Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
The Demon Souls stream was fun. I've never played that game.

I've gotten the Plat for Bloodborne. This will be amazing to watch.

Strength/Arcane best build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Another reason to keep your saw in short form, and the game NEVER tells you this in any way:

Certain (serrated) weapons do 20% bonus damage against Beast type enemies, like the werewolves. A huge portion of the enemies in the game fall into the beast category.

There are several weapons that count as serrated, although some only count in one form, like your saw.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
The way they word that item description is very unclear.

Until I'd read about the bonus damage online, I'd thought it was just flavor text.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Haven't really been able to catch the streams; has Argate bothered with the Chalice Dungeons beyond this? There's one (really two) I definitely want to see him at least attempt. Lower Pthumeru and Defiled

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Any kind of Fire/Bolt/Arcane damage tears through them almost instantly.

They're only a problem if you can only do pure phys damage.

Also, I very much hope the next episode goes where the cutoff on this one implies.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Just gonna say it: Rifle Spear.

Although you probably know by now anyway.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
...have you guys gotten to the DLC yet, either in stream or on your own? I ask because of the very first thing Artix said this video.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Arcane definitely requires the most investment to go all in on... but the highest tier item isn't really worth it imo. Consumes way too many bullets for what it does.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
...could've sworn you couldn't do that thing at the Tomb of Oedon without having bought the Hunter Chief Emblem.

What?

Also: I've always taken an alternate route to the Abandoned Workshop; never knew about those ropes.

Weeble fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 14, 2017

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
...did you guys actually send him to Cainhurst this early?

You Monsters.

:allears:

Weeble fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 18, 2017

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Hate the woods, so much.

Stupid Snake Balls. Stupid Snake Men.

I always sprint through it nowadays.... or at least I want to. drat the good nature of the loot.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I always push through the Central Pthumeru chalice dungeon before fighting the Shadows. Gotta get those Shaman Bone Blades, if only for how hilarious they make the fight.

Make them kill each other.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Byrgenwerth was the predecessor to the Healing Church, which then split into the Choir and the School of Mensis.

...I really like this game's lore.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
The Wheel is one of my favorite weapons in the game. It's so much fun to use.

Always be Strength/Arcane.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Arcane builds make fighting Amy nigh effortless.

The whip is a good choice though; really good for reaching those weak points.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I've seen those two mooks kill the Tentacle Faced Axe Man before.

If they attack before it does, and stagger themselves to keep up the stunlock, they can do it pretty easily.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
.....dude, that makes me angry.

You're way too good at this.

Anyway, that Isz Chalice? Far and away the best way to grind echoes in the game. If you get the route down, you can easily make 200k+ echoes a minute. Great for leveling up to really high levels.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Which Str/Arc weapon did Artix mean?

'cause there's two.

Although... he said it's silly, so I'm pretty sure I know which one now. 'tis quite silly. I like the other one more though.

As for Skill weapons, Saif all the way.

Weeble fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 7, 2017

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Those are not bags.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Started out mad, but got significantly less mad by the end.

Hulk gargling water is quite an apt description.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
The Rakuyo is a very fun weapon.

It has crazy-varied combo potential when transformed.

I believe:
R1s are slashing attacks.
R2s are stabbing attacks.
They can be freely interchanged.
L2 does a different finisher-type move depending on if it follows a slash, a stab, or is done stand-alone.

Then of course, there are the transformation attacks and the un-transformed move set.

Probably my favorite Skill weapon in the game.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Not sure if you know it by now, or care, but you need more than the Arcane requirement to use the Parasite.

You need to have collected all the brain fluid for the lady in the Research Hall. She gives you a rune that you need to equip to properly use the weapon.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I like the Nightmare of Mensis.

Also, gotta love that Lower Pthumeru chalice for all its spider hell goodness. That dungeon (and Defiled) are the reasons I wish you'd done that Chalice Dungeons.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Wiggly~wiggly~WiGglY

Do you go and pick up the Accursed Brew?

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016

ChaosArgate posted:

Holy poo poo this thing needs how much Arcane???

Because if you're doing enough of an Arcane build that you're using the Tools, you might as well go all the way and get the most out of them you can.

The Black Sky Eye and the Accursed Brew are the two best spells/tools in the game. ACB with its ridiculous cost has nothing on those spells. The Gloves are still really, really good though.

Weeble fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 8, 2017

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
The music was a nice touch. :allears:

On another note, who would win in a scream-off?

Orphan of Kos
Ludwig
or
Cleric Beast/Laurence

Or rather, which scream triggers you more?

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
It's not that Yarnham has a queen; it's that Yarnham is named after Queen Yarnham.

She was the last queen of the ancient Pthumerians; you know, the guys whose chalice dungeons you go traipsing through.

She is also Mergo's mother.

Weeble fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Just for fun; a list of the known/encountered Great Ones.

Formless Oedon: Mergo's 'father', and the one to impregnate Arianna and Fake Iosefka. Also the source of the 'Old Blood.'

Ebrietas: The Great One with which the Choir successfully made Contact. Some kind of connection to Rom.

Mergo: Child of Oedon and Queen Yarnham. The Great One that the School of Mensis made Contact with. Source of the Nightmare of Mensis. One of two successful examples of Great One progeny.

Mergo's Wet Nurse: Kind of a self-explanatory title there.

Kos (some say Kosm): Was hanging out in basically Innsmouth. The first Great One to be Contacted; by Byrgenwyrth. Got REAL pissed at all of the college's experiments/sacking the village, and thus created the plague of beasts out of vengeance.

Sweet Child/Orphan of Kos: The OTHER example of successful Great One reproduction. Pretty sure it is the source of the Nightmare that traps the Hunters even after death. Not 100% sure though.

Amygdala: A lesser Great One, and there are a lot of them.

Thinking on it, Oedon may have been 'encountered' before Kos (some say Kosm). The Fishing Hamlet was raided by what was essentially the first Hunters, and Hunters get their powers from blood; the Old Blood. I'm pretty sure the lore is that Byrgenwyrth scholars found the ancient chalice dungeon catacombs beneath Yarnham and got their exploring on. There, they found the Old Blood, beginning Yarnham's practice of magical Blood Ministration. In searching for more evidence of these Great One's that gave them such power/knowledge, they found the Fishing Hamlet.

The lore of this game is fun.

Weeble fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 14, 2017

• Locked thread