crazy owned by Chaos Argate in PVP, help

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 8, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

Holy poo poo, that was an amazing set of duels.

I loved the music you added, too.

You can thank CJakes for that, it was his idea to use Dynamite Headdy songs!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Ah, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the Bloody Crow just like everyone does the first time they meet him. That one attempt was really close, though.

I have an even closer one! gently caress that guy!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

liquidypoo posted:

Say, there seems to be something missing here.

Where's the special commentary version, Argate? :colbert:

Fine, fine, here.

Bloody Crow of Cainhurst: Alt Audio edition

Shei-kun posted:

Holy poo poo!

That ain't right. You totally had him.

Edit: Get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

That must have been very, very satisfying.

I was so upset when I recorded the first run on that video, holy poo poo. I think that was the run just before the actual winning one too. It happened again to me last night in Persona 5, where I got a boss to just a tiny sliver of health and then it one-shot me from full HP and killed that run. :negative:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Yo your LP got me to give this game another shot and it turns out it's the best Souls game there is, so thanks for that.

Glad to hear it! This game is fantastic and if I can convince anyone to give it a look, I've done my job well.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Casnorf's audio for this session is a little funky because his Audacity picked up a webcam microphone or something instead of his Yeti and we didn't realize it until the next session.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

My problem is I think to much. I want to understand bosses and dodge their moves well and I see "ah, this is her weakpoint" and aim for the head, try to bait out attacks and such, when really, I should just R1 her flanks until the cows come home. But then I get HIT and I didn't see it COMING and shouldn't I be doing this SMARTER??? But no. I shouldn't. I should just keep hitting. I still am struggling to make myself do that. Argate has mastered it already.

I think part of the reason why I love the Blade of Mercy is because it's super high rate of attack really lets you do a real number on bosses when you decide you wanna get a little greedy, and with enough finesse, getting greedy is really rewarding with the BoM.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Watching episode 08 right now - is that supposed to happen?

Yes! It'll make sense much, much later, I swear!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Gonna push today's update over to tomorrow, I'm a bit too busy today to ready thumbnails and all that.

Dzhay posted:

ChaosArgate, how much further into the game are you than what we've seen?

Assuming it's not "I've finished it, twice": what do you think is going on in Yarnham?

The LP's all recorded and edited, save for one or two bonus videos, so I'm fairly certain I actually know the answer.

Pollyanna posted:

:stare:

I really, really like the whole Insight mechanic. I'm a sucker for sanity effects. How crazy does it get, like can I expect some Eternal Darkness-level poo poo coming of it?

I can't really say for certain, since I've never really looked into Eternal Darkness, but I don't think the insight stuff'll get as crazy as ED would.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I can't wait to show the other DLC bosses because those were a lot of fun to fight. :D

• Locked thread